Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Banned Episodes?

Grumpy Enchantress

I somehow doubt that an episode was animated before being rejected.  That's expensive.  They're vetted way before that.

It probably wouldn't, but it's happened before. It happened with Ren and Stimpy, which had some of the most expensive TV animation ever, because John K is a perfectionist that's terrible with money; MLP's animation is at least a lot cheaper than that so it wouldn't be as ridiculous.

I somehow doubt that an episode was animated before being rejected.  That's expensive.  They're vetted way before that.

It has happened before, just not in My Little Pony. The infamous "Boston" episode of ATHF and a handful of Pokemon episodes were banned before they hit the airwaves.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah just like South Park did with 200 and its sequel 201 as well Super Best Friends being banned from airing on Television and on Digital markets like iTunes.

Maybe there is a secret episode that will get banned because it has blining strobe effects throughout the episode and could cause seizures.

Yeah, Last RoundDERP  :lol: . Don't doubt there are one or two episodes that never passed from storyboards, as it happened with a lost episode of Rugrats, that was quite....... dark, lets leave it at that  ;)

It would be interesting though, if after the show ends, we'll get some info of them, maybe in a documentary of the show itself, that would be SWEET  :yay:

• Brohoof 1

Well, speaking of MLP specifically, I have a hard time believing that an episode had been banned. Granted I am sure certain elements would've been axed from production, but never an entire episode.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe there is a secret episode that will get banned because it has blining strobe effects throughout the episode and could cause seizures.

*cough* pokemon. Damn pikachu zapping a missile

• Brohoof 1

It probably wouldn't, but it's happened before. It happened with Ren and Stimpy, which had some of the most expensive TV animation ever, because John K is a perfectionist that's terrible with money; MLP's animation is at least a lot cheaper than that so it wouldn't be as ridiculous.

Ren and Stimpy had some pretty strong content. I can see why they'd get banned.

From these five seasons I can't think of ANY content that could even suggest being worth banning (at least not here in the US)

• Brohoof 2

Ren and Stimpy had some pretty strong content. I can see why they'd get banned.

From these five seasons I can't think of ANY content that could even suggest being worth banning (at least not here in the US)

I probably should have put "banned" in quotes. I don't mean actually banned from the country, just the network refuses to air it. Ren and Stimpy was more racy than MLP, but Nick was also allowing them to get away with a lot more than Discovery ever would let MLP do.

Derpy was censored, which is why I wonder if anything like that ever happened that didn't even air and maybe even a whole episode.

the only one i know of that got chaged was derpy in the last round up. and I know that princess luna was originally called princess selena preproduction but it was changed to luna because i think it clashed with sailor moon or something like that.

Probably if somepony does something... inappropriate. I don't think that have happend before in MLP outside of fanfics ^^.. although i usually believe making a big fuss out of something ruins the joy and magic out of it. So i tend to be chill and just relax ^^

Edited by Trine

If we're talking about a "shelved" or a "lost episode" then I wanna put it out that I think that's what "Tanks for the memories" was. It just feels like such a season two episode. Especially Dashes character. It's like Cindy M. wrote that back when season two was in preproduction, and it just didn't fit in the season, or was rejected for the subjuct matter. ( the five stages of grieving not fitting the theme of that season, early on in the series) so, rejected, maybe reworked, and approved later.

Oh yeah, I just remembered, there was a banned script that was banned because Rarity abused Spike too much. It was the original Spike at Your Service that was going to be a Rarity episode. I hope that script gets leaked and becomes a fan episode so bad!!! :D It would have been 1000 times better than that Applejack piece of crap version that actually got made.

I wonder if any of that episode was actually voiced or animated. I hope the whole thing was completely done before Hasbro banned it and it eventually gets leaked or becomes a DVD bonus feature or something!!! ;)

I'm sure that a lot of episode ideas and scripts were scrapped that we'll never know about.

• Brohoof 2

This show isn't Family Guy or South Park or anything like that, so I doubt there will ever be any DVD exclusive, banned from TV episodes that have been completed. I'm sure if there's ever an issue with an episode, it's almost always ironed out sometime during the process before it airs. The Derpy scene edit is one such instance of an episode being altered after airing, and I personally think that whole issue was dumb to begin with. I suppose it helps Hasbro's bottom line since fans can purchase a partial DVD set that includes the unedited episode. I'm perfectly content with my full season 2 set though. I believe I found a page somewhere on the official wiki that listed various edits to episodes during international broadcast that I found amusing, but it's not like there's anything scandalous about FiM for NA audiences.

I doubt it.

I think the closest we've had were the changed Derpy scene from "The Last Round Up" and the rewritten script for "Spike At Your Service" because the original was considered too mean-spirited for Spike abuse.

I don't think that a script like that would make it to air if it had been written-but then again, other kid's cartoons have had episodes like that-so I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that something like that might happen it the future.

• Brohoof 3