Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you got on an airplane yet?

Allen

79 users have voted

1. 1. Did you went on an airplane before (your first flight from the past)?

• Yes, I've went.
    • Nope, I didn't went.
  2. 2. What type of airplane manufacturer do you like?

• Boeing
    • Airbus
    • Bombardier
    • DeHavilland
    • Embraer
    • Cessna
    • Beechcraft

(edited)

The only time I get to be on one of those is when I visit my grandparents in St. Paul, Minnesota but next spring I get to visit New York,NY with my school!

I just got the news from my dad and he said that I will be leaving LV on June 10th for The Twin Cities,MN! So exited!

The 1st time was when I was a Toddler or a Baby and people was so surprised when I was just being calm though out the ride!

Edited by MLG4Ever

Ever since my family moved to Ohio when I was five, it's always been more practical for us to get to our relatives (who either live in Connecticut, Massachusetts, or the Baltimore-DC area) by plane.  (Previously we lived in Pennsylvania and drove.)  So I've probably been on a plane on average at least once a year.  Two of those times, though, were international flights-- one to Switzerland and the other to Canada.

All planes are pretty much the same to me, so I just chose the Boeing and Airbus choices, since I know I've actually been on one of those.

Perhaps a better question to ask would have been what airports you like.  I can definitely say Chicago-O'Hare is not one of them-- usually have to taxi on the runway for 30 minutes before they finally take off or stop.  Then again, it's busy (though Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta is even busier (in fact is No. 1 in traffic) and I've never had that problem.)

Curiously enough, plane trips are one of the few times I feel like watching MLP:FiM reruns.  I'm not sure why.

• Brohoof 1

I do went on an airplane when my family do plan for it on every year I'd like to visit. Of course I'd like to visit the airport, on-board the plane and listen to the engine sounds.

The first I went was 2005 to Chicago, IL to visit my cousins there. The 2nd was in the end of 2007 until 2008 was the Walt Disney World Resort trip in Orlando, FL. In 2009 during summer, I went to Vietnam to visit my new cousins who speak Vietnamese, then again in 2013.

Not to be confused on this thread, did you went on a plane before? Ask me something here about your flight from the past or the future.  :)

Any interest in learning to be a pilot?  As I understand, you get to wear cool shades and a comfy scarf.  B)

• Brohoof 1

I think I first got on a plane was when I was two, going to Germany. My family has taken alot of trips to various places around the world. Airplanes are as comfortable to me as road trips.

I was born to fly! I even flew in a glider! Im such an airplane lover, Im studying airplanes and i do simulators.

I like the Boeing airplanes the most! Have you ever heard the sound of a B777 engine? Or the perfect B787 with the genius wingflex!

I stop here because i know most of the people dont know so much about Flaps, Winglets, Flight Instruments, Etc.

Feel free to ask your Airplane questions to me! :bedeyes:

~FlyingSparkle

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

There is one thing I have to ask you, @Allen. How can I track down the N-number of an aircraft that flew in 2008 for an airline that has since merged out of existence? (I remember the date and flight number, though.)

It seems everywhere I go, no one watches their N-numbers.

I also find it strange you have DeHavilland on the list as separate from Bombardier while you consider MDD to be part of Boeing.

Any interest in learning to be a pilot?  As I understand, you get to wear cool shades and a comfy scarf.  B)

That's purely your choice. Commercial pilots gotta wear those suits and I did my first flight in Staten Island Yankees gear. :P

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The first time I've ever been on a plane was the summer of 2003. It was an Aer Lingus (Ireland's main airline) Airbus A321. It was a flight from Cork Airport to Charles De Gualle Airport in Paris. This also just so happens to be my earliest ever memory!

post-18648-0-85324800-1430573625_thumb.jpg

Edited by GrauWitz
  • Brohoof 1

Twice, on a round trip that was 2000 miles each way. I don't remember which airline I flew on, much less what kind of plane it was. I just remember how nervous I was.  ^_^

Finding my way through the airport turned out to be way scarier than the flight itself. I had no one else with me and I was afraid of getting lost and missing the plane. Everything turned out all right, but I haven't flown since then, and now that they have those body scanners I have no plans to do so. (Too great an invasion of privacy for my liking.)

There is one thing I have to ask you, @Allen. How can I track down the N-number of an aircraft that flew in 2008 for an airline that has since merged out of existence? (I remember the date and flight number, though.)

It seems everywhere I go, no one watches their N-numbers.

If you want to, Go to Flightradar24, Insert the flight number and date, Then the plane should appear. If not, Go to Planespotters.net and if you put some information in the search tab it might find the plane for you! Or give me the numbers and i'll look it up for you :D.

~FlyingSparkle

If you want to, Go to Flightradar24, Insert the flight number and date, Then the plane should appear. If not, Go to Planespotters.net and if you put some information in the search tab it might find the plane for you! Or give me the numbers and i'll look it up for you :D.

~FlyingSparkle

I've tried it, almost every database no longer tracks Continental flight numbers. I'm looking for a flight from 2008.

First flight for me was when i was 6 years old, going from west coast San Diego, to arctic coast Barrow, Alaska. 

Most recent flight was from Baltimore to Milwaukee, returning from my adventures at last year's Bronycon. 

• Brohoof 1

I've tried it, almost every database no longer tracks Continental flight numbers. I'm looking for a flight from 2008.

Continental airlines merged in to United Airlines. What plane was it? Cuz most of the Continental planes do still exsist but the Continental name was resprayed into United. If you see a matching plane saying United on it, It might be the one your looking for!

Hope this helped :)

~FlyingSparkle

• Brohoof 2

I been on a lot of planes, around 8 planes in total. Maybe even around 10, I do a lot of traveling with my family. And I'll be heading on 3-5 planes next year!  :muffins:

Continental airlines merged in to United Airlines. What plane was it? Cuz most of the Continental planes do still exsist but the Continental name was resprayed into United. If you see a matching plane saying United on it, It might be the one your looking for!

Hope this helped :)

~FlyingSparkle

It is one of 19 Boeing 757-300s. Likely N75858 or one of a few others. I did find one site that did keep records going back to Continental but I forgot to record the number. Most sites only give limited records on N-numbers without buying a subscription and others no longer keep records on Continental flight numbers (the particular one was 292) since the whole system was changed when the Continental booking, reservation system, and callsign phased out. I'll keep trying when I get a chance. Thanks for your help. :)