Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Living in Yorkshire, England it seems to me that the older generations (30+) has never even heard of Bronies. However, when it comes to the age group 18-25, awareness of the brony fandom is about 50/50. In my experience it's also the younger generation that are more accepting of bronies, whilst older generations never take it seriously when I tell them about the fandom.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

[OFFTOPIC]

First positive result:

sig-3809459.sig-3745384.Behind-The-Door-

tinyurl.com/doorponygif

A little less "offtopic"; this one is a mix of different franchises (some more mainstream than others):

youtu.be/crkbf3a1PnQ

Edited by SilverComet
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't think our fandom could ever be "mainstream" per se, if only because of the nature of it, but we do have a lot of members by now.

Edited by Frostgage

The funny thing is, many people still fear or underestimate this fandom. We are not mainstream, nor will we be for a while. Only approx. 13 million of us? Not so many people compared to the world or the population of the countries bronies are in. 

This fandom, at least off the internet, is definitely not mainstream. Some merch is sold in stores, and some people know about it.

A lot of opinions have been mislead by bias, causing people to be uncomfortable with it until they are shown evidence that what they have heard is largely untrue. Some people are self righteous jerks who think that it's stupid and talk bad about it whenever it comes up. Some people are ambivalent. Most people have no idea what you're talking about. And some people, the cool people, know what it is and happily chat with you about it.

Now, we're not mainstream like Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who and such, but we aren't unknown. And for the moment, I'm totally alright with that. :D

• Brohoof 1

if it was mainstream I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be as hated.... though I won't deny becoming a brony isn't original anymore since a lot of people join us.... though who cares if its original or mainstream we are all here because we like ponies that's all that matters