Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Name your next music album that you plan to purchase.

KeithDJohnson

(edited)

Okay so the goal of this thread is to share and discover good albums. That is albums where the majority of the songs are just as good as the top hit. For me, there is always that next album I'm wanting. What about you?

Rules:

• Method of purchase? Be it by compact disc, vinyl, mp3, etc. Not free.
  • Must be an entire album that you plan to buy next.
  • Artist? Album? Genre? Favourite song?
  • Post a link to Youtube, Amazon, or the like, so we can listen to it, if any.
  • Optional – Tell a short story about this album or artist. This could be about anything. This is your chance to mention other albums you bought from the same artist.
  • Lets say you already own every album you ever wanted from a particular band. I don't see why not, so go ahead and share.

Supertones, Supertones Strike Back, #8 Unite.

Christian Rock, Rap/Hip-Hop, Jazz, trumpets.

I  always prefer compact-disc.

Supertones is the artist that best describes my childhood. My Dad played the Supertones all the time super loud and super clear on his sweet JBL speaker setup. This is the Artist that I remember best from my childhood. It's about time I buy a new disc from them since we only had one Supertones album. Can any pony name this other Supertones album? Hint given in this paragraph. Fun, a riddle.

:yay::smug:

Edited by KeithDJohnson
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

There's quite a few albums I'm planning on buying, but the one I'm looking forward to getting the most is an album called 'Blood' by a band called OSI. It's sort-of progressive metal, but there's a good amount of electronics in it, which I personally think make the album have a good variety of songs. There's some songs that are more metal focused, while others are sort of ambient-ish in a way.

Here's a couple of songs from it: 

Edit: I forgot to mention, I'll be trying to get the album on CD.

Edited by DragonFlame
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

the 15th album by Power metal legends Helloween, out June 2nd in North America.

Hopefully we'll get a U.S. tour afterwards. They've got some awesome labelmates, so it should be pretty easy to come up with a great line up. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

Here's all of the upcoming albums that I plan to "Purchase" ;)

• Helloween - My God-Given Right (May 29th, 2015)
  • A.R.G. - Redemption From Refaim (May 29th, 2015)
  • Supuration - Reveries... (May 29th, 2015)
  • Nuclear Assault - Pounder (E.P.) (June 1st, 2015)
  • Brohoof 1

Not too many albums I'm interested in out any time soon, but i'll be sure to get the new Of Monsters and Men album. I'm usually a rock kind of person, but this band is amazing 

Yes... I know the video makes no sense xD 

• 11 months later...

I will get Terminal Redux by Vektor.

The band's third and first studio effort in 4-5 years (2011 being the last) is one of my ultimate contender for album of the year.

And in only three weeks I'll get my hands on this masterpiece, can't wait!

Here's three songs from this upcoming album, just listen to this wonderful sci-fi thrash beauty:

Charging The Void:

Ultimate Artificier:

Pillars Of Sand:

Really want to purchase Jomsviking from Amon Amarth or the new Starset album when it comes out.  Starset is my absolute favorite band, and I can't wait to get it, and, from what I've heard off Jomsviking, it's a badass album.

Edited by Ink Well
  • Brohoof 1

Technical Ecstasy by Black Sabbath. Planning to buy it on eBay.

Here's a playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAb2lmNIYk_7PnCpL4JnRy4IDZwdjGvx3

Don't know what genre specifically, but a lot of times they're considered the "godfathers of heavy metal", so...

Favorite song is hard to choose, but I'll say All Moving Parts.

Edited by Eazyfries

I've been considering rebuying Disturbed's older albums. I had them on CD but I no longer use CDs and I lost the discs years ago. Need them for my MP3 Player to match with the Immortalized album.

As for new stuff, I might do some Kiuas or Dream Evil but I dunno what albums. I'll probably pick at random.

As soon as Flogging Molly gets around to releasing their new album. They've already been in the studio recording it and have been hinting at releasing it for a few years now. They recently released a single, which I think means the album can't be too far away. Their last album was in 2011. Hurry up guys!

Led Zeppelin, Physical Graffiti.

Genre?  Led Zep is very hard to pin down to just one, two, or even three genres.  They're technically "classic rock," but they've done everything from their distinct style of rock to blues to folk to reggae to middle-eastern inspired tunes.

I'd actually like to buy a physical copy of Physical Graffiti; seems fitting. x3  Compact disc.  I'm not sure about my favorite song on the album (it's between, like, four songs), but Babe's favorite has gotta be "Trampled Under Foot."

Led Zeppelin was the first "rock" band I really got into, and they're still my favorite band.  A friend borrowed me the album "Led Zeppelin IV" (technically untitled and sometimes referred to as "ZoSo"), and that was enough to make me wanna buy their first four albums as soon as possible.  Even if you aren't all that familiar with Led Zep, you've probably heard their "Stairway to Heaven."  You've probably heard it because it's one of the most requested rock songs on radio.

I'll just put up "Kashmir," since you really aren't allowed to say you're into Led Zep if you somehow haven't heard it.

• Brohoof 2

Probably get the new Death Angel album on CD. Always good to have a physical back up. Looks like they're coming into their stride and becoming one of the best thrash bands on the planet. 

Cry baby by Melenie Martinez. I always buy albums on cd because I have a CD player :P. My favourite song from that album is probably alphabet boy. It sounds catchy. This is the first album i would be getting from Melenie Martinez because that's her first and only album that has been released as of now

• Brohoof 2

So albums I plan on buying physic copies of:

Melanie Martinez's Cry Baby

Christine & The Queens' Chaleur Humaine

Grimes' Art Angels

and Elliphant's Living Life Golden

they're all released but I can't buy physical copies of em where I am sadly

Now on to albums which will get released.

There's actually one album I'm really thrilled for, and it's the Charli XCX third album. Since she's been working with SOPHIE and went from mainstream pop to some PC Music I'm really excited to see what she'll do on a full length album, since the EP she released as a teaser of that album was in my opinion really good, I'm just waiting for it to be released 

• Brohoof 1

I collect vinyl mostly when it comes to owning formats of music, but I hoard CDs and cassette tapes too (I love finding people's old mixtapes in thrift stores). My 8-track collection is growing as well. I'm an impulse buyer so I will buy whatever I want, but lately I've been thinking about sticking to anything released between 1977-1983.

My dad found a copy of Remain in Light for me but I don't have it in my hands yet, but when I do I'm gonna play it to death! (So, it's been bought, but I don't have it yet so it counts)

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to find an original copy of Loveless by My Bloody Valentine, but I'd settle for a reissue if I had to...which I might have to do.

Then, I'd also love to find a copy of Slint's last release, the untitled EP, since I have LPs of their first two records that are awesome.

Just one more, because I have a lot. I'd like to find a 12" copy of Boards of Canada's In a Beautiful Place Out In The Country EP.

I'm going to Germany toward the end of this month for a few weeks and I would REALLY relish going to some stores over there and buying some Krautrock records or stuff you just can't find in the US very often. So excite!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This baby* comes out on Friday and I'm planning on downloading it so I can taste the virtuosity and technicality of this great band once again.

*Great Is Our Sin by Revocation

Four songs from this upcoming jewel:

Communion:

Monolithic Ignorance:

Crumbling Imperium:

Profanum Vulgus: