Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Skrillex Or Deadmau5?

ZaccMDL

(edited)

Witch one please tell im dying to know btw skrillex does a lot of dubstep but deadmau5 does electronic dance music many people get that confused. not just the artist but the music deadmau5 hates dubstep there is an intervieiw of him sayong how ang why he hates dubstep so it is in the category of electronic danced music because it doesmnt have random wlords thrown into it just daying so you know. P.S I <3 deadmau5

Edited by ZaccMDL

They're both pretty different from each other in terms of their style of music, but I'd definitely choose deadmau5 over Skrillex. Nothing against Skrillex; I just like much more songs from deadmau5 opposed to the few that I like from Skrillex.

• Brohoof 5

It's pretty hard to say one's better than the other since they're both very different when it comes to their music. The only similarity is that they're both electronic. Personally I prefer deadmau5 though. Skrillex has some good songs such as Kyoto and Kill Everybody but they're pretty much the only songs from him I listen to. As for deadmau5, I virtually love every song from him. :P

• Brohoof 5

mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5maumau5mau5mau5

mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5

mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5

(bet ya can't guess which one I like?)

• Brohoof 3

The only reason I prefer Skrillex is because he was the first dubstep musician I ever heard of

@@ZaccMDL

Just letting you know I moved your thread to Media Discussion as it pertains to the music industry. Please consider the proper placement of your threads in the future. :)

Also added the Music Prefix to the topic title.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 3

mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5mau5maumau5mau5mau5

(bet ya can't guess which one I like?)

Skrillex. Definitely skrillex.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I tried to listen to both, but I just can't get into it. I think they're both terrible. I really, really, really despise this kind of music... Skillrex moreso than Deadmau5, though.

Edited by Admiral Regulus

Definitely deadmau5. 
Skrillex is decent, but I've loved far more of deadmau5's music. 
They're completely different artists though >.< Ones brostep and the others progressive house. Pretty much could be a  "what genre do you prefer" question xD

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Is Skrillex that band that did that song with The Doors material? I looked into that thinking a modern artist doing something with The Doors would be kind of cool. That was until I heard it.

I have no clue who this "Deadmau5" is, but if it is anything whatsoever like that Skrillex song, I will - to put it very kindly - pass.

brostep

i-cant-even.gif

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

Neither. I don't like their music. However I'd pick Deadmau5 if I'd have to pick one

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

envy honey skrillex isnt a band he is a person who brosteps deamua5 is a person who hates dubstep but does his music electronically

Edited by ZaccMDL

(edited)

I don't listen to them that much. But I'll choose Skrillex because I enjoyed the song "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" a lot. Though I have to admit what Deadmau5 wears on his head is cool..

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie

There kind of is more of a connection between them than some are acknowledging as Skrillex first started getting a lot of attention opening for Deadmau5 and some of his first stuff was released via mau5trap, Deadmau5's label. 

I found deadmau5 first and his album Random Album Title helped me finish a big essay I was working on at the time. Plus I really enjoyed that YouTube video of him playing Ghosts N Stuff in a huge club in Toronto. So, I am definitely partial to the work of Mr. Zimmerman and have seen his antics live twice whereas I've never seen Skrillex perform. Skrillex's stuff fits Burnout Paradise PERFECTLY though, but then again, Deadmau5 makes the time trial mode in Mirror's Edge way more fun. But Skrillex provided music for Spring Breakers, one of my favorite movies of 2013. AND that song he did for the Mortal Kombat album was PRETTY good. 

But I love silly masks. So Deadmau5 still wins. And I've quite enjoyed both, and its cool that some of you haven't, but I have. Don't like Minecraft though, and Mau5 got weirdly obsessed with that. 

Sorry. Mau5. 

• Brohoof 1

envy honey skrillex isnt a band he is a person who brosteps deamua5 is a person who hates dubstep but does his music electronically

I have no idea what you're trying to tell me here, but I have already said my part in this topic... (I'm trying to be nice. xD)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Definitely Deamau5, Skrillex I've only listened to once and didn't really care for them as much as Deadmau5. My favorite Deadmau5 song is Strobe.

i haven't agreed this much with someone's opinion for a long time. You're so right!