Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Fleetfoot so tactless?

ggg-2

Rainbow Falls was Fleetfoot's first major role and it showed her to be a rather......tactless mare. (in my opinion, that's putting it kindly) In fact, she pretty much had to be told to shut up a couple times by Spitfire. But why? Spitfire (most of the time) and Soarin, especially, are more easygoing and are actually very kind ponies. Assuming the Wonderbolts really are the equivalent of the Air Force, in real life, i assume behavior like Fleetfoot displayed would be reprimanded.

I would chalk it all up to them being in a big serious competition and they are focused on winning. The point is that characters are allowed to act different given the circumstances. Casual conversation vs. serious competition.

Rainbow Falls wasn't really the most well-written episode ever, so I'd blame that for her bad characterization. Judging by how Wonderbolts Academy is run, I'd except for her to be a bit more disciplined. However, with that said, Spitfire seemed to go along with Fleetfoot's actions at the beginning of Rainbow Falls (personally, that seemed to go against Spitfire's already established personality), so that might have some role too.

I don't really know; the episode itself just seemed inconsistent with the rest of the series, and is not one of my favorites.

Spitfire seemed to go along with the plan since recruiting Rainbow Dash wasn't illegal and she wanted to punish Soarin for putting the team in the situation. The only real bad part was the lying to Rainbow Dash and Soarin.

Fleetfoot seems to be the joker of the three. Also does not seem to be that smart either. I am pretty sure she must be good friends with Spitfire or else her attitude would get her in some trouble.

(edited)

Wonderbolts seem to be more open to allow their members to speak their minds more openly. It goes both ways with Fleetfloot speaking openly and Spitfire allowing Rainbow Dash to criticize them.

Edited by Singe

Wonderbolts seem to be more open to allow their members to speak their minds more openly. It goes both ways with Fleetfloot speaking openly and Spitfire allowing Rainbow Dash to criticize them.

I am guessing that these three are the most high-ranking Wonderbolts and because at their rank, they can talk a bit more freely than some of their subordinates or cadets might be able to.

Not to mention that the three of them know each other well enough to crack jokes and be laid back.

I am guessing that these three are the most high-ranking Wonderbolts and because at their rank, they can talk a bit more freely than some of their subordinates or cadets might be able to.

Not to mention that the three of them know each other well enough to crack jokes and be laid back.

Spitfire's authority doesn't seem to extend beyond official Wonderbolt or events she's overseeing. She would have dealt with Soarin for his mistake that hurt the team, long before correcting Fleetfoot for her remarks.