Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When Is Breakfast To You?

Denim&Venöm

When is breakfast to you?  

78 users have voted

1. 1. When is breakfast to you?

• Only in the morning
    • First meal you eat when you wake up

To me, breakfast is a meal I eat before the afternoon arrives. One exception includes when I wait outside to eat breakfast and then it turns noon when I get seated. But for the most part, when it turns noon, it's lunchtime.

(edited)

To me, breakfast is the first meal you eat when you wake up. The meals of the day, to me, are decided by your course through the day, not what time you eat. Case in point, if you woke up around 9 PM and had a meal, then had a meal at around 1 AM and then again at 7 AM, what would you even call that 1 AM meal? To me, it would be lunch because it's a meal you had after being awake for a number of hours that you'd had after your first meal, but not close to your bed time. But if it's determined by what time you eat, your first meal would be considered dinner, your last meal would be breakfast and your middle meal wouldn't be called anything. That doesn't make sense to me. It's based on when you get up. I sometimes get up around 10, but sometimes around 2, depending on my work schedule. I always have toast, yogurt and fruit around a half hour after I get up. The timing with when I wake up is the same. Thus what I'm craving and how I process it is the same. The food itself is the same. So why should the name change? That's my breakfast.

I also think the number of hours you've been up counts as well. If you get up at 8 AM and don't eat until 2, that 2:00 meal is what I'd consider lunch. You skipped breakfast and went to lunch. Here's where it gets a bit vague, so you could call it either if your first meal is around 10 or 11 ish. I think it depends on what you eat and under what circumstances. So it's a little up in the air for these types of situations. But for the most part, I feel like it's related to your sleep schedule.

Edited by Clover Heart

I would say that breakfast is in the morning. When labelling my meals, I prefer to label them by time of day rather than meal order, because I rarely eat 3 meals a day.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely when I wake up Breakfast is calling my name. Bacon, coffee & more bacon and some pancakes.

• Brohoof 1

Whenever I wake up. It could be 3 in the afternoon and I would still refer to it as breakfast.

I usually wake up at 6 everyday so sleeping in till after noon rarely happens.

It's the morning meal. I categorize meals by breakfast, lunch and dinner. For example, pancakes is considered to me a morning meal. A kielbasa sandwich is considered an afternoon meal. Finally, a steak served with potatoes is an evening meal. Breakfast, lunch, dinner.

If I wake up at 3:00, ill be having lunch. It's too late for the morning meal and thus I must have an afternoon one. I suppose if you wanted to do some stupid wordplay, technically the first meal you eat is breakfast, but lets not be silly. How many heads would you turn if you said you had pasta for breakfast? It's not really conventional thought to think of breakfast as anytime other than those anytime breakfast restaurants.

Whenever I wake up. If it's past 12 o'clock, then I would consider it lunch rather than breakfast.

But to be honest, I don't eat breakfast even during the morning, when I really should. The reasons are I either don't have much time to eat food, or that I don't have enough in terms of what there is to choose from.

Breakfast is in the morning - if you get up late, you're having brunch. If it's any later than that - either you're a fool or working a late shift.

On the weekends, my dinner is my breakfast, lol.  :P

It's usually around when I wake up but sometime before 10:30 preferably.  It's either pancakes and syrup, a Del Taco 89¢ breakfast burrito with jack cheese with a side of guacamole or whatever my parents feel like doing. I'm at my best when I had my eggs (or just breakfast) in the morning.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

uuhh tough desicion.

I guess I think it's the first meal you eat when you wake up... kind of. Something simple like toast and juice. I mean sometimes I wake up at like 2pm and that'd still be breakfast for me. However, sometimes when I wake up I eat dinner or something directly which in this case would be the first meal of the day but still not be considered breakfast because of what I eat.