Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BronyCon 2015 Baltimore Update

Batbrony

Hey everyone, this is just a quick update about BronyCon 2015, but given its size and relevance to the fandom, I thought it might be prudent to post this in light of recent events.  As I'm sure most of you know, over the weekend and through Monday, quite a bit of civil unrest, protests, and eventually rioting broke out in Baltimore, MD.  As I'm sure most of you are also aware, Baltimore has been the host city of BronyCon for most years since it started.  Given recent events, the staff there felt the need to issue a statement about how the recent riots, at this time, affect this year's plans for the con.  Long story short, at this time there are no plans to change the venue.  Given that the con is at the start of August, the convention staff are confident that the city will be safe and order restored by the time the convention rolls around.  That said, they are still monitoring the situation and ensured fans that they have a contingency plan in place in case they need to make a last minute change of venue.

You can read the full update by clicking on the link below to BronyCon's homepage.  I just thought I'd get the word out for any bronies or pegasisters with plans in place to attend BronyCon this year.

BronyCon 2015 Homepage and Baltimore Update

tumblr_inline_nesrn1OO2b1r0uqjr.png

Oh yeah, one more thing.  To any forum members who may live in or near Baltimore, stay safe and God's blessings.  I pray that peace may be restored to your city soon.  :(

• Brohoof 2

I hope everything's alright by then. I've already booked plane and hotel tickets and they're non-refundable, so if they have to change the venue and/or the event dates, I don't know what I'll do.

• Brohoof 1

I hope everything's alright by then. I've already booked plane and hotel tickets and they're non-refundable, so if they have to change the venue and/or the event dates, I don't know what I'll do.

Hope everything works out for you.  At this point, I wouldn't worry too much, but if the unrest keeps up through the summer, who knows what could happen?  Certainly hope everything gets squared away there and things get back to normal soon.

• Brohoof 1

Riots for another 3 months? I don't even think the city would be functioning by that point. Everyone would have moved out because everyday life & public services would be shut down. And I highly doubt the riots would stay riots in 3 months. If people are that pissed at the system, it would most likely degenerate to terrorism or open warfare between civilian militias & the military. So yeah, Baltimore would be out of the cards for anypony and everypony.

Though it's nice to know Bronycon staff have a contingency plan. Wonder what it is. Maybe host the con in D.C.? Chuck it back up to NY state and resurrect BroNYCon?