Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dude Or Bro?

Denim&Venöm

Dude or Bro?  

80 users have voted

1. 1. Dude or Bro?

• Dude
    • Bro

Whenever you're addressing someone casually, do you call them dude ("Hey dude." "Dude!" "Not cool dude." "Dude you alright?" "Dude..") or do you call them bro ("Hey bro." "Yo bro!" "Bro that's not cool." You alright bro?" "Bro...") ?

• Brohoof 2

If you know me you will be referred to as dude and will eventually be able to distinguish how I say dude when calling you from when I say dude when calling other people.

Probably "dude" more often due to bro kinda being weird as a direct form of address to girls. I pretty much alternate between informal means of address, though ("Hey peeps" "sup bros" "dude what").

(edited)

I say bro especially when I'm on this website. I never liked dude. Bad experience with my neighbour when I was young. Even the history of dude, I don't like much. Pic below shows - King of the Dudes. See Wikipedia.

Berry-wall-king-dudes.jpg

Edited by KeithDJohnson

I usually swap between calling everyone I know either dude or bro. I don't really care, tbh.  :P

I usually say dude, but sometimes I'll say bro. Regardless of gender unless someone feels uncomfortable with me calling them that. (:

I don't say either, actually. I actually do say 'dude' sometimes, but not in the context of a person. Like when I see something frustrating I might say "Dude..." lol.

(edited)

I only use "dude" in third person, "some dude".

When speaking norwegian I say man/mon or brother (Not shortened as it sounds very non-personal).

Both bro and dude sound kind of negative, especially dude. When people say dude I cannot really tell if they mean WHAT IS UP MAN? or Eww... dude?

Edited by A CrayZ Cat