Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Beaten by Swarm Intelligence

Sarcasmo

Somewhere out there, there is always someone who knows better than you... Whenever you make a mistake on the internet somebody will correct you... The answer to most questions can  be solved by simply typing the right thing into google...

Do you ever feel like your being beaten by swarm intelligence? That your puny mind can't go up against the collective intellect of millions? Does it get you down? Or do you happily join the swarm with your little bit of expertise?

my_little_parasprite_by_olivia_cartwrigh

It's natural to make mistakes and see possible answers through others; try to understand others' answers, then make up your own. the only way to be beaten is if you've learned nothing.

Ehh. I honestly have taken to seeing the benefits of living in a society of diverse expertise. I may never be the best, but in all honesty? I'm glad there is someone (or many, many people) out there that devoted more time than I did to a different area, because in the end I think we all benefit from it. And, I'll happily contribute my little part, so other people benefit while they make their own contributions.

Like, I'm studying to be a biochemist. Whatever advances I can make may benefit people in some way. Meanwhile, chemists in other areas, biologists, inventors, programmers, game makers, writers, industrialists, journalists, food producers, product designers, nutritionists, mathematicians, teachers, tutors... all of them contribute in a way I benefit from currently, and will continue to benefit from later on.

I don't think we have true swarm intellect, but for the metaphor, I'm happily a part of the swarm.  ;)

Edited by SFyr