Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zoo names monkey after royal baby and forced to apologize.

ManaMinori

you're assuming they named the monkey after the royal brat because they found it funny. There's no evidence of this anywhere, so I don't know where you're getting that assumption from.

Isn't it kind of stupid to call a child a brat not even a week after she was born?

Anyway If I remember correctly the article said something about how the name didn't have any votes before the royal family announced the name. And if we were to look at some of the posts in this thread then it wouldn't be hard to guess where I'm getting that assumption from.

Not to mention this is the Japanese we're talking about. A nation of people who are very respectful toward other individuals. So I can't even begin to imagine that the people running this zoo and conducted the poll in for the name went with "Charlotte" out of ill intent or just for shi7s and giggles.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that it's completely impossible for Japanese to be just as mean as the rest of the world. How could I be so stupid that I forgot that they're literally gods that can do no wrong?

.As for the answer to your question. If you don't copyright the name of your child, why should you get upset if someone names an animal after them?

Because that's disrespectful. It would be okay if this was just a coincidence but it isn't. The article says that the name had no votes before the royal family announced the name.

I find this thread hilarious. One part says that it wasn't meant as an insult while the other part says that the royal family is idiotic and arrogant self serving twits. I think that it's probably those who dislike the royal family who thought it was a good idea to name the monkey Charlotte (let's be honest, it's not a coincidence) .

Also, I'm going to get a bunch of apes and name them after the presidents of the united states and see how many people will say that it's just a name.  

(edited)

Also, I'm going to get a bunch of apes and name them after the presidents of the united states and see how many people will say that it's just a name.

Even better, name them after the writers of this show. Then we could talk about people having their feelings hurt. Edited by Gildarts

I don't think it's an insult to name a monkey or any animal after someone, so they named the monkey Charlotte, that's not an insult to the princess, they just like the name. I don't think it's a big deal at all.

I don't think it's an insult to name a monkey or any animal after someone, so they named the monkey Charlotte, that's not an insult to the princess, they just like the name. I don't think it's a big deal at all.

If they chose the namne because they like the name, why didn't it have any votes before the royal family announced the name of the princess? The answer is simple, they only voted for the name as a joke.

Also to name a animal after someone is unrespectful as hell.

To all of you that thinks that the zoo shouldn't apologize, can you answer thes question?

If someone named a monkey after your child because they find it funny, would you think that it's okay? Would it be okay to name a monkey after a kid with autism? Would it be okay to name a monkey Robin Williams? Would it be okay to name a monkey after Martin Luther King? Would it be okay to name a monkey after Amanda Todd? And the most important, Is bullying okay? Because this is bullying.

I think it's cruel that you would compare your own kid to a monkey in the first place (Although to be fair, young kids can certainly come off as deranged howler monkeys at times)

What kind of parent are you?

Laugh it off and move on to more important things such as bills, taxes and putting your spawn through school

I think it's cruel that you would compare your own kid to a monkey in the first place (Although to be fair, young kids can certainly come off as deranged howler monkeys at times)

When did I compare my own kid with a monkey?

What kind of parent are you?

One who doesn't have a kid.

I've never said that I'm a parent, where the hell did you get that from?

Laugh it off and move on to more important things such as bills, taxes and putting your spawn through school

You're right. Who cares if my spawn gets bullied? Nothing bad has ever come out of that.

(edited)
If someone named a monkey after your child because they find it funny, would you think that it's okay?

Totally, why wouldn't it be okay ? It's no big deal, it would be if I had named my child after the said monkey because I found it funny.

Would it be okay to name a monkey after a kid with autism?

Is it okay to consider them as different than other humans ? Because that's what you're doing. I'm not blaming you for reacting in such haste, though you should really reconsider this reasoning.

Would it be okay to name a monkey Robin Williams?

Name it in whatever way suits you, being offended by such a thing is as childish as naming an animal after someone's name to piss him of.

Who would care honestly.

Would it be okay to name a monkey after Martin Luther King?

The person doesn't matter.

However, here, you do have a point, but not for the reason you would expect.

You are totally right to name it "Martin Luther King", it's just a name anyway. However, by doing so, you prove being disrespectful (as long as you are not naming it like that because you idolize the said person, of course) to the values Martin Luther King defended. And that is not right.

And the most important, Is bullying okay? Because this is bullying.

Wowowow, let's not overuse such terms, okay ? In the worst case, it's just a bad joke, nothing like bullying.

There's no point in persuading people by making them feel bad by using such terms as "bullying" to talk about what they defend in this topic, you're not going anywhere like that.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that it's completely impossible for Japanese to be just as mean as the rest of the world. How could I be so stupid that I forgot that they're literally gods that can do no wrong?

Don't be ridiculous, you got what he meant.

Because that's disrespectful. It would be okay if this was just a coincidence but it isn't. The article says that the name had no votes before the royal family announced the name.

What if we actually went everyday to some countries in Africa to apologize before the children working in factories because we want to put on some clothes ?

Neh, better apologize over a name given to an animal.

Even better, name them after the writers of this show. Then we could talk about people having their feelings hurt.

Who cares honestly. No offense intended, but I'm pretty sure there is only one person here that would feel hurt to know an animal was named after him.

If they chose the namne because they like the name, why didn't it have any votes before the royal family announced the name of the princess? The answer is simple, they only voted for the name as a joke.

Yeah, that's a joke. Not an insult, nor a murder. A joke. And no, it's not bullying.

I'm pretty sure that putting animals in cages is unrespectful, and, you know, don't get mad but, while were are only assuming that they did it in an non-respectful way, isn't throwing ideas like naming apes after the name of the creators of the show only to piss someone else of... unrespectful ?

I mean, I don't find it unrespectful but childish, but anyway, if what the zoo staff did is unrespectful, wouldn't you be then ?

Edited by ConcorDisparate

It's really not a big deal regardless.

I don't think the Royals themselves were offended by it, but rather some uptight nitwit who considers himself some kind of authority. A name is a name. Apologizing for giving a monkey the name of a princess is just utterly ridiculous. I think I'll name my ass whatever the name of the person who demanded this is, because clearly nothing but shit comes from them.