Did you like it?  

229 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

The episode was alright, though I was kind of expecting a showdown with the big bad guy at the end like most westerns.

The two things I didn't expect..

-The way the episode ended

-Troubleshoes is a big friggen pony. Heck I'd go so far as to actually call him a horse.

• Brohoof 1

I like the episode fine, I just felt there was a big hole in the middle of it where just one change could have made a world of difference.

The crux of the story seemed to be Troubleshoes' cutie mark (it is the theme of the season after all), but I spent the whole episode waiting for that to pay of and it never did.

All the episode needed was a better/more interesting cutie mark for Troubleshoes, something with two meanings (like a sad clown face that then looked happy when hee balanced upside-down or something) that could have provided an epiphany moment where the CMC suddenly realised that Troubleshores had been looking at his mark the wrong way all his life. The upside-down horse shoe was just too clear-cut and served as a dead end to that aspect of the story.

I also suspect that this episode started out much more ambitious, with the mane six being the ones to help Troubleshoes via the cutie map, but something then must have happened to change it into a CMC episode.

It was still good, but felt like it could have been a lot better.

• Brohoof 2

Am I the only one who's a little tired of Applejack's impersonations of Big Mac? We have seen that a lot in the past two seasons. It seems kind of lazy to keep using it over and over. Also, I though Applejack was out of character. In "Somepony to Watch Over Me," she was SUPER protective of Apple Bloom, but she lets Braeburn watch them when she knows that he has lost them before! It just didn't seem like her to put a competition before her little sister's safety.

• Brohoof 3

Not the best of this season or the show yet, but I think this episode had its charm.

I should consider rewatching it to catch all the gems.

Braeburn failing to watch the fillies may have been my personal favourite thing of the episode.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

when i saw dave polsky name in the credits i groaned and i was prepared for the crapfest but it was actually really good ! this episode reinforces that his episodes are hit and miss 

Edited by reformed twixie

This episode was better than the last one about Rainbow Dash. I liked how it focused on the Cutie Mark Crusaders instead of the Mane 6. I like learning more about the rest of the fandom. To me it showed that even the smallest (possibly most inexperienced) pony may see solutions you don't.

• Brohoof 1

The highlight of this episode:  The fillies telling the truth, despite how they would get punished for it.

The moral of this episode:  Be careful not to judge someone too quickly

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

The more I reflect on this episode, the less I like it. It's perhaps the most fundamentally flawed episode since MMDW, maybe even more so.

1) Troubleshoes' klutziness is a subject of ridicule and amusement for others, and yet the CMC's reaction is to put him infront of a crowd so he can crash around, entirely unintentionally. It's almost as bad as laughing at someone for their disability. In fact, I really don't see it as much different. If this was an act he was putting on, I could understand, but it isn't. 

2) Think about this from the perspective of the actual rodeo clowns. Their talent is to do what they do. They're coordinated, they train together, and this is their destiny. Now that destiny is subverted by a total klutz who is just going to ruin everything they do. Their entire act becomes playing crash dummy for Troubleshoes. The CMC's solution was to fulfill one pony's destiny by destroying the destiny of the entire team of clowns. 

• Brohoof 1

I just realized that in over a month, i haven't given any thoughts to this episode. Now you get it.

It's the equivalant of watching an episode with just mayonaise in it. It's boring, it's stupid and it's just a waste of your time. Granted, it's not as bad as Spike at your Service or Rainbow Falls, but it's certainly not a good episode.

Worst episode of the season so far.

• Brohoof 2

Not sure if this is the right place to post this... Any advice on where I should post stuff like this, would be great! Also, if any of you wanna host it yourself, or make changes to it, that's ok. Ya don't even have to give me any credits or mentions. :)

Anywho... I couldn't find a good source for subtitles, for this episode. So I made them, myself! :D

http://www.seymoronion.com/Annabelle/MLP_FiM_S5_E06_Appleoosas_Most_Wanted.rar

It took like 10 hours! :wau:

If ya'll know of any good places to get subs for My Little Pony episodes, please let me know.

The places I've checked, so far, also don't have them for Season 5's Fifth Episode: "Tanks for the Memories".

Am gonna make subs for that episode too, unless ya'll can let me know if/where somepony else has em...

It's kinda a bummer, to spend nearly one whole day per episode, doing this, but I have a relative that loves the show, but can't hear too well...

:blush:

(edited)

Hm.

I took a pony break for a few weeks and am just catching up now, so I don't know if there's anything added in the next few episodes that makes up for this one.

I was not fond of it.

I feel like this completely squanders the entire purpose behind, and all established lore about, cutie marks. Cutie marks are supposed to appear once you have realized who you are and what you are meant to do. They come with meaning, and if there is no meaning, they simply don't come. I'm not articulating this well, but this episode in my opinion completely defeats everything we've learned about cutie marks thus far.

I'm happy to see Braeburn again and am enjoying the number of CMC episodes so far, but this was not good. Troubleshoes contradicts so much of what we know about Equestrian society, and unless it's clarified in another episode, I don't see myself liking this anytime soon.

ETA: The pacing also felt off. This wasn't well written, and Troubleshoes (Is it one word or two?) is just a discount Eeyore.

ETA again: The rain dripping off of ponies' manes was really nice. I watched this on very low quality (like 340px) but was still able to recognize the improving animation, which is great. Still doesn't make up for the bulk of the episode, unfortunately.

Edited by Abia
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

What really annoyed me was the CMC wanting to join the rodeo to get their cutie marks. In Bloom and Gloom, they all agreed to stop worrying about it and let it come naturally. Hell, we even get to see Sweetie Belle's and Scootaloo's dreams. They already have an idea of what their cutie marks will be. Why do they continue doing random shit instead of focusing on their talents?

Anyway, the episode was meh. It didn't do anything bad in particular, it was just boring and didn't have as many jokes/gags as I was expecting. Probably one of the most unfunny episodes of the show and the worst episode of the season.

This part confused me.

Why was Scootaloo the most scared? If anything, it would be Sweetie Belle. My friend said that Scoots possibly had flashbacks from Sleepless in Ponyville or something of the sort. Interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

as to expect with Dave Polsky, it was a solid episode, but i feel like the humor fell flat, and this episode continues to cause concern and curiousity of the actual mechanics and meaning of Cutie Marks.  in earlier seasons, the "Faustian" seasons, the Cutie Mark was just a mark, it represented you and your talents, like a tattoo, but this slowly went beyond that, something that seemed so natural and simple was actually a huge mcguffin for drama and misery.

ever since episode 65 "Magical Mystery Cure", i was started to get the hint that Cutie Marks are more like your soul, fate, spirit, destiny, the end all to be all, to the point where it's just as important as your brain and heart, and that disturbs me considering how easy it has been to mess with them!

and now we learn from season 5 that you can actually get a destiny, have a soul, that is against your will?!  i thought Cutie Marks were at least a mark of your true will, but Trouble Hooves is one of the most unfortunate souls.  there is a theory that Diamond Tiara hates herself secretly, knowing that her destiny is decided as a spoiled brat, only fuels her to hate others even more, but this is merely speculation.

as much as the CMC meant well, and helped Trouble Hooves see a brighter side of his fate, there is no mistaking that Trouble Hooves is just hated by the universe to have such a Cutie Mark, and if this episode would have happened before Blood & Gloom, that would have further justified and caused anxiety with the CMC in that episode, but instead in this chronology (if we can ever assume there is an actual chronological pattern episode to episode, hard to say for sure sometimes), allowed the CMC to have some insight about Cutie Marks thanks to the console of Luna.

so perhaps that let them deal with Trouble Hooves with some insight and such, but otherwise is still a worrisome episode, while not a bad episode, i can't help to feel like this was a stale and bittersweet episode overall, though we could stretch a moral pointing out that sometimes life screws you over, some people are disabled since birth, but you just got to do what you can to get by, so if that is the point of the episode, then it covers that well, but it wasn't as entertaining as it could have been.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

as to expect with Dave Polsky, it was a solid episode, but i feel like the humor fell flat, and this episode continues to cause concern and curiousity of the actual mechanics and meaning of Cutie Marks.  in earlier seasons, the "Faustian" seasons, the Cutie Mark was just a mark, it represented you and your talents, like a tattoo, but this slowly went beyond that, something that seemed so natural and simple was actually a huge mcguffin for drama and misery.

ever since episode 65 "Magical Mystery Cure", i was started to get the hint that Cutie Marks are more like your soul, fate, spirit, destiny, the end all to be all, to the point where it's just as important as your brain and heart, and that disturbs me considering how easy it has been to mess with them!

and now we learn from season 5 that you can actually get a destiny, have a soul, that is against your will?!  i thought Cutie Marks were at least a mark of your true will, but Trouble Hooves is one of the most unfortunate souls.  there is a theory that Diamond Tiara hates herself secretly, knowing that her destiny is decided as a spoiled brat, only fuels her to hate others even more, but this is merely speculation.

as much as the CMC meant well, and helped Trouble Hooves see a brighter side of his fate, there is no mistaking that Trouble Hooves is just hated by the universe to have such a Cutie Mark, and if this episode would have happened before Blood & Gloom, that would have further justified and caused anxiety with the CMC in that episode, but instead in this chronology (if we can ever assume there is an actual chronological pattern episode to episode, hard to say for sure sometimes), allowed the CMC to have some insight about Cutie Marks thanks to the console of Luna.

so perhaps that let them deal with Trouble Hooves with some insight and such, but otherwise is still a worrisome episode, while not a bad episode, i can't help to feel like this was a stale and bittersweet episode overall, though we could stretch a moral pointing out that sometimes life screws you over, some people are disabled since birth, but you just got to do what you can to get by, so if that is the point of the episode, then it covers that well, but it wasn't as entertaining as it could have been.

But his cutie mark was exactly what he wanted, rodeo. If he and the town had been smart enough to see what was happening he could have been happy all along, thus the idea of your cutie mark showing you what will make you happy and fulfilled is still ok.

so perhaps that let them deal with Trouble Hooves with some insight and such, but otherwise is still a worrisome episode, while not a bad episode, i can't help to feel like this was a stale and bittersweet episode overall, though we could stretch a moral pointing out that sometimes life screws you over, some people are disabled since birth, but you just got to do what you can to get by, so if that is the point of the episode, then it covers that well, but it wasn't as entertaining as it could ha

But his cutie mark was exactly what he wanted, rodeo. If he and the town had been smart enough to see what was happening he could have been happy all along, thus the idea of your cutie mark showing you what will make you happy and fulfilled is still true.

But his cutie mark was exactly what he wanted, rodeo. If he and the town had been smart enough to see what was happening he could have been happy all along, thus the idea of your cutie mark showing you what will make you happy and fulfilled is still true.

that is one way to look at it, and while that is the "face value lesson", it was not clearly expressed in the episode that way to me. no matter how you try to justify it, Trouble Hooves cutie mark is not obvious to being a rodeo clown. to have a cutie mark that makes you clumsy is not a very satisfying destiny, this is not a good representation of the Equestrian universe. even though there was a problem more or less resolved with the perception of him and the people of the town, i can't help but wonder if this really was the moral of the story, because it was so vaguely expressed i feel like there is a meaning between the lines.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Yes, a... bad luck cutie mark. Aren't cutie marks supposed to be related to, y'know, finding a passion? Even if we accept that cutie marks are mostly random and "predestined," that someone can get what is clearly a bad luck cutie mark - I mean, that horseshoe is clearly a symbol of bad luck. You can't claim it isn't. - seems really cruel to me. Apparently, foals should spend their lives in utter terror that the cutie mark gods could give them a cutie mark which would ruin their lives forever. 

But of course, that's not how cutie marks work anywhere else in the show, which really only makes it worse. Garbage. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

This episode is just really cute, I thought Braeburn and Troubleshoes was completely cute  and really shippable the entire time and I hope they make more appearances in the future