Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Granted (Limited) Superpowers

Sekr Gray

So, random question popped into my head the other day.

What if you could be granted any two superpowers, but they were limited in power?

What would they be, how would they be weakened, and what would you use them for? 

My personal powers would be teleportation and "less need for sleep" power. The teleportation must be to a place I've already been, and can distinctly imagine again, and can only be done twice a day. Less sleep would be simple enough - I only need an hour or two per night, rather than six full hours.

I'd likely use the teleportation to simply visit friends on other continents, stay the day, then tele on home. Less sleep mean more time to work or play, of course, and may indirectly help with the jet lag from teleporting back and forth in the Australia and U.S.

(edited)

Personally, I think I'd side with something more along the lines of matter transformation/alchemy (even if it only works for small amounts every so often it would be an amazing asset), and heightened vitality (less influenced by aging/disease/minor wounds).  ;)

I figure, even in dire situations, I could use these things to survive fairly well, and they would not be that visible. Beyond the cliche of metal into gold, maybe you could transform inedible things into edible food (again, even a little would be a major asset), snow and ice into hydrogen gas, etc. In bad situations I could make sure I have enough to live off of, and in good situations, I would be able to quietly gather what I need/want over time. And all the while, I'd be less likely to fall ill or die/weaken.

Though again, I figure my limitations would be reasonable amounts, and nothing too huge/complex of a change, like say, turn dirt into a metal gun/machine, or turn a statue into solid diamond. Just like, handfuls per day. As for the vitality, I'm assuming just a very notable boost, and maybe 3-8 times the lifespan. No immortality, no resisting mortal wounds, and no immunity to all disease.

Edited by SFyr

Super speed, but burns energy like it realistically should (running 10 kilos, even if it would only take a few seconds, may cause shortness of breath amongst other things). Best counter vitamins + hoarding calories 

shut up body builders, I know how this works!

Second one, invisibility. Requires a lot of concentration and can be broken entirely by being touched

• 1 year later...

#1: Immortality.

But like... Just a repeat button.

Live a life, get old and die. And then just do it again.... So... Reincarnation with carried over memory...

#2: Healing Factor.

But limited in so much as it doesn't really work that fast, just a little faster then normal like 10% faster and no scaring.

And I can still get sick its just that I will recover from everything given enough time. (Cancer would be a real crap shoot, but I would not die)

I'd choose the ability to transform into any living being (anything, even cartoon characters) once a day. By having only one transformation a day, and the inability to change more than that, would actually make it more fun because I'd have to choose carefully and give more thought to every transformation. And if it got me into any sticky situations, I'd have to learn to figure my way clear of them. (Sounds like a fun TV pilot).  :D

The other ability would be flight, because I love the freedom of flight. The same limitations would apply; only one flight per day, so I'd be forced to savor it all the more each time  :twi: (and not get stranded on any mountaintops with no other way down!)  :o_o:  

Edited by Dreambiscuit

transformation, but it would only be limited to animals that you have come into contact with. (isnt that animorphs?) and invisibility, but it's limit is that you only have enough energy to make it last an hour a day.