When Is Breakfast To You?

Denim&Venöm

When is breakfast to you?  

78 users have voted

1. 1. When is breakfast to you?

• Only in the morning
    • First meal you eat when you wake up

First thing I eat is breakfast.

Usually on days I have school on, I wake up at 7:15 AM and take a lil' cereal, and I'm done with breakfast (school lunch at 11.30.. 10.45 on fridays).

But on days I have free, or summer, or whatever... Yeah, first thing I eat counts as breakfast. Because by the time I usually wake up, oh man I'd be eating lunch by that time.

I always eat breakfast in the morning! Most important meal of the day for me! During the week I wake up at 4 in the morning with eggs, bacon, and sausage with a cup of coffee. On my weekends, whatever I feel like eating and a coffee mixed with Omaras Irish Cream and Bushmills Irish Whiskey!

You're not eating for whole time you're sleeping so whatever meal you first eat is breaking that fast.  Hence breakfast, whenever is it, just by the construction of the word.

Being a nightowl that often wakes up in the evening (and other times as well, since I'm weird <.<), I'm used to just calling the first thing I eat after waking up 'breakfast'. x3 I prefer the idea of breakfast being the meal that 'breaks the fast'; saying that a midnight snack or dinner was my first meal of the day doesn't make much sense to me (unless you skipped every meal before that while awake  :P).

Definitely when I wake up Breakfast is calling my name. Bacon, coffee & more bacon and some pancakes.

Thanks a lot Airbourne, now I'm craving bacon! :derp:

When I was a kid the rule was always pre-10:00 it's breakfast, after that it's lunch. I've stuck to that rule ever since my tween years, unless I'll be doing something exhausting between 10:00 and 1:00, at which point I'd probably eat both.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

For me, breakfast is the life preserver I cling to after a long night of undereating. If I skipped breakfast, I'd probably starve  :(

Or if you want the etymological killjoy answer, it's break+fast... A pretty lazy compound if I do say so myself.

Breakfast is when my kids get up & ask for chips - I tell them "Cereal first!", then have to supervise while they argue over milk, bowls, spoons & the cereal itself.  After admonishing them about a thousand times to stay at the table to finish eating before it goes soggy (which it always does), I have to tell them about 3-8 times to wash their bowls & spoons.  Then, they go running off to wreak havoc on the day.

Breakfast.  *bows*

• Brohoof 1

Breakfast Is whenever I eat after I drink my coffee, sometimes as late as noon; coffee fills you up.

The term itself is interchangeable with any meal. What you should be eating depends on when you wake up. Meals are supposed to be about nutritional value and breakfast (or the first meal of your day, whenever that comes to be) is the one you eat to give you energy for the rest of the day. What time of day it is when you eat it is completely irrelevant. Your body's personal clock determines how effective it is.

• 3 years later...