Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need help for a story on FimFiction

Pecan Pencil

I will be submitting a new story Fimfiction, but there's one problem; I haven't gotten a clue on where to start.

When I'm writing a fanfiction it sounds good at first but then a couple hours after it's accepted I feel like I'm a terrible writer.

I wanna make a story with my favorite characters (if that helps)

AppleJack

SpitFire

Fluttershy

:icwudt:Well that's a great idea!  Maybe they run into each other at a bonfire that Rainbow Dash is throwing.

That's a great idea! Maybe Rainbow Dash can throw a Bonfire and that's where they all run into each other.

I guess you could do an intro where some villain is rampaging through Ponyville and the Wonderbolts come to stop him and they recieve a lot of help from the Mane 6. I suppose you could take it from there and have Spitfire become friends with Applejack and Fluttershy.

Ha! First rule of fanfiction: Never read your stories too many times.

At least, that's the rule I've come up with. If I read my stories that I wrote too many times, they start to sound awful no matter how good they started out looking. An author once said, "Never go back to read the story you wrote. You'll think it's awful." I used to answer, "Then how will I edit it?"

Anyways, you could write about how Spitfire crashes onto Applejack's farm. Unfortunately for Spitfire, Applejack hates because (Yadda yadda backstory backstory) and refuses to help her. Applejack warns others not to help her but Fluttershy starts to secretly help her on the side. She gets caught (Yadda yadda) happy ending.

I'd never write something this emotional.

• Brohoof 1

So, imagine the wonderbolts have changed their flight training patterns, and now fly over the forest. The wind currents/noise they make disturbs the animals of the forest, which causes them to residence on Sweet Apple Acres. The resulting conflict is Fluttershy and Applejack trying to convince Spitfire to change it back.

(edited)

Ha! First rule of fanfiction: Never read your stories too many times.

At least, that's the rule I've come up with. If I read my stories that I wrote too many times, they start to sound awful no matter how good they started out looking. An author once said, "Never go back to read the story you wrote. You'll think it's awful." I used to answer, "Then how will I edit it?"

Anyways, you could write about how Spitfire crashes onto Applejack's farm. Unfortunately for Spitfire, Applejack hates because (Yadda yadda backstory backstory) and refuses to help her. Applejack warns others not to help her but Fluttershy starts to secretly help her on the side. She gets caught (Yadda yadda) happy ending.

I'd never write something this emotional.

Dat rule is soooo true =)

As for an author i will suggest to not write anything until you come up with what break points of your story - how it starts, how it ends, and pick of the "conflict"

P.s Although, what can i know about it? well... anyway this is my suggestion to you... if you don't mind...

Edited by IceBeerG

• 1 month later...