Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you got on an airplane yet?

Allen

79 users have voted

1. 1. Did you went on an airplane before (your first flight from the past)?

• Yes, I've went.
    • Nope, I didn't went.
  2. 2. What type of airplane manufacturer do you like?

• Boeing
    • Airbus
    • Bombardier
    • DeHavilland
    • Embraer
    • Cessna
    • Beechcraft

I've probably been on 2 dozen flights or so since I was 8. From short domestic flights to long transatlantic ones. 

If nothing else, you should know airline food is terrible.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on airplanes quite a bit in the past, although before last year, I haven't been on one in over five years. :wau: I really love flying in airplanes, despite the small seats with limited room to move around in and the long wait. :please: There's nothing like listening to the engines and looking at the clouds and ground moving by and watching the blue horizon and the empty sky above the clouds. :D I especially love the takeoff and landing, it's so exciting! :squee:

I think most of my flights that I can remember were always on a Boeing aircraft. To answer that last question, one of my last flights I was in was to Mexico on a Boeing 737-900 and it was the first chance I ever got to see and hear the flaps and spoilers on the wings operate during takeoff and landing. :idea: I kind of prefer seating closer to the front of the plane, though; the engine sounds so much cooler there. :please:

• Brohoof 2

I've been on many flights ever since I was a baby. ^^ I've only ever flown out of the country once, though! :)

Edited by Lady Kiriness

Yep, I've been on a plane a few times. I've flown to Florida a few times and out to Vancouver BC. I'd sooner take a plane than drive, I hate traveling long distances by car. Anything much longer than an hour is too far away for a car trip, I'd rather take a bus or a train. For huge distances, there's no way. It would have to be a plane or train.

I can't remember exactly what specific planes I've been on though, it's been almost a decade since my last flight.

Edited by Celtore

I've flown on many planes. I really can't say which aircraft manufacturer I like best (I voted for Boeing because I think I've flown on more Boeing aircraft), but I can say which airline I like best. I flew with Lufthansa airlines when I flew from California to Europe. Way better than any american airlines I've been on. Also, because it's a German airline, they will serve you beer and wine if you are over 16. That was nice.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes I've been on too many plane rides to count, my dad traveled a lot for his old job so he used to take the rest of my family with him to a lot of cities all over the country. Probably the longest plane ride I've ever been on though was one from Chicago to Hawaii. It was a non-stop direct flight, and while it was nice to just get there and be done with the traveling, it was an extremely long flight, in fact we didn't even get a window seat, we got stuck in the middle aisle of the plane for the whole flight :scoots:

I haven't been on an airplane yet. I'm terrified of flying. I might be able to ride a helicopter as long as it hovered like 20ft above the ground. lol

• Brohoof 2

I'm terrified of flying. I just don't really know what to expect, and I've heard a lot of horror stories about how badly autistic people get treated. It's really hard to explain. My parents don't seem to understand my fears...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on 43 flights in my life. I really love traveling by plane except when I can't get a window seat. One time, in 2011, we had to make an emergency landing which was very annoying because it added an extra 8 hours to the flight:scoots:

• Brohoof 2

I ve been on a few flights, the thing is the longer the plane ride the higher the chance of mental freak out you are going to get. But usually it's very calm experience almost feels like you're in some giant room. You usually see a lot of clouds so there is not much to see 

I've been on several aircraft many times already. The biggest one I've flown on was a 747-400 Jet that was owned by Northwest Airlines. The smallest one was an ATR-42 Turboprop operated by Cape Air on behalf of United Express.

Edited by Flow