Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming If you could replay any game for the first time what would it be?

Saylor Scout

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Meson Bolt said:

Undertale. The feels that game makes you feel is absolutely worth playing it blind.

Man, I was gonna say Undertale. Now I have to pick something else. I watched Jack's playthrough on YouTube before I played it myself, and he had me crying at the end.

Other than Undertale, I'd probably say Zelda Majora's Mask. That game as so much unusual, crazy crap in it, and it's insane. The whole three days thing kind of kills it's replayability for me, though

Edited by Zephyr / Karou
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Zephyr / Karou said:

Man, I was gonna say Undertale. Now I have to pick something else

Hey, just because I like something doesn't mean you can't like it too. It's a good game! :3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Celli said:

Super Metroid

I would stay the same, only I find Super Metroid quite scary. I love the game, but it is scary to me. I got 100 percent items so I'm fine :sealed:

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-05-08 at 10:03 PM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2, just to get through the narrow flooding:mlp_gag: part of Chemical Plant Zone, Act 2:mlp_okiedokieloki:  

Worst section in the game for sure, except for the last boss' hit box :unamused:

Bad hitboxes and bottomless pits, and you have Sonic Advance 2..... Except, the most annoying part is the floor collision glitches taking away your boost, and SP rings being a one time fail........ I'll still choose to play Sonic Advance 2 all over again! Maybe not... :mlp_wat:

• Brohoof 1

It's Breath of the Wild. Don't know what they did but there really was a sense of awe when playing that game for the first time

• Brohoof 1

Not Undertale. Despite it being a really good game, I wasn't really blown back by any of the plot points in it despite going into the game with rudimentary knowledge of the story. 

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for sure. I'm truly interested in how differently I'd react to it now playing it as a man ten years older than the teenager playing it after being inspired by Turnabout Storm back in the day. 

• 1 month later...

Oh man, there are so many games I'd love to experience for the first time again! My top three would probably be...

1. Fire Emblem: Awakening

2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

3. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

• Brohoof 1

The Arcana. One of the few games that I played through without spoiling myself beforehand, and it was totally worth it. Given that it’s very story-driven, there are only so many times you can play it before it starts feeling repetitive. I’m having trouble finishing the last route (which for me is Portia’s) because I already know the story by heart by now.

Right now I’m trying to squeeze some replay value out of the game by unlocking all of the “premium choices” for each character using in-game currency. The game is very F2P friendly, though ironically I’ve spent quite a bit of money on it just because I want to support the devs as much as possible. I even have an official plushie of one of the main characters! 

284B1860-D949-4BDD-A809-F77DA8BF3EE6.jpeg

On 2015-05-11 at 9:28 AM, catnet said:

Hmm... tough call. I'm tempted to go with Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door here, since it's my favourite game as well as one that I could keep on playing for a long time to come. The music in it still gives me the feels today... it'd be great to experience it all over again.  :catface:

However, if I could also go back to before I spoiled the game for myself, then I'd like to replay EarthBound for the first time... Pokey Means Business and Giygas' appearance would have been a lot more surprising and amazing to me (not that they weren't already x3) if I didn't know about them until experiencing them for myself.

I loved that (paper Mario) game. Spent so much time on it, tattled all the enemies, cooked all the dishes, did all the troubles.

And then I lost the game, console, and memory card cause my brother’s friend just “threw it away” since he was cleaning up his place. What the f*ck.

Having said that I’d be willing to start all over anyways just for fun, but all those badges and levels…

• 5 weeks later...

I would probably play Outer Wilds. The story is really good, but you can only really enjoy that game on your first playthrough. After that, there's no reason to play again, because only your lack of knowledge prevents you from finishing it in 10 minutes.

I would have to say I experienced no joy like the first time I played and completed Banjo Kazooie, and Banjo Tooie imho is a little better, so choosing between the two would be extremely difficult, I've beat them both 50+ times no exaggeration even I used to try to speed run, but my obsession with 100% completion makes me dive pretty deep into platformers, the ONLY modern platformer that is viable today completely, (and I still love games like Yooka Laylee and Mario Odyssey) would have to be A Hat In Time.. there's a lot of games I love, and would really love to relive the joy of playing it for the first time again, who knows maybe I wouldn't be so sick of Smash Brothers if I played it for the first time again, I remember my first video game, Diddy Kong Racing on N64, that's another timeless masterpiece, basically to answer your question , I wish I could go back and relive the entire N64 era all over again, Rayman 2, Gex, Glover, Turok, Goldeneye, Bomberman, Goemans Adventure, Yoshi's Story, Mario Party 3, I remember all the all star games and stand outs from this system, even the obscure stuff like Tonic Trouble was great, nothing will ever beat this era of gaming for me.

• 3 weeks later...