Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anything you dislike or want to change about a fandom?

Moonflowerkitty

Like the way it should've ended, stupid ships, etc, etc. like finnick shouldve lived in thg, I dislike the big 4 ships with Merida because her whole movie is about her not wanting a man, and Disney needs to stop using dove Cameron in their movies. I was looking forward to decendants after I heard about it 2 years ago, but I saw the trailer, and it looked really lame and stereotypical. The names were so stupid. Mulan wouldn't have named her daughter Lonnie, just sayin. Oh, I dunno, maybe something less prissy and more Chinese?! Plus dove Cameron is so annoying, FEEL FREE TO RANT MY LOVELIES

• Brohoof 1

I don't actually understand most of your original post, but having just been subjected to two collections of Supernatural clips with next to no knowledge or interest in the show...maybe super-fans should be extremely enthusiastic amongst themselves and recognize social cues from people they are hanging out with that this isn't especially amusing or entertaining to the party present? That's specific to the point of being mean regarding this specific instance, but I don't bear ill will towards this person, I just would rather be indifferent about Supernatural rather than having it thrown at me lest I start to actively dislike it.

So maybe, tone down the zealotry? Recognize the show you love may not be for everyone and back off at a point. i was crazy zealous about MLP for awhile but now I kind of quietly enjoy it and keep it to myself. 

I just wish that a lot of people didn't take this fandom so seriously and get offended by everything others say.

• Brohoof 3

The stigma against alicorn OCs can kiss my butt.  :eww: I hate that people are so mean to others about them. Who cares if a fan character doesn't line up with the show 100%? Who cares if the design is stupid? At least this person's having fun! Who are you to ruin their good time because of our own views?

• Brohoof 4

If people in this fandom can stop raging over a change in the show, that would be great. I mean seriously: Twilight becomes a princess? Everyone freaks out! It gets on my nerves; why don't people enjoy the show for what it is and move on with their lives?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

My first interaction with bronies was a group of them that suddenly invaded a forum I frequented. The forum was completely unrelated to MLP but they went and kinda made it their own anyway. I don't know if that sort of happens a lot, but it was unpleasant and pretty much gave me enough reason not to take an interest in the show for years. Only picked it up a month or two ago, actually.

Edited by Trickilee

(edited)

I'll be honest here - there's absolutely nothing I hate in a fandom, whether it be the Brony Fandom, the Gaming Fandom or whatever. And of course, there's nothing I want to change anything about one either. I just love fandoms the way they are and would participate in anything, whether it be having fun with die-hard fans, relaxing with quiet fans or giving my contribution by creating fan art. Of course I'm not saying that all fandoms are super perfect, but I still have so much fun with my fellow fans.

Still, I'm kinda biased with my experiences on fandoms, but I guess it's because I never come across any annoying fans before. I can see why other people would think that some fans are annoying, as they must've encountered too many die-hards/rabid haters/trolls/etc..

Edited by Odyssey

I really wish in the Brony fandom, changes to FiM like Twilicorn. I actually like Twilicorn better and I feel it would be a great ending to the show where Twilight is princess of friendship. Also Equestria Girls is supposed to be a diversion from FiM.

Also in the gaming community, I wish people would stop taking games so seriously and just enjoy them for what they are. I hate how games get judged based on what system they are on or what company they are from like some people will bash Nintendo games because they are "kiddie" or "They used to make great games. But not anymore" which is not true and is annoying.

One of the worst things in any fandom is people sending the creators of the media death threats.

I've swear, I've seen every fandom do it except for the Tolkienites for obvious reasons...

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I just wish that a lot of people didn't take this fandom so seriously and get offended by everything others say.

I feel the same way and even about this fandom. It's really just a cartoon we like and nothing but a cartoon. It's funny how some can get so butthurt over a cartoon. Yes I wished that some in this fandom or any for that matter would not take somethings so seriously. Because if you've been around here for sometime, I am sure you know that there are many who take this show way too seriously. 

Edited by Gone Airbourne

• 7 years later...

I wish the Star Wars fandom would stop hating so much on newer movies and shows in that universe. Yes, Disney likes to milk franchises to death, but that doesn't mean there are no good qualities about their newer movies and shows, especially in Star Wars.

Take The Last Jedi for example - many Star Wars fans despise it, yet the ones who despise it list its bad qualities rather than acknowledging its good ones. I understand that it has terrible writing, but it also has amazing graphics and some characters in it do not get their potential wasted. Just because Snoke's potential was wasted doesn't mean that Kylo Ren's potential was also wasted.

• 1 month later...
On 2015-05-11 at 8:32 AM, Sommar said:

If people in this fandom can stop raging over a change in the show, that would be great. I mean seriously: Twilight becomes a princess? Everyone freaks out! It gets on my nerves; why don't people enjoy the show for what it is and move on with their lives?

The same thing happens in the Doug fandom as well as many fans can't deal with the changes in the Disney version and say that "Disney ruined Doug" when Jim Jinkins himself was the man behind the changes.

Most/some people give fandom bad name/image, complatin on things like Twilight had wings. Also dislike some arts/stories/videos (not blaming artists/writers/video makers for it, sure make other arts/stories/videos I like), Also part of fandom you have think/be/like things  like people of fandom like there things I dislike in the fandom or act like a character or I'm not part of fandom. Also not fan of shipping.

You know, try not attacking actors of TV shows or movies for creative decisions. They're just playing characters. Looking at you Star Wars fans

• Brohoof 1

I wish Star Wars had remained as it was with Legends and continued from there. Im a diehard Legends fan. 

re the previous comment, we don’t all attack the actors but it’s sad when I see it. And I wish SW wasn’t such a divided fandom 

In any fandom, any kind of gatekeeping or 'no true Scotsman' discussions. You don't need to have read/watched every single thing that exists within a universe to be in a fandom. Stop taking it so seriously and let everyone have their fun. Heated discussions are fine, but only in spaces where that sort of thing is expected. Someone sharing a headcanon that contradicts the speech of General Sodoff in chapter fourteen of the seventh book of the expanded universe's Blowhard Rebellion (the second version, before the reprint), should not be met with derision and spite.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wish most fandoms would stop fighting and taking everything so seriously and just enjoy the show/books/movies.

Theres also multiple fandoms I can think of with no respect for the original creators, which is something that always bothers me.

• 3 months later...