Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else sick of people thinking everything is racist?

Moonflowerkitty

Where I live, everything seems to be taken in a racist way. Like I made a LOTR reference to the black speech or whatever it's called that the rings wraiths speak in, or something like that (it's been awhile since I've watched the movies) and everyone was like "OOHHHH MYYYY GOOOSHHHHH YOURE A RACIST" and I was like no, I'm not.

If we're gonna conquer racism, maybe we should start by not making it into a bigger issue than it really is and bringing it into everything,

• Brohoof 4

The problem is, no matter what you say, I guarantee you someone will be offended by it. Part of it is a lot of people are just way too sensitive about little, insignificant things. If we all learned to let the little stuff slide, I bet we wouldn't have so much disconnect in society.

• Brohoof 4

What's more amusing is when people get offended about jokes about their country and call it "racist" 

Last time I checked, there wasn't a race of people contained entirely in one single country..and no one is talking about a race when they say these things, and this isn't even taking into consideration questions made from people who just don't know

Like, "Do Americans generally like McDonald's?"

Racist!

• Brohoof 4

To be honest, no I'm not. After the gamut of racism I've encountered over the internet in just the past few days. No, we've got a long way to go as the human race. To think that some of the things that are still thought today and implied just because of color or nationality is disgusting. Then they try to back it off as some kind of 'joke' or 'you are too PC'. No I'm not too PC, I just want some actual decency and because so many are like that it just goes off the deep end into an argument which just makes me feel even less hopeful for humanity uniting.

• Brohoof 2

some asshole at school said I was racist for saying I can believe that cause your asian and he was like racist and for saying he is very tan he is phillapeno and is very very tan

(edited)

I've been generally irritated by false or out of context accusations of discrimination for long time now.

This is racism in my opinion: Belief in concept of racial/ethnic superiority or inferiority. Hatred towards specified ethnicity doesn't necessarily count as racism if it's not due to belief of inferiority or superiority; hatred could be result of things like history, political issues, or past experiences. I'm not saying it's necessarily fair to have broad opinion about entire groups of people but generally speaking if something harmed you, it's understandable that you would want to avoid it or at least have mild feelings of hostility.

ln terms of things that are "offensive", anything can be considered offensive. Even if you very carefully make sentence to not be offensive, there will be people who will actively try to find something offensive about it. So it's much easier to not care. I have taken attitude that if I meant no offense in what I said but someone else is offended by it, it's their concern and not mine. Generally, my view is time to be offended is when someone has intention to offend you.

I used to be someone who was overly sensitive about things but then I realized how stupid I was being so I stopped. Being offended doesn't make you correct.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

For me, it's more everyone trying so politically correct that it makes everything around us just so sanitary and boring. I know people who are black, hispanic, asian, gay, and just about everything in between, and I would like to be able to tell a joke that is slightly racist/slightly homophobic/offensive and everyone be able to chuckle and go about their business.

I believe that it stems from being closed minded in some form. I also think it's fun to piss off these types of people because I am a troll and think it's funny.

Edited by Azure Flare
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, I am sick of it. People will automatically think that cuz a character in a movie is white, that immediately makes it racist. It really doesn't. People will look for any reason to complain

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

What's more amusing is when people get offended about jokes about their country and call it "racist" 

Last time I checked, there wasn't a race of people contained entirely in one single country..and no one is talking about a race when they say these things, and this isn't even taking into consideration questions made from people who just don't know

Like, "Do Americans generally like McDonald's?"

Racist!

lol XD if someone said something bad about a country were I am at they yell how that is racist idk why but I laugh every time someone says how someone is being racist because he said Americans are fat or something crazy like that.

Edited by Pinkie party time