Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

anyone else think Zecora wasn't in it because of shes a zebra?

Izanagi

Honestly, I never saw zecora in the movies, and i don't know. but does anyone else think it might be because the creators didn't know if she'd be black and white, or white and black? or just the voice actor not wanting to be in the show? (not even sure if shes still a character, since season 4.)

• Brohoof 2

They made a toy of her as an Equestria Girl so I doubt it. She had the markings and such but they probably just didn't know of a way to make her relevant to the plot.

pTRU1-18036514dt.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Well, if they put Zecora in they'd likely have to give her some screentime and even a voice. Considering everything they probably didn't want to compromise her too much while they gave time to the main cast, villains, main support, and some background characters (Octavia).

So yeah, I probably didn't want to put her in just for the sake of having her.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'd consider not being in Equestria Girls to be a blessing.

I could see her being a teacher or something, but they only authority figures they have every shown are Celestia and Luna.

Edited by Banul
  • Brohoof 1

She has her own doll so being a zebra isn't the case.

They just haven't had a reason to include her yet

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think it might fit she works at some sort of shop of her own selling medicine or maybe beverages so the girls would actually meet her, or live by herself like in the show. If she were to work at the school, I'd see her as some sort of faculty member that administrates some of the activities at the school (maybe takes care of all the chemicals for the chemistry lab?) but doesn't actively speak with any of the students but if you approach her, she's filled with sagacity and wisdom. She'd be one of those type of people who are really experienced and intelligent and you wouldn't expect them to be in the job that they're in.

She probably just didn't have any "role" in the movies.

Edited by estoc
  • Brohoof 1

They made a toy of her as an Equestria Girl so I doubt it. She had the markings and such but they probably just didn't know of a way to make her relevant to the plot.

img-3737432-1-pTRU1-18036514dt.jpg

e40.png

(Sorry, just looks off >.< then again I've never seen any good official merch)

• Brohoof 4

IDK, given her role in the show, I might show her as the school nurse or guidance counselor (I can just hear AJ complaining, "I'm more confused now than before I talked to her!"

As has been mentioned Celestia & Luna are the only 2 authority figures shown, so that might be why she was left out (kind of like the old Peanuts cartoons never showed adults)

• Brohoof 1

The first time I heard about Equestria Girls taking place in a school I was so sure she was going to be in it as one of the class teachers. I guess the creators of the show just forgot about her.

• Brohoof 1

They will keep adding in more pony characters with each Equestria Girls they make. In the first movie they had Cheerilee, the Mane 6, the CMC, DJ Pon3, Celestia, Luna, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and Cloudkicker.

In Rainbow Rocks they added Derpy, Roseluck, Amethyst Star, Maud Pie, Bulk Biceps, and Octavia.

So there is a good chance Zecora couls be in the next one. Cadance also propobly has a good chance too. I would like to see some of the human-only characters get a pony version, like how Flash Sentry did.

• Brohoof 1

Well, Other side characters like Cadence and Sining Armor isen't in the movies either. I dont think they diden't add her because shes a zebra, Maybe she just diden't have any good opportunities to show up in the story :mellow:

• Brohoof 1

I guess the creators of the show just forgot about her.

i doubt the creators of the show forgot about one of the secondary characters. Things like budgets, time constraints and story lines usually play a factor in who shows up where, when, why and for how long.

she's filled with sagacity and wisdom. She'd be one of those type of people who are really experienced and intelligent and you wouldn't expect them to be in the job that they're in.

She could be a guidance counselor as well along those lines.  

I would like to see some of the human-only characters get a pony version, like how Flash Sentry did.

Flash Sentry was first introduced in his pony form. In fact he's had more appearances as a pony than as a human. 

Zecora seems to be missing since Twilight became an alicorn... correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, she did play a secondary role in the S4 premier if that is what you're referring to.

Aside from that she did have a cameo at the end of "Twilight Kingdom," but that wasn't a speaking role.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
Well, she did play a secondary role in the S4 premier if that is what you're referring to.   Aside from that she did have a cameo at the end of "Twilight Kingdom," but that wasn't a speaking role.

Don't forget Filli Vanilli, an episode where her appearance basically just served as recap on a previous appearance. Still, I would like to see her show up sometime during season 5 if possible.

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 1