Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Arylett Charnoa

Nah, it's better than those. At least this one is fun and can help people see where they shine. :P

But hey, that's your opinion. :)

Yeah I suppose I can see the fun in it, especially with the Johari and getting really good positive feedback.  :)

I don't know. I guess I'm kinda hesitant because if I were to get one like right now, I'd feel like I'm following everyone else on here. The idea sounds nice but the fact that it's a currently a trend that the whole forum seems to be following is a little off-putting for me.   :(

And what's with the Nohari? Do people now want to be criticized for their personality and for who they are as an individual? I just don't get it. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

And what's with the Nohari? Do people now want to be criticized for their personality and for who they are as an individual? I just don't get it.

I think Nohari is just to point out some weaknesses a person has and can improve on. I can understand why you would think that though. :) 

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I suppose I can see the fun in it, especially with the Johari and getting really good positive feedback.  :)

I don't know. I guess I'm kinda hesitant because if I were to get one like right now, I'd feel like I'm following everyone else on here. The idea sounds nice but the fact that it's a currently a trend that the whole forum seems to be following is a little off-putting for me.   :(

And what's with the Nohari? Do people now want to be criticized for their personality and for who they are as an individual? I just don't get it. ^_^

Don't do it as a trend, then. Don't even think of that; think about whether you want to do it or not.

If you want to, then do it. If you don't, then don't :D

Whether or not others do or don't should have no bearing on what you enjoy whatsoever :D

• Brohoof 4

Don't do it as a trend, then. Don't even think of that; think about whether you want to do it or not.   If you want to, then do it. If you don't, then don't   Whether or not others do or don't should have no bearing on what you enjoy whatsoever

I understand your point. But still, I've always had this mentality that makes me... not hate... that's not the word... um.. a little annoyed with popular trends and how some people seem to want to join in on the trend just for the sake of wanting to fit in. If that makes sense?

This is exactly why the "revolutions" and events here annoy me sometimes. lol :P

It's just confusing sometimes. But yeah, I'm getting a little off topic now so I'll stop right there.

I may just make a Johari window for the heck of it someday though. :) As for the Nohari, I just don't see a point. I'm sure most if not all people already know their weaknesses and areas they struggle with.... but never mind. This is just my own personal opinion and I am just rambling now. :P

I'm sorry if I offended anyone here. :(

You guys ever heard of the Johari Window? It's easy! Set up one and let other people pick the 5 (or 6) words that best describe you!

I'll start. Here's mine:

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Sterling%20Crimson

That looks like an interesting concept. I answered yours as honestly as I could. Maybe I'll create one of my own someday. 

Having said that, your topic was already covered in an older thread, so I've merged yours with that one. Thanks for understanding! 

That looks like an interesting concept. I answered yours as honestly as I could. Maybe I'll create one of my own someday. 

Having said that, your topic was already covered in an older thread, so I've merged yours with that one. Thanks for understanding! 

No problem! I was surprised it got merged at all considering the fact this thread goes all the way back to 2012 :P. And thanks :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, I guess this lives again through the power of merging. I will now go edit my first post with you newbuckets who have posted recently.

(Also, in case you're wondering why I don't have a list of Nohari in the first post - I have a strong feeling that this isn't really a good idea to just have a list of a specific place where you can criticize a member. It's better to encourage positive feedback, especially since Nohari can cause a lot of hurt feelings. I'd rather not post mine for precisely that reason. I already criticize myself enough - don't need it from other people.)

Feel free to do mine if you want to and have not yet, that being said. It's in the first post.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough

This is an interesting thing I found about a year ago, that I just rediscovered and thought I would share with you guys. It is called Johari, a website where you can pick five or six words that positively describe you, and it makes a page where other persons can also pick words that describe you and you can see the difference between how you view yourself and how other people view your traits.

List of Forum Members' Johari

A

C

D

K

L

M

N

P

R

S

T

V

W

Z

why didn't you put up mine? :(

I added A Nohari Window too. That could prove pretty useful too

*Edited*

Forget everything I said. Forget all of my criticism. It's just a stupid internet poll. I shouldn't have overreacted. Stress can really make you go crazy sometimes, I swear. :P

After much pondering, I decided to make my own Johari window for the heck of it. :P

So here it is: http://kevan.org/johari?name=dsanders  :)

Edited by Dsanders

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I just edited the list out of my first post. Loads of people have one nowadays and I can't be bothered to maintain it whenever this thread gets updated.

So I'll re-post mine as it was in the first post, and nobody's going to look at that like about three years in the future of now. Here's my Johari. Not posting a Nohari. I already have enough self-criticism for the entire world.