Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Return of the Smooze

Cwanky

So there has been a bit of talk about reviving older concepts and characters from older generations. Tirek was the most recent and notable example of that, but the latest upcoming episode Make New Friends But Keep Discord reportedly has the revival of an old friend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CnOysetlQw

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Make_New_Friends_But_Keep_Discord

Yes that Smooze, but probably not as a destructive villain. Discord apparently feels insecure and rejected by Fluttershy so the Smooze will come by as his new friend to keep him company at the Grand Galloping Gala.

I have never actually seen the Smooze myself, outside of pics and commercials, but it'll be fun to see the gooey creature make a reappearance.

Remember, ALL HAIL THE SMOOZE.

• Brohoof 2

@@Cwanky

Just letting you know I edited your topic to include the spoiler prefix. Some people may not be aware of Smooze's supposed return. :)

the smooze is not a villian in this episode it does not look like. i think fluttershy takes him to the gala instead of discord and it makes discord jelly and he goes out of his way to act like he isn't.

the smooze had better not be the villian because the only thing that can stop it is the utter flutter that the the flutter ponies use and i an't seen no flutter ponies in G4

Really looking forward to the Smooze's portrayal. The premise of him at the Gala has hilarious potential.

Kinda disappointing that it seems to be a plot device for a kind of unimaginative jealousy plot though.

They completely ruined him...

This was him at first:
http://bogleech.com/scrapbook/muck-smooze.jpg

But now he just looks like this:
https://derpicdn.net/img/2015/3/30/860705/large.png

They ruined him...How could they make Tirek so badass but yet ruin The Smooze? Jeez louse if I wanted just a generic green slime from an RPG game I would've just put one in there...I mean he looked like a freaking Muk on sterioids at first...And he was so powerful that not even the Rainbow of Light could defeat him...

Imagine if they had done him right and the Elements of Harmony were used against him and failed for the first time. That would've been awesome.

• Brohoof 1

They completely ruined him...

This was him at first:

http://bogleech.com/scrapbook/muck-smooze.jpg

But now he just looks like this:

https://derpicdn.net/img/2015/3/30/860705/large.png

They ruined him...How could they make Tirek so badass but yet ruin The Smooze? Jeez louse if I wanted just a generic green slime from an RPG game I would've just put one in there...I mean he looked like a freaking Muk on sterioids at first...And he was so powerful that not even the Rainbow of Light could defeat him...

Imagine if they had done him right and the Elements of Harmony were used against him and failed for the first time. That would've been awesome.

Except that he looks like he won't be a villain. If they made him a villain, then I think they probably would make him like in G1.

Except that he looks like he won't be a villain. If they made him a villain, then I think they probably would make him like in G1.

I know. And that really sucks...

I know. And that really sucks...

I can understand how you feel. It would have been cool to have him a villain, but oh well. 

Nooo, what a waste if that green lump is really all it's going to be :( I had constructed this awesome image in my head of Smooze being the finale villain, with Starlight Glimmer summoning it to wash away the sins of the world after peacefully spreading her message of equality didn't work :P Haven't the writers heard of Friendship is Witchcraft? The Smooze has to be apocalyptic. And the more cheerful, the better :lol: That G1 song is a masterpiece. I love it when villains are happy and carefree while destroying everything, rather than staying angry/serious all the time.

Really, I would have loved to see almost an exact repeat of the G1 Smooze, just with the G4 characters. And the castle tree taking the place of the Rainbow of Light as the failed super-weapon. But perhaps a less guilt-based way of talking the Flutterponies into helping.

• Brohoof 1

Haven't the writers heard of Friendship is Witchcraft? 

Sorry bro, writers aren't allowed to peep at fan stuff 

I'm excited to see this episode!

Too mad we have to wait two weeks for it, since no pony next weekend  :(

First thing, I saw the Smooze appeared in the My Little Pony 1986 film.

By next Saturday at May 16th (May 9th episode delayed by the way), I'm going to see this how come the Smooze may appear in this episode at the Grand Galloping Gala? My excitement was the magic to help!

I for one am excited for the return of the smooze. Now even though it was stated that this will be one of the more "fun" episodes I do still hope there is some danger to the smooze, or he threatens equestria, or the mane 6 in a small way, at the very least.  

the animatic did show promise when the smooze did uh... something like he exploded or something and the ponies we running all over the place in a panic... I think one may have gotten his hoof stuck in goo, I don't know I'm going off memory here cause I'm too lazy to look it up right now

but yeah I'am pretty excited for this one now... *narrows eyes* now lets hope Natasha Levenger (the writer of this smooze episode) doesn't fuck it up 

she wrote Pinkie Apple Pie and that was a decent episode, with apples to the core being my second most favorite song from season 4 

but she also wrote It Ain't Easy Being Breezies witch was one of the worst episodes of Season 4 

so It's a 50/50 shot here

• Brohoof 1

This is the episode I've been looking forward to the most for multiple reasons, the smooze being just one! I remember the original smooze fondly from my childhood (gotta love that catchy song) and I can't wait to see what they do with the character. I admit I like the old model more too but I won't judge this new smooze until I've seen the episode for myself. Maybe this version isn't Muk on steroids but it sure reminds me of GAK. XD

the animatic did show promise when the smooze did uh... something like he exploded or something and the ponies we running all over the place in a panic... I think one may have gotten his hoof stuck in goo, I don't know I'm going off memory here cause I'm too lazy to look it up right now

You are correct:

smooze2.png

smooze1.png

Actually that scene makes me wonder if the Smooze is really such a good guy afterall...or maybe he's just not used to social situations and had a meltdown (literally)? XD I guess it could go either way but it'd be fun to see him as a villain.

• Brohoof 1

This is the episode I've been looking forward to the most for multiple reasons, the smooze being just one! I remember the original smooze fondly from my childhood (gotta love that catchy song) and I can't wait to see what they do with the character. I admit I like the old model more too but I won't judge this new smooze until I've seen the episode for myself. Maybe this version isn't Muk on steroids but it sure reminds me of GAK. XD

You are correct:

img-3726901-1-smooze2.png

img-3726901-2-smooze1.png

Actually that scene makes me wonder if the Smooze is really such a good guy afterall...or maybe he's just not used to social situations and had a meltdown (literally)? XD I guess it could go either way but it'd be fun to see him as a villain.

I think is of the oblivious troublemakers type, I doubt he'll actually pose a threat