Dude Or Bro?

Denim&Venöm

Dude or Bro?  

80 users have voted

1. 1. Dude or Bro?

• Dude
    • Bro

(edited)

Weirdly enough I'm on the side of dude, username not included. Unless you specifically say you don't want me to call you dude I will. Same with man.

Perhaps this will be helpful?

11351414_654326091385258_506581115483540

Edited by Brosparkles

Well, both seem to be mostly american slang terms - in Ireland we'd use "boy", "girl", "lad", "lass" or "bud".

And normally we use "well" as a greeting - so typical things are "Well girl, how's it going?" or "Jaysus lad, that's a mad story"

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Being Australian, I instead refer to the greeting, "Oi [expletive rhyming with the word used to describe what cavemen do for food]". It just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Edited by Unikitty

(edited)

I like "dude", as a gender-neutral term it just flows for some reason - hey dude!! I occasionally use "bro" too, just to mean "friend" but I use both more online than in RL :P

Edited by Coco before Pommel

(edited)

Usually dude. I don't think I've ever said bro outside the "you mad bro" meme.

My favorite is man. "Really, man? What the hell are you doing, man?"

Edited by Admiral Regulus

• 5 months later...

I don't use "dude" that often when addressing a peer, and I will most commonly say "bro" when I'm being silly. I would never use these terms with my superiors or parents, even if they said they were ok with it.

Edited by Quartz Aegis

I say both along with guys, I don't call people a specific thing. If they are Asexual I call them by their first name or what they prefer to be called.

Edited by PROJECT: Echo

I have mostly girl friends, so it wouldn't really make sense to call them bros. So I just call them dude. Now that I think about it, I call pretty much everyone dude.