Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Canterlot High

NonbinaryDuck

@,

Lightning turned to the pony talking to him. 

He definitely wasn't a student. He had a wise air to him, but there was also something unusual about this pony, and his mind felt a little heavier than it did before..

"Nah.. I'm fine, I'll just wait until she's free."

He ran and flipped his board onto the ground.

There had been something troubling at the back of his mind, but it probably wasn't a big deal, but he had noticed a pony tailing him down the halls, before he lost whoever it was.

It was unusual, but he shrugged it off. He kick-flipped off the stairs and heel-tapped the pole.

Who?  

blep

Jazz whipped around, a snarl forming on her tongue in automatic response. She struggled with the inward feeling of just wanting to run away, yet her outer facade showed none of this as she turned around, shooting the stallion a glare out of the corner of her eyes. "Well, I don't know either. Do you even know where you're supposed to be going?" she commented, brushing her mane in front of her face with a hoof to hide her features.

rune made a toothy grin. "nah." he said simply. and he didnt show any reaction to her acting hostile. either he didnt care, or he didnt notice. "first day, obviously." he pulled his right jacket sleeve down a little more. didnt want any ponies to find out he had tat's yet. "but maybe i could come with you? where your going, there must be a teacher, right?"

Jazz rolled her eyes, ignoring him a little as she started to walk again. "Music rooms? Do you really think they'd have a teacher?" she asked, raising an eyebrow sarcastically. "Whatever. Do what you want." she stated, shrugging and walking off, adjusting her guitar absentmindedly.

rune's smile faltered. "well, aren't you a little ray of sunshine?" he said, sarcastically. he didnt know why she was ignoring him like that, he was just being nice! "well, im Rune. can i ask whats yours?" he was still trying to be nice, but his patience was already wearing thin.

Tranq's head popped up. Guess I slept through class again, she thought, although she vowed to pay closer attention in the future. The room she had been in was empty now. Nobody thought to wake me up? Rude.At least I have a free period now. She made her way across campus to where the one thing at this school she cared about was: her violin. She looked around to make sure nobody saw as she slipped unnoticed into the empty band room. Setting up a music stand in the corner, she placed the half-filled sheet music on it, and played through the piece so far. As it reached the crescendo, she stopped annoyed. She still hadn't figured out where to take the piece next, so she played through it several more times. Unbeknownst to her, she had left the door slightly ajar, allowing her music to float into the hall outside the room.

• Brohoof 1

Aurora just wanders the halls. She is unsure weither or not to join a club or recommend one. She just wanders aimlessly, avoiding others as she moves. Her 360 degree sight giving her the appearance of one who is spaced out staring straight ahead. She continues to wander, not really doing anything untill that Magiteck Class starts.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Love,

Lightning was zooming down the halls, without a care in the world.

He slowly stopped outside the music rooms to put his headphones in. He heard the quiet symphony of a violin. 

He continued to listen, and to his surprise, he liked it.

He was curious as to who could play the violin so impeccably, and so he slid on his board over to the door, slightly open, and pushed it open.

He saw a mare, about his age, playing the violin without missing a note.

"You have some real talent."

Edited by Lightning

Jazz frowned, blinking a little. She contemplated being nice, but didn't like the idea of... Opening up and being, well, vulnerable. "Jazz. Jazz Sonata. What's it to you?" she asked, before her ears pricked at the sound of a beautiful violin. Running forward towards the music, she hurried to the music room, almost entranced by the sound. It was beautiful, and, to be honest, she valued that sound over social interaction. She paused right outside the door, nodding to the stallion who was already standing there, grateful that he could be the one to initiate the conversation with the mare who was playing the violin. "It's beautiful." she added onto his statement, following him in as well.

rune, confused, followed her. he heard the violin soon enough, and listened until it broke off abruptly. "do, re, mi." he said simply. "if your trying to add on, that is." he sat down, and watched too. he grinned at the other stallion in the room. 

he was just glad no-one had caught onto the fact he was wearing a hoodie in the middle of the summer.

@@@MiniKirby123, @,

Tranq had been so focused on what she was doing that she didn't hear the three ponies who had joined her in the previously empty room. She jumped in surprise, almost dropping her instrument, and had to juggle it a few times before it landed safely on the ground, thanks to her magic. Rather than responding to the compliments, she snarled. "What do you three want?" she asked with contempt. "I came to this room because it was empty."  It came out harsher than she had intended, but she couldn't help it. They had almost witnessed her most prized possession being destroyed, as well as her fumbling with the damn thing. Her cheeks had colored with embarrassment, but she hoped that thought it was from anger instead. Without waiting for an answer, she started making marks on the sheet in front of her, grumbling to herself. "It's not right," she said in a low tone.

rune grinned, and walked up to her. "man...is everyone here mean, or is it just me?" he said with a hint of playfulness. "oh, and if ya want my help, i think you should add a 're' here, and a 'mi' there. just my opinions, though." he threw up his hoofs in mock surrender. his left sleeve fell a bit, to reveal the first glyph on his arm, but he covered it up as quickly as it came. "ehehehe...anyways, i think you have a great talent, there."

(edited)

@@@Love@MiniKirby123

This other stallion was different. Something about him was suspicious.

"It's just you. So, what's under your sleeve that you so desperately need to hide?"

Lightning wanted answers, and fast. He had a keen eye, and this wasn't getting past him unnoticed.

Lightning had a gut feeling about this guy. 

He turned to the violinist.

"And you, why so aggro? You got something to hide too? I mean, who chucks a rage at someone listening to them play a song? No one normal."

He finally turned to the white coated mare. He didn't know anything about her, and she wasn't trying to hide anything.

"Well, don't we all have problems."

(OOC: Ugh, sorry for the rudeness, it's just how this character gets things done.)

Edited by Lightning

rune managed an embarrassed smiled. "ehehehe...eheh..." he pulled the sleeve down. "nothing, really..." he then turned back to the violinist, in an attempt to shake the attention off him. "you were playing a song, its only natural to expect ponies to show up. and as a matter-of-fact," he raised his voice a little, "im Rune, everybody. and i think we could be great friends!"

(edited)

@@Love, @, @,

Jazz froze for a split second - only long enough fro the truly observant to notice - and felts her own breath stop short. Friends...? The mere idea of getting so close to so many ponies in such a short time made her almost want to scream, and, with no other way to go, she forced it down while also trying to swallow her fear. Naturally, her instinct kicked in, and the words that came out of her mouth were more of a barrier she automatically put up. "Friends? Isn't that a little early?" she muttered, narrowing her eyes slightly. Anyone that approached another pony so fast... She didn't trust him. To the skater-stallion, she simply shrugged, her tone becoming a little less hostile - he had done nothing wrong in her eyes. "Oh you have no idea." she said, smirking somewhat sarcastically. 

To the mare, however, she relaxed easily as she walked over, smiling a little. "I wish it still was empty, but since I'm here..." she began, pulling up a chair and slinging her guitar onto her lap, "need any help? Your violin really is beautiful. I've never tried to learn it myself." she spoke, her tone changing almost completely as soon as she got onto the topic of her beloved music.

[OOC: sorry for my rudeness also! She'll hopefully open up soon enough, depending on how you play your characters.]

Edited by MiniKirby123
  • Brohoof 1

@@MiniKirby123,

(i got this. :comeatus:  by the next 3 posts, we'll be best buds! :sneer: )

rune went for a winning smile. "since when is it too early to try to make friends? i see absolutely no disadvantage, and if you dont want to, i'll just make other friends." he shrugged. "no matter which way you look at it, if you start out trying to be friends, you make allies. and, you gain support." he grinned at the others. "same to everyone else in here. and just to show y'all i truly want to be your friend, i can show ya what im hiding. lightning was right. i am hiding something, as im sure the rest of you picked up on." he smiled sheepishly. "im a rubbish liar." 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@MiniKirby123,@, @@Love,

"Yeeeeahh.."

The guitar mare was right, no one should ever want friends that quickly.

"Let me cut it to you," He stared right at the stallion, "I'm not your friend. Got it?"

Lightning was irritated. He had grown up and learnt not to trust just anyone. But the mares, he had some sort of trust in.

He looked at the girl who had shrugged at him.

"So, guitar. Let's see how much talent you have."

He smirked and sat down on his board.

Edited by Lightning

rune was still grinning. "fine. your loss." he shrugged. "but hey, this is Canterlot High, i shoulda known id run into some idiots that think 'oh, no, everyone's so bad! i cant trust anyone!" he said that last bit mockingly.

it was clear the negativity of all these ponies was starting to get to him, but he was determined to make at least one friend. 

(edited)

@@@MiniKirby123
"Did you just call me an idiot?"

Lightning felt the rage building up inside him, and he felt like smashing the stallion over the head with his skateboard.

"I'm sick off all you wealthy ponies looking down on others like you're something special. I bet you grew up with a warm bed to sleep in every night, food to spare, money to spend. Well I never had any of that. I was rejected from adoption at the age of 12, even after I was ditched on the side of a road, because of bruises from my parents. I had a more responsibilities at 12 than you will EVER have. You know where I sleep? Under a dock with water hitting my hooves every few minutes. I had nothing. Wanna know how I got by? Underground fight clubs. I had to teach myself how to box and steal just to keep myself AND my younger brother from starving. I went to prison, and lost my brother. I lost trust in everything. You know what I have now? Zilch. The only stuff I have is either washed up on the beach or found on the side of a road. That's where I found these." He held up his board and headphones, as well as an old cracked HayPod. "You grew up privileged. I haven't eaten for 4 days. And that's barely scratching the surface."

He sat back down and looked up at the roof.

Edited by Lightning

(edited)

rune dug around in his bag, and threw a chunk of bread at him.

"now, before you start preaching "oh, i don't need your help!" let me have my fair share. iv seen my best friend die." his eyes had...changed color. to a deep red.

"you had a mean childhood. i get that. but don't go around flaunting it. at least your brother might still be alive." he was slowly unzipping his jacket. "i had nothing to eat for a while, too. and i was looking forward to eating that bread."

his voice was quiet. "but you know what? some ponies are just idiots to begin with." he threw his jacket aside, and his scarf and tattoo'd arm was revealed. "you wanna know how i know your an idiot?" he raised his arm. "you didn't rig the matches. you went to prison, which says you weren't smart enough to pull it off." he wanted nothing more to shock that guy into a coma. "you know what the difference between you and me is? i know how to get stuff done. how to truly get stronger."

he made a fake grin. "now, im not saying i had a worse time than you. im simply saying the only reason i didn't, was because i know how to think. but the one thing i don't get, is why the hell didn't you stay optimistic. there are no advantages to acting mopey. literally, none."

still with a fake grin, he continued. "but still, lady luck smiles at you. you find a skateboard, haypod, and earphones. but you still think 'oh, iv got the most rotten luck!' do you realize how much food you could've bought by selling those things?"

he left the brother subject alone, though. he wasn't that mean.

he looked at the others. "welp, my secrets out." he said bitterly.

Edited by PeytonJay

@

He threw the bread back.

"I can think better than you can imagine actually, thanks, but I chose not to. I didn't try and rig the matches because I didn't want to. I wasn't getting food or warmth on the street, so, by going to jail I got myself both those things. You think I didn't realise I'd lose my brother? He's safer now, with maybe a nice house, siblings, kind parents. Lady Luck didn't smile at me. I won all of those in bets. Why didn't I stay optimistic? Because I couldn't. I lost all will to live. I can't tell how you how many times I jumped off that dock, hoping not to see the light of day again. But I was dragged back to shore by the current. So I took it as a sign. I haven't tried it since. You saw your best friend die right? What about your brother? I didn't physically see him die, but a part of me died. Don't think you're so smart since you know how to keep yourself alive better than I do."

(edited)

@

rune caught the bread. "lost all will to live, eh?" he asked. "but you kept getting pulled back to the shore...it sounds an awful lot like luck..." his arm burst into flames, burning the bread to a crisp. the flames faded. "and i dont have any siblings, so i cant know how you feel. but have you ever had a true friend?" he stepped closer, a hint of bloodlust in his eye. "not a father figure, not a brother, a friend?" he grinned. "you have so much to be happy about, but instead you focus on your past. thats what separates us." he raised his arm again. "and that last bit was funny...i have a better means for survival, but you still claim we're somehow equal?" he snickered. "please...ponies with a set mind like yours can never really be any good...just look at the two of us, even you could see the difference."

(so much for being friends in 3-5 posts. :lol: )

Edited by PeytonJay
  • Brohoof 1

@,

(OOC: This is getting quite feisty ;p!)

Lightning wasn't phased by the 'intimidating' magic.

"Ah, still thinking you're so amazingly superior. You disgust me. I have nothing to be happy about. Look at you, getting all feisty and burning your only food. And you call me stupid. Out of your rage, you burnt your food. You're not as smart as you may think you are. Have I ever had a true friend? Nope. Not one. And this is why I don't try. People like you, thinking you're nice. I simply said I wasn't your friend, and you caught offence to that? Sounds pretty weak to me You know what? I came here to listen to music not to talk to some dirt-bag like you. So I'm being the bigger stallion and stepping down. You're a waste of time anyway."

(OOC: Looks like we got rivals :P Btw I mean none of these things towards you, just for the sake of the RP!)

• Brohoof 1

(man, everyone's first impression of rune, and its him at his worst. -_-)

rune glared at him. "i was just fine, until you started blabbing about your 'oh so bad' life." he said. "oh, and i burnt your only food. a gift is a gift. no givsies backsies." he sprinkled the ashes at him. he put his jacket back on. "theres the lunch the school provides anyways...oh, and do me a favor." his friendly spark was back in his eye. "try to not spread rumors about my arm. thats how reputations are broken."

he shrugged, and decided to take his leave. nopony in here looked like they'd be friends with him anytime soon, anyways. and they looked unimpressed. as he passed by Tranq, he decided to pitch in his help one last time. "C, D, E. on the 12th note." he said as he quietly left. 

(a rivalry we have. :) oh, and is it just me, or does it feel like the other mares are watching with popcorn?  :lol:)

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

The hall way was quiet even the sound of ponies could barely be heard that was at least until a young unicorn came bursting through the main doors "Oh goodness I'm late very, very late. Ah I'm TARDY!" Said the unicorn in horror as he started galloping down the corridor. It was at this point he ran into a grey unicorn in a hoodie.