Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

slice of life Back To Ponyville

Astral Legend

Today was the day. The day that I return to Ponyville. To be honest with everypony, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous. Why you ask? Well, I haven't been to Ponyville ever since I was a young colt and a rather adventurous one at that. This was long overdue and I need to get this out of the way. My parents have been exchanging messages ever since I decided to leave Ponyville for the mountains. They wanted me to return there and try to make friends or at the very least, try to be a little more social. Considering my other outburst, I guess it was appropriate. Maybe I was just feeding myself this heavy feeling of mine but could you blame me? I have no idea what I'll do once I get there, who to talk to, or what to do about taking the first real step of having a normal life. 

Don't get me wrong, everypony. There wasn't a problem with my life now but...I realized how lonely my life was without anypony to share it with. Regardless of how nervous I feel now, I've got to at least make a conscious effort to try to change. With how dangerous my line of work is, I wouldn't want something to happen to me and possibly be alone at the end. That kind of thing scares me. It really does but for now it's time I stallion up and make something of myself with the ponies that are in my hometown. Well...at least I will when the sun comes up. It was in the middle of the night right now and there wouldn't be nopony out so late even though I pretty much like the nightlife. After all, when I was mostly alone, I used to find solace in the one thing that always greeted me no matter how tough times where. The moon. Yes, my first real friend was the moon. I know what you're thinking. The moon can't talk to me, listen to me, nor acknowledge me in any way but...I can't explain it. I felt attached to it. Maybe it was because I was young and loneliness hit me harder when I was young.

Enough about my rambling though, it's time I leave the safety of the cave I had been in for so long. This was a great place for me. It was isolated, peaceful, quiet. Here I was the king of my own castle. Not anymore. I'm going to move back into Ponyville into my parent's house. They sent me the key and now it's time for me to move on. I promised myself I won't return here unless I really needed to get away. Can't keep running anymore and I won't. I'm no coward. I can do it if I put my mind to it, just you wait and see.

With every one of my belongings packed on my back and saddle bag, I took one last look inside the cave. It was almost soul crushing to say the least. I had so many good memories of this place and for some ponies, this wouldn't be a way to live but I made it work through effort. This will always be my home, my port in the storm, my sanctuary. I looked forward again over the Everfree Forest then I close my eyes and let go of the breath I had been holding.

Now starts the rest of my life. I won't waste this chance that I gave myself.

I took a step forward then another and another until I went into a full blown sprint and hopped off of the mountain face and plummeted toward the forest. Feeling the wind breeze through my mane felt good...really good. A small smile curved its way on my face then went further into a smirk. As soon as I was about to reach the tree line of the forest, I used my magic to create a powerful updraft of wind under me and gently floated to the ground. I didn't waste anytime, however, the Everfree Forest was dangerous at night. Even I knew that but that hint of danger to me is what made it fun. Ponies may say that I'm a madpony for thinking this but not all of us are the same. Some of us like adventure, some of us like to do extraordinary feats that others may never attempt. While I did this only for the sole purpose of excitement, I also do what I do because I know what I do helps Equestria in some small way. Plus, if anything happens, you'd be able to know to survive in case something did happen. Ponies that live in Equestria know that something may happen in almost every day of the week.

It may be peaceful here but it certainly can get chaotic and that's the truth. There's never boring, that's for sure. At this point I take off in a full blown sprint toward Ponyville, weaving in and out of trees, jumping over low branches. One would think that this large pack would slow me down but I've trained my body to handle things that are twice my size even though I'll never be a strong as an Earth Pony but I can honestly say that I can at least hold my own if needed to be.

It didn't take me long to arrive in Ponyville. I can honestly say that everything changed since I last been here. Standing here at the edge of the forest, I gazed at Ponyville being bathed in the light of the moon. It really had changed...everything looks so much more colorful and lively even here in the serenity of the moon. Maybe I could get used to this? I took my first step toward the town and started walking slowly down the dirt path that I eventually got to. As I was walking, I went past a place called Sweet Apple Acres. I remember this place. It's been here since before I moved away. I looked at the acres of apple trees within its gates but I dared not go in uninvited. Looking here suited me just fine but boy did those apples look tasty. Maybe I'll buy some in the market when things are open in the morning.

I continued my walk to head into the heart of Ponyville. Things seemed pretty normal so far. The library was still there, there was Sugarcube Corner that was halfway down the road. The abundance of houses and there seem to be a lot more than I was used to and finally Town Hall where Mayor Mare lived. At least I think she was still in office because the last I remember she ran unopposed for the longest time. I'm not sure if ponies couldn't shoulder the responsibility of running a whole town or they simply didn't want to though I wouldn't blame them. Mayor Mare seemed to be running things as smoothly as ever besides no need to change that at all since she did a great job of it. I chuckled to myself as I was thinking that and finally went down to town square to sit down on a bench right in front of a fountain. 

It was a lot to take in but Ponyville seemed to be the same as it always been. Although, I was telling myself that back then I had no idea how chaotic things would become at a later date and misunderestimated just how unhinged this town could become. Of course, that was the charm of Ponyville after all. It was perfect for me. I lean back against the bench and looked up at the sky, scanning the stars. Luna really did make the night sky look beautiful and if I could, I'd certainly share my gratitude with her. 

I gotten up from the bench after 30 minutes and put the pack back on before walking to my house which was only a few houses away from Sugarcube Corner. I found it pretty easily because it was the only one that didn't look lived in for a while and it hasn't. I wonder if the ponies even knew about my parents or their only son. No use in thinking about it now, I finished for the keys to the house in my saddle bag and levitated toward the door and unlocked it before pushing the door softly open and heading inside. I looked inside the house with the moonlight being my only source. It looked pretty dusty in here but nothing that a little cleaning couldn't fixed. It felt good to be home after so long. I kicked the door closed behind me and lit up the place using my magic until I could find a candle to light.

I put my stuff away after checking out the rest of the house. It seems that I needed a lot of dusting...my mother would faint if she saw how dusty it was in here. Better get to it since I was going to be awake for a while. From that night till the morning, I was cleaning before finally crashing on my bed in my room. I stayed awake a little longer and saw the sun rise. I smiled softly as I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Home. Sweet. Home. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the second story that I made following the first one. I'll continue to write about his adventures here besides I feel like I want to make my mark with this fandom to let people know that I too was a part of this. 

Happy Reading!