Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Late night stragglers?

Sugoi Kurloz

Or any one in the wake of a sun? Its been a horrendously long night. Leta share spooky stories!

Yes, no? Meh.

They have such a daunting effect on human beings that its alluring. Simply fascinating. I have none to share but id love to hear!

Hopefully make some friends?

Yeah.... I'm still up. Finals have that unfortunate impact on my sleep schedule

Finals huh? They took that and midterms out our school system so im forcibly working towards an ambiguous grade that qi be lower than anything imaginable

Finals huh? They took that and midterms out our school system so im forcibly working towards an ambiguous grade that qi be lower than anything imaginable

How the heck do they grade people? I mean, I don't know if grades are the best way to evaluate, but in non-subjective courses like Chemistry or Calculus, I can't think of a different way to grade.

• Brohoof 1

How the heck do they grade people? I mean, I don't know if grades are the best way to evaluate, but in non-subjective courses like Chemistry or Calculus, I can't think of a different way to grade.

It racks my brain endlessly.. Its shoved out a majority that relies on those tests too. Isnt it sad to suffer for the sake of better education? What have we learned? Suck up to the teacher.
  • Brohoof 1

Meh. I'm up late a lot. Though I'll sometimes log off here, even though I stay up longer. I guess it's the lack of activity during the late night hours. Well just not as much to do I guess. I'm not really in a school nor do I have a job(yet), but I do like be active and talk to people online.

• Brohoof 1

It racks my brain endlessly.. Its shoved out a majority that relies on those tests too. Isnt it sad to suffer for the sake of better education? What have we learned? Suck up to the teacher.

So basically, suck up to your teacher and you get an A? Given that I have a final term paper and a Constitutional Government final tomorrow, I might prefer that actually right now  :lol:  But, considering everyone at my school by definition is a very good brown-noser, schmoozing the teacher might be easier said than done

So basically, suck up to your teacher and you get an A? Given that I have a final term paper and a Constitutional Government final tomorrow, I might prefer that actually right now :lol: But, considering everyone at my school by definition is a very good brown-noser, schmoozing the teacher might be easier said than done

If I might pry what grade are you in? :o

DO ALL THE BROWN-NOSING. But it would be better effort to accomplish such goals lavishly.

Like Pupa Pan and Vriska.

If I might pry what grade are you in? :o

DO ALL THE BROWN-NOSING. But it would be better effort to accomplish such goals lavishly.

Like Pupa Pan and Vriska.

I'm a Plebe (Freshman) in college at the US Naval Academy. And its pretty sad your education is reduced to brown-nosing instead of substance and content. That must be frustrating.

I'm a Plebe (Freshman) in college at the US Naval Academy. And its pretty sad your education is reduced to brown-nosing instead of substance and content. That must be frustrating.

Very.. My high school learning has been diminished to emotionless staring contests with a teacher who lacks thick pudding.

Her pudding is watery and lacks proper nutrients.

US naval academy? Whats that like o_o

Very.. My high school learning has been diminished to emotionless staring contests with a teacher who lacks thick pudding.

Her pudding is watery and lacks proper nutrients.

US naval academy? Whats that like o_o

Well, its really, really strict. We all dress the same, keep ourselves to the same grooming standards, and so on. Its very tough academically, and there's a lot of extra military stuff on top of classes. It also can feel like prison at times (you all wear uniforms, there are walls and armed guards, you can't leave except for certain times)  But its very rewarding and a unique opportunity, as well as an excellent education.

And Now I'm hungry for pudding.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I usually stay up late to work on my fics, usually i'm working 2-3 hours on one chapter. Editing out my mistakes takes that long of time as i forget to correct my mistakes during the first writing phase. So far I've corrected two chapters and now i'm on the third one. I'm committed to my writing; but i do take breaks when i need to.

Edited by Candy Star

2:37 AM here. Just another night, really.

Join the midnight crew!

Though it isnt really midnight.. i-i guess astral projecrings fine?

It's almost midnight, and I have no real intention to going to sleep any time soon.

Good say kitty! You are nocturnal anyhow

Well, its really, really strict. We all dress the same, keep ourselves to the same grooming standards, and so on. Its very tough academically, and there's a lot of extra military stuff on top of classes. It also can feel like prison at times (you all wear uniforms, there are walls and armed guards, you can't leave except for certain times) But its very rewarding and a unique opportunity, as well as an excellent education.

I could never do that honestly im a free spirit kinda. And bipolar. And have a need to cause mischief in a strictly positive way. It sounds like a program in my district school called ROTC but it just all that without the prison like part.

(edited)

Well, its really, really strict. We all dress the same, keep ourselves to the same grooming standards, and so on. Its very tough academically, and there's a lot of extra military stuff on top of classes. It also can feel like prison at times (you all wear uniforms, there are walls and armed guards, you can't leave except for certain times)  But its very rewarding and a unique opportunity, as well as an excellent education.

Starting to sound like a Japanese school where the student are all given student uniforms.

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 1

I usually stay up late to work on my fics, usually i'm working 2-3 hours on one chapter. Editing out my mistakes takes that long of time as i forget to correct my mistakes during the first writing phase. So far I've corrected two chapters and now i'm on the third one. I'm committed to my writing; but i do take breaks when i need to.

Aye! Writing is my mistress. It takes a lot to keep it evolving lavishly and flourish upwards
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Aye! Writing is my mistress. It takes a lot to keep it evolving lavishly and flourish upwards

I curse myself for every mistake i make, i see one typo and i lose it. I swear constantly, that's how bad it is; i guess you could call me a perfectionist.

Edited by Candy Star

Join the midnight crew!

Though it isnt really midnight.. i-i guess astral projecrings fine?

Good say kitty! You are nocturnal anyhow

I could never do that honestly im a free spirit kinda. And bipolar. And have a need to cause mischief in a strictly positive way. It sounds like a program in my district school called ROTC but it just all that without the prison like part.

Basically we are ROTC on steroids. We get a full immersion program, they just do military training a few times a week. Its debatable who makes the better officers when we all graduate at the end of four years, but Naval Academy grads tend to rank up faster and reach higher ranks in general. 

Starting to sound like a Japanese school where the student are all given student uniforms.

Well, we do all have uniforms, but probably not like the Japanese school you had in mind!  :lol:

They're as uncomfortable as they look.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Basically we are ROTC on steroids. We get a full immersion program, they just do military training a few times a week. Its debatable who makes the better officers when we all graduate at the end of four years, but Naval Academy grads tend to rank up faster and reach higher ranks in general. 

Well, we do all have uniforms, but probably not like the Japanese school you had in mind!  :lol:

They're as uncomfortable as they look.

I see that, oh how my mind wanders. But it was just an example, i wasn't saying you were in that kind of thing.

Edited by Candy Star

(edited)

What do you mean by that? I'm confused.

I say things without thinking, and it tends to lead to what i just said to you; i guess its a flaw i have to live with.

Edited by Candy Star

I curse myself for every mistake i make, i see one typo and i lose it. I swear constantly, that's how bad it is; i guess you could call me a perfectionist.

it's quite possible to be just dedicated and caring for your work! Nothing wrong with that. Well maybe the cursing but at least you edit.. Ive read a few funny mistakes on some fanfics oh god. XD

I'm usually up until about 5:30-6:00 AM. Since I never know when I have to work over (I work from 4:00 PM-12:30 AM), I pretty much have to burn the midnight oil.

• Brohoof 1

it's quite possible to be just dedicated and caring for your work! Nothing wrong with that. Well maybe the cursing but at least you edit.. Ive read a few funny mistakes on some fanfics oh god. XD

Oh, do tell, i'll get the popcorn!  :lol: