Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you got on an airplane yet?

Allen

79 users have voted

1. 1. Did you went on an airplane before (your first flight from the past)?

• Yes, I've went.
    • Nope, I didn't went.
  2. 2. What type of airplane manufacturer do you like?

• Boeing
    • Airbus
    • Bombardier
    • DeHavilland
    • Embraer
    • Cessna
    • Beechcraft

I do went on an airplane when my family do plan for it on every year I'd like to visit. Of course I'd like to visit the airport, on-board the plane and listen to the engine sounds.

The first I went was 2005 to Chicago, IL to visit my cousins there. The 2nd was in the end of 2007 until 2008 was the Walt Disney World Resort trip in Orlando, FL. In 2009 during summer, I went to Vietnam to visit my new cousins who speak Vietnamese, then again in 2013.

Not to be confused on this thread, did you went on a plane before? Ask me something here about your flight from the past or the future.  :)

• Brohoof 3

First time I was ever on an airplane was July 8, 2005, Dhaka (Bangladesh) to Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), Boeing 747-300, Saudi Arabian Airlines. Pity they retired those types, but the Boeing 777-200ERs they have are as equal as the 300s, for me.

I can't remember anything from that flight. It was almost 10 years ago.

• Brohoof 3

First time I travelled by plane was when I was 12.

I only really travelled to Tasmania (A little island at the bottom of Australia) so it wasn't something that fancy. Later though, I've gone across the sea over to some pretty interesting places! Heck if I'd even be able to recall the model of plane though. :confused:

• Brohoof 1

I didn't vote because the airplane manufacturer I use wasn't up there (I use JetBlue airlines). I've been on a plane more than once in my life to go on vacation and see family (I think my first time on a plane was when I was 3 or 4 years old).

(edited)

I've been on a whole bunch since 2000. I remember every single N-number except for a few, which I have posted on another site but cannot link right now due to server trouble. Every manufacturer I voted is one I've been on. I took my introductory flying lesson in a Cessna Cutlass.

In chronological order, I've been on the MD-88, MD-82, 757-300, 737-900, 737-800, A320-200, 737-700, ERJ-145, CRJ-900, 737-400, Cessna 172 Cutlass, 737-500, A319-100, 757-200, and the DC-9-50.

I'm going on jetBlue again later this month.

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 2

I have been on a plane many times. Most of those instances were for going somewhere for a vacation; while others for school trips. Honestly, I despise flying. The reason I say this is because I get motion sickness quite easily, my ears pop without ear plugs and it is excruciating, I have anxiety attacks in the small spaces, and I am afraid of planes crashing.

Plenty of times. When I was younger, I'd fly across the country once every half-year to visit family. We'd always be on Boeing 747s. I love flying. Its so very relaxing, even if the seats, food, and people suck.

I've flown on small planes (C172) and big planes (747) :P. You don't have McDonnell Douglas :maud:. The manufacturer of the first plane I flew on isn't on the list either, but that's understandable since few fly on Saabs anyways :P.

Favorite plane is the MD80.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Yup, I've flown on a plane a few times. It's lots of fun; I wish I could fly again soon :), but that won't happen for awhile :/

My favorite manufacturer is Boeing because of this joke: What do you get when you cross a snake and a plane? A Boeing Constrictor! :lol:

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 2

I've never flown in an airplane or helicopter before (And to this day I dream of it!), but I was close to fly in an helicopter when a day, a festival held helicopter sessions for a certain amount of bucks or for free, can't remember, but for some reasons I was not able to get there.

I wish I can fly on an airplane again next year with a Bombardier CRJ-700 first then the two Boeing 777-300ERs to Vietnam in 2016 (which is a leap year that will start on Friday) while I did went was 2009 and 2013.  ;)

You don't have McDonnell Douglas :maud:. The manufacturer of the first plane I flew on isn't on the list either, but that's understandable since few fly on Saabs anyways :P.

McDonnell Douglas was founded in 1967 and then merged with Boeing in 1997, it's also a Boeing's manufacturer too.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't been on one in years, but I used to fly in one to Ireland and back every summer, almost every year. I think I've only ever used EasyJet, which... I believe use Airbuses? :ooh: I'm not very familiar with airplane manufacturers, so I could be wrong, though. x3

(edited)

I wish I can fly on an airplane again next year with a Bombardier CRJ-700 first then the two Boeing 777-300ERs to Vietnam in 2016 (which is a leap year that will start on Friday) while I did went was 2009 and 2013. ;)

McDonnell Douglas was founded in 1967 and then merged with Boeing in 1997, it's also a Boeing's manufacturer too.

Yeah that's what people always say :P. McDonnell and Douglas are the same too (merged), essentially, so it's actually Boeing-McDonnell-Douglas :derp:. Edited by SparkWolf

Not once in my life. I can't vote, there is no option for no favorite manufacturer, as I do not have one. How could I have a favorite if I've never been on one and do not know anything about them?

I did travel on a plane with my family at one point going to either Mexico or Orlando Florida.  I liked it somewhat but the ear popping doesn't help. My brother has a fear of flying and crowds so we went by car for the next Orlando trip.  I hate cars and I hate car rides, especially with bad seats in a 2007 Toyota Prius. A 6' 2'' person (me) trying to lie down in a 4' back seat equals pain.

Makes me want to ride first class so I can have nice seating, but the prices though are way out of may range.  :o

I've only been on a plane once in my life and it was a small seaplane/pontoon plane. It was back in 2002 and I was 14 at the time. It was pretty cool because I saw sea turtles and a shipwreck with mangrove trees growing out of it.

• Brohoof 1

I've flew on a plane a couple of times. My last time I flew though was 3 years ago when I went on a trip to Atlanta, Georgia for the whole summer. I got to say one comment that Atlanta was amazing and I wish I could have stayed there longer or even moved there. 

• Brohoof 2