Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The UK goes to General Election!

Planty

Brony voter opinion poll!  

32 users have voted

1. 1. Pick which party you like the most!

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Plaid cymru
    • SNP
    • Lib Dems
    • Other

Care to reply to the bit where I talked about Labour? The whole monarchy thing was just a chance to get my views out there.

I really would like to hear your rebuttal.

I didn't really bother with that because it was stuff I've heard before, but as far as I'm concerned I don't think labour would have been that stupid (and I don't even like labour that much). And as far as I'm concerned everything Cameron said is a lie, the economy is not getting better, they're using the rich to massage figures and everything is only going to get worse, the whole system needs to go. 

• Brohoof 1

the whole system needs to go.

And so you come to the point that everyone eventually reaches when looking at democracy.

It doesn't work.

And the economy may not be getting better at the moment, but it's far better now than it was 5 years ago.

• Brohoof 1

I'm just glad that the UKIP lost. Multiculturalism and immigration are the greatest things to happen to the UK. Britain needs more educated doctors from India and China. If the UK wants to remain an economically strong country in the future, it must become humble and do business with India and China.

• Brohoof 1

I was dissapointed UKIP didn't win but not surprised 

The world still turns, life gones on and it could be worse so not going to be down about it, we still came 3rd and beat the Lib Dems

Anyway if I'm lucky I might be lucky enough to move to a better country soon anyway like Canada or Australia. 

4 million votes.

1 seat.

There was literally nothing more UKIP could have done. First Past the Post is terrible and I hope the fact that so many UKIP (and green party too) voters were burned by it sparks debate for a change in the system. We can't keep it the way it is and still call ourselves a democratic country.

As for a conservative majority, I'm devastated by it. They've made themselves very clear they intend to push through the snooper's charter and I suspect many more policies designed to spy on the British people, and now they have no Lib Dems to stop them so they can pretty much turn the country into Airstrip One as they please. Although, the alternative would have been a Labour government which literally planned to ban Islamaphobia...

God damn, UKIP really were our only hope. Here's to hope they can continue to build on the support they've already gained.

I do have one question though? Why do you have a monarchy when all the power really lies with Parliament, and the Prime Minister? But I guess the same could be asked of my country. Why do we have a President, when all the power really lies with Congress?

Our president, the U.S. president, doesn't have power, you say?

Dwight-Schrute-False.jpg

I don't blame you though for having that notion; the way Obama goes on, you'd think he doesn't have any power.  No, Obama's just confused about (or, at the worst, not satisfied with) what power he has.  Congress has all legislative power in our country, that is, they have all the power to write and ratify any new federal laws, and that includes new taxes, civil rights legislation, etc. (though not counting something as major as a constitutional amendment, that has to go to the states themselves).  The president has all executive power in our country at the federal level, that is, it is his job to uphold all federal laws and ensure that they are implemented.  That's why he has command of our armed forces, but still can't declare a war on his own.  Now, in practice neither branch is completely the same as it used to be in our country; if anything, due to changes in presidential behavior that really date back to the Progressive Era at the start of the 20th century, the executive branch actually exercises (in many instances, unconstitutionally) far more executive or even legislative power than it should these days.  But my bigger point is that, quite simply, it's disingenuous to say that our president has comparably little power similarly to the queen of the UK.  It's simply not true, and really, the presidency does remain the single most powerful political office in our country, and is probably more powerful than it's ever been before, unfortunately.

Oh, and on topic for this thread, may I just say huzzah for the Conservative Party!  :proud:   They didn't exactly make huge gains, but the Labour Party got clobbered by the SNP; those changes will be very interesting to see how they affect Parliament and the political makeup of the UK.  Clearly the Scottish Nationalist movement has not died, so if the UK hopes for Scotland to remain a part of it, they'll have to grant their government in Edinburgh more autonomy at the least moving forward, most likely.  It'll also be interesting to see how seriously Cameron pursues the idea of leaving the EU, and, if the UK actually did, how that would affect both the UK and the EU.  To any British bronies on here, whether you voted or not, God's blessings to your country now and in the future, I wish you all the best.  :catface:

• Brohoof 1

Multiculturalism for the win, mate!  :yay:

Do you realize how Britain was created? the UK itself is a union of England, Scotland, Wales, and North Ireland. Throughout history, various ethnicities have lived in the British Isles. White Brits typically have Norman/French, Saxon/German, Roman/Italian, or Viking/Danish/Norwegian ancestry. How could nationalism be taken seriously in a country which was built by a variety of groups and influenced by a variety of cultures?

This statue was recently unveiled at Parliament Square:

o-GANDHI-570.jpg
  • Brohoof 1

Do you realize how Britain was created? the UK itself is a union of England, Scotland, Wales, and North Ireland. Throughout history, various ethnicities have lived in the British Isles. White Brits typically have Norman/French, Saxon/German, Roman/Italian, or Viking/Danish/Norwegian ancestry. How could nationalism be taken seriously in a country which was built by a variety of groups and influenced by a variety of cultures?

This statue was recently unveiled at Parliament Square:

o-GANDHI-570.jpg

You completely missed the point, that wasn't him being nationalistic he's complaining about the violent Muslims that are now in this country who are protected under the guise of multiculturalism. 

sig-3742233.behead_those_who_insult_isla

Multiculturalism for the win, mate! :yay:

Yeah, but they aren't a majority. Some muslims are cunts. Some aren't. 

Same with all groups. 

Ofc, better integration is definitely needed, both sides have a responsibility for that.

Obviously completely ignoring the benefits of multiculturalism and immigration. You know, the doctors and the masses of workers that have improved the economy, the fact that we now have decent food etc.

Extremist muslims represent all Muslims in the same way the BNP and the EDL represent all right wing people.

• Brohoof 1

Ofc, better integration is definitely needed, both sides have a responsibility for that.

Tell me this: Why actually should i and my fellow country men adjust to their culturaly needs and behaviours then they to ours?

Who came into whose country?

Seriously, living here is not a right but a privilige that you should be fucking thanksful for it.

doctors and the masses of workers that have improved the economy

What doctors? Most of them are simple workers who can't find any work in their home country and now came here.

(edited)

Tell me this: Why actually should i and my fellow country men adjust to their culturaly needs and behaviours then they to ours?

Who came into whose country?

Seriously, living here is not a right but a privilige that you should be fucking thanksful for it.

What doctors? Most of them are simple workers who can't find any work in their home country and now came here.

>What doctors

Clearly you don't live in England or you'd know >.< 

The NHS is practically relying on doctors from overseas at this point, since we have a shortage of UK doctors. But ofc immigration is evil and has no benefits xD

http://www.theguardian.com/healthcare-network/2014/apr/24/foreign-doctors-vital-nhs

>Why should we help people integrate

Because its mutually beneficial. That's the point of immigration. People come to the country and work. If we don't help people integrate into our society they'll be less able to join in on ours, will be less satisfied socially and are more likely to end up as nutters. 

I wasn't talking about changing our behaviour to match those in other countries anyway. I meant being accommodating, helping them learn the language and get involved in society. As opposed to treating them like monsters and fanatics who want to steal all our jobs >.< 

Edited by Aleh
  • Brohoof 1

Clearly you don't live in England or you'd know >.<

Nope, i'm austrian.

Because its mutually beneficial. That's the point of immigration. People come to the country and work. If we don't help people integrate into our society they'll be less able to join in on ours, will be less satisfied socially and are more likely to end up as nutters.

We have here people who are living over 20 years in austria and still aren't able to speak the language in the slightest despite the many programs we have for them.

Do you also know that they always stick to their own? Common threat of them is that they will get their brothers.

Do you also know that they have no kind respect for our culture? Nothing is more uplifting than being told by a turk to be filthy barbarian for eating pork.

The funny thing that we don't have the same problems with our neighbors (Slavs, Hungarians, italians...). If we really need more immigrants than we definitely should let only whites and some asians in. Don't care if its racist but that how it is.

I wasn't talking about changing our behaviour to match those in other countries anyway. I meant being accommodating, helping them learn the language and get involved in society. As opposed to treating them like monsters and fanatics who want to steal all our jobs >.<

2w2fwg7.jpg

You know, i'm kinda now hoping that labour will win one day and implement all those benefits of multiculturalism. I really wanna see...

That and we would have a place for all those poor, poor immigrants to send to. Obviously UK is a far better place for immigrants then austria. ;)

Nope, i'm austrian.

We have here people who are living over 20 years in austria and still aren't able to speak the language in the slightest despite the many programs we have for them.

Do you also know that they always stick to their own? Common threat of them is that they will get their brothers.

Do you also know that they have no kind respect for our culture? Nothing is more uplifting than being told by a turk to be filthy barbarian for eating pork.

The funny thing that we don't have the same problems with our neighbors (Slavs, Hungarians, italians...). If we really need more immigrants than we definitely should let only whites and some asians in. Don't care if its racist but that how it is.

You know, i'm kinda now hoping that labour will win one day and implement all those benefits of multiculturalism. I really wanna see...

That and we would have a place for all those poor, poor immigrants to send to. Obviously UK is a far better place for immigrants then austria. ;)

psh. So basically you don't live in the UK and your only ideas on it are based on several horrific things that have happened due to police negligence and stupidity. 

So many generalizations as well

"Oh yeah, multiculturalism is bad because none of them work. They're also taking all our jobs. Whilst being criminal pedophiles who hate everyone. Fukin muslmamic rape gangs lol thx immigration"

When "they" refers to a minority within a minority >.<  

Where the majority of people who come here, come here to work.

I'm not even against having some reform on immigration , but the rhetoric of "multiculturalism is evil all they do is destroy our country and culture" is utter bullshit and bordering on harmful. 

Also why'd you bother commenting on the general election anyway? Seems you have barely any idea whats happening in the UK or what state its in >.<  

• Brohoof 1

psh. So basically you don't live in the UK and your only ideas on it are based on several horrific things that have happened due to police negligence and stupidity. 

So many generalizations as well

"Oh yeah, multiculturalism is bad because none of them work. They're also taking all our jobs. Whilst being criminal pedophiles who hate everyone. Fukin muslmamic rape gangs lol thx immigration"

When "they" refers to a minority within a minority >.<  

Where the majority of people who come here, come here to work.

I'm not even against having some reform on immigration , but the rhetoric of "multiculturalism is evil all they do is destroy our country and culture" is utter bullshit and bordering on harmful. 

Also why'd you bother commenting on the general election anyway? Seems you have barely any idea whats happening in the UK or what state its in >.<  

They happened because of the political correctness thing which if i remember correctly is a liberal thing.

The cops didn't intervene because they were afraid of racists accusings.

Imagine you are being mugged but the police won't step in because the mugger is black.

Multiculit can only work with specific ehtincities. I bet germans, italians, danes and irish could get along far better than with turks, arabians, indians and the like.

Or is that not diverse enough for you?

Because it could affect the rest of europe too and when you guys ignore stuff like rotherdamn then they could get the idea to try the same shit with the rest of europe too.

They happened because of the political correctness thing which if i remember correctly is a liberal thing.

The cops didn't intervene because they were afraid of racists accusings.

Imagine you are being mugged but the police won't step in because the mugger is black.

Multiculit can only work with specific ehtincities. I bet germans, italians, danes and irish could get along far better than with turks, arabians, indians and the like.

Or is that not diverse enough for you?

Because it could affect the rest of europe too and when you guys ignore stuff like rotherdamn then they could get the idea to try the same shit with the rest of europe too.

>Multiculturalism can only work with specific ethnicities. Except when it works perfectly fine. 

Honestly at this point you aren't really speaking from a reasonable standpoint,sounds like you just hate non Europeans >.<

Have you even talked to anybody from outside of Europe? Got friends from the Phillipines and Sri Lankia and guess what? No issues integrating at all. Perfectly nice people.

And honestly rotherdam was a massive issue, but as I've said before (in the post you completely ignored) pretty everyone involved in the incident was either fired or resigned. Nobody in the country thinks it was a good thing, English or Asian (Been condemned by both sides). 

"Imagine you are being mugged but the police won't step in because the mugger is black."

lmao police here don't give a shit if you're black or white. That's not really a major thing here.

At this point I'm having kind of a hard time taking this seriously tbh >.<  

Its just racist fearmongering about how races can't mix because 'reasons' 

Now tell me what all those ethnicities above have in common.

That each of them changed the culture of Britain to make it what it is today? That the Normans and Vikings influenced Britain linguistically and the Romans introduced a new legal system?

To be fair, German immigrants in the US did not speak English for up to three generations.

If Austrians can be nationalistic, then so can Zimbabweans. How would you feel if Mugabe refused to let white people into Zimbabwe? Maybe the Afrikaners in South Africa should assimilate by learning to speak Xhosa.

Indians are one of the most integrated groups of people in Europe, and most of them are wealthy or educated. Turkey has democratic values similar to European countries, which makes Turkey culturally similar to Europe. Your post is an example of argument by assertion.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly at this point you aren't really speaking from a reasonable standpoint,sounds like you just hate non Europeans >.<

Is that so? Tell me how many germans went out to the street holding signs with "Behead those who insult Hitler!"?

I simply state what is true.

Have you even talked to anybody from outside of Europe? Got friends from the Phillipines and Sri Lankia and guess what? No issues integrating at all. Perfectly nice people.

As far as i recall asians (specifically east asians) tend rather to integrate well. I heard the thai people in germany are doing rather well.

And honestly rotherdam was a massive issue, but as I've said before (in the post you completely ignored) pretty everyone involved in the incident was either fired or resigned. Nobody in the country thinks it was a good thing, English or Asian (Been condemned by both sides).

After over a thousand children were traumasized for life, after several girls give birth to their rapists spawn, after they all had their fun....for freaking years!

And god know how many more are still going out there because it would be 'racist' to stop them.

"Imagine you are being mugged but the police won't step in because the mugger is black." lmao police here don't give a shit if you're black or white. That's not really a major thing here.

You mean like above? Sure...

Its just racist fearmongering about how races can't mix because 'reasons'

Counter question: Why do they even need to? Do you have some sort of race mixing fetish or what?

If Austrians can be nationalistic, then so can Zimbabweans. How would you feel if Mugabe refused to let white people into Zimbabwe?

I wouldn't care even in the slightest.

Indians are one of the most integrated groups of people in Europe, and most of them are wealthy or educated. Turkey has democratic values similar to European countries, which makes Turkey culturally similar to Europe. Your post is an example of argument by assertion.

UK is not europe. I hardly see any indians here in austria.

Are you serious? Ever heard of Erdogan?

That each of them changed the culture of Britain to make it what it is today? That the Normans and Vikings influenced Britain linguistically and the Romans introduced a new legal system?

Yep and all of them were europeans.

To be fair, German immigrants in the US did not speak English for up to three generations.

They at least tried to.

You liberals are really hilarious. Trying so hard to mix races together....damn, white is guilt is real bitch.

My dad always told me, never discus religion and/or politics. Some see you next Tuesday will end up picking a fight and it will all go down hill from there. Read the posts above this one for some proof.

Given that folks have moved away from the Westminster Election and are now discussing race relations online.

I'll put that down to the folks above me being young, as they are showing that they do not know this is an unending thing that will not see anyone changing their minds and will only lead to bitterness and ill feeling.

I advice them to offer each other peace and politely end that line of discussion. Maybe get back on track.

Oh, I voted SNP btw.

(edited)
Britain needs more educated doctors from India and China.

UKIP doesn't want to stop skilled labour. They want to prevent UNSKILLED workers from entering this country to claim benefits and free healthcare. If you're going to make a post, at least do some research.

it must become humble and do business with India and China

And the same for this. UKIP don't want to cut the UK off from the world, the complete opposite, in fact. They want to trade across the world.

Indians are one of the most integrated groups of people in Europe, and most of them are wealthy or educated

"Most of them are wealthy and educated." You're talking about India near nepal, pakistan and burma, right? The place where poverty and disease run rampant, all while the richest become richer? I think, mate, that India has a while to go before before they're like that.

Oh, I voted SNP btw.

Why?

Edited by ForthEorl

You liberals are really hilarious. Trying so hard to mix races together....damn, white is guilt is real bitch.

At this point there's probably not much to argue about. Considering this is pretty much an argument from "Well I don't know about you, but I detest anybody who isn't white. Why don't you?". I suppose you also support segregation of black and white people because they obviously can't be trusted to go near eachother because they're so different. 

"Well look, I've never met a muslim in my life, but I've heard they just go about raping people and hating western society. Savages"

Also on 

"Counter question: Why do they even need to? Do you have some sort of race mixing fetish or what?"

Because immigration at a decent level substantially improves the economy of a country? 

Guess I should probably avoid spamming up this thread, because there's no way its going to end up with anything but a shouting contest, you've ignored half the points I've made and each and every time I've replied its turned into "YEAH, WELL THEY FUCK KIDS DON'T THEY". 

So yeah, will leave this. Guess its been off topic for too long anyways xD

Why?

Because I am a Scottish Nationalist and believe that the British State is a corrupt and decaying entity. I believe that my country gets treated with contempt by Westminster and I hate the Conservative and Unionist Party like most of Scotland and do not want them to destroy my country.

Sadly, I would have voted for a socialist candidate, but none were standing in my constituency. I still have grudging respect for the SNP.