Did you like it?  

295 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I think my biggest character complaint was Fluttershy, because she just outright ignored Discord, then at the end completely changed the subject to boot.

Discords jealousy was not over being a single friend that had to be shaired.

He was upset that she did not ask him to go to this event with him. This was a slap in the face rejection then she turned it all around as if it was all his fault then publicly "friend zoned" him. What she did was just wrong imho

This whole season ive lost a lot of respect for Fluttershy, and this was just the iceing on the cake

(edited)

did Discord really need to learn the lesson of it being ok to have multiple friends? I'm starting to wonder, what with his calling Twilight his friend, in "Three's a crowd", truly gaining her (and the other mane 6's) friendship in the s4 finale, also thinking that he had Tirek's friendship, and above all, Fluttershy's.  He seems to be acquiring more friends, but yet he needed to be taught that Fluttershy can have more friends than him? (and why doesn't he get jealous when Fluttershy is with the rest of the mane 6, who are also her friends? or her animal friends?)

seems backwards, to me.

I think I can see Discord's problem. He has no trouble with having more than one friend. His problem is with how to cope if one of "his" friends is friends with somepony else. Somepony he doesn't even know. He seems to think of himself as the center of attention (the universe?) and felt left out and alone when he discovered that Fluttershy made friends with someone AFTER meeting him. Granted, it doesn't make sense, but jealousy seldom does.  

I loved the episode though. I think Fluttershy handled (Hoofled?) Discord's needy nature just right. Despite the seeming hatred of others, I love Treehugger. I think she's a good friend for Fluttershy. I also suspect that Discord will now grow to like her too.

"Discord, I made you these brownies. I think you might like them. They will soothe and relax you."

"Why thank you, my dear." He bites into one, and raises an eyebrow. "Chronic!" 

I liked how Princess Celestia laughed at Discord's joke about Twilight's flying.

I LOVED how Maud stole the show at Discord's stand-up routine! 

It was very touching when Applejack cried over how grown up Applebloom looked in her Gala gown.

It was nasty, but very funny when Applejack then blew her nose on Rainbow's tail.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

Did anypony else laugh really really loudly on the Twilight's wings joke? It was comedy GOLD!!!

I would have, except that she was flying quite well just a short time before it:

896268__safe_twilight+sparkle_animated_p

(edited)

The overall message of this episode was a real poor one, and Discord was a real jerk for being "reformed," and not a lovable jerk either. Shows that Luna is a better example of reformed than Discord, after her being locked away for a thousand years.

Though, this episode showed that some people on the team know cringe humor. I have never seen such humor implemented like this into the show, even at all.

The references and fourth wall breaks are okay considering this is a Discord episode, and I certainly got out enjoyment out of it all.

I liked the dresses and clothing designs for the characters, certainly better than those god awful dresses in the S3 finale. And the overall look of Flutt's hippie friend.

So yeah, I am mixed in an interesting way because there were bits that I really liked a lot, but Discord was a huge jerk and he got off too easily imo and the moral of this episode was complete garbage.

Edited by Coco Pommel

Well, I was pretty sure that the Pinkie Pie noticing cardboard box / Metal Gear Solid reference Discord was going to be the funniest point in the episode, but then Celestia had to ruin it all by actually laughing at the Twilight Sparkle flight joke.

Seriously, I think Celestia laughing was the single greatest moment in the entire five seasons of the show. It was totally awesome, even the sock puppet dimension, Mau'd lines and Discord's Dumb and Dumber tuxedo couldn't top it.

I loved the episode. I thought the story and overall idea was weak, but who cares when there was so much fun to be had in the detail! :D

Hey! That was funny to me though.

it seems that the series is not (yeat) keeping in mind what happened in the comics, at least the cMC and discord are still on unfreindly terms

Implying the comics have been or will ever be canon.

• Brohoof 2

I think he really has a crush, kind of felt it from the beginning of this episode. - I wonder if they develop things in this direction - maybe not, some fans may be crushed if such happened :D - I personally don't mind it would be just very interesting

Yeah that's actually possible :blink: unless he was just perturbed by the fact that Fluttershy could have other friends than him.

(edited)

After rewatching the episode I have to say I really liked the way Discord was portrayed here. In contrast to some other episodes he seems less tame here. There were scenes he reminded me of his Season 2 self. (Like for example that look on his face when he "defeated" Twilight and her friends, or his interactions with that poor Mail pony)

I don't know, but I just like the way they've balanced his character in this episode, He's reformed, but they're mixing it up with some of his Season 2 mannerisms and antics. It may make him look more like a jerk but it makes his character more interesting and entertaining as well,

I found him a bit tame so far in the episodes after he befriended Fluttershy back in season 3. But here we're shown a glimpse of the old Discord again. The Discord who's in control, the Discord who solved the problem with Smooze easily, who "neutralized" the Mane 6 when trying to stop him and if Treehugger hadn't intervened, would likely have dealt with Smooze being out of control as well.

Judging by the preview, I was worried Discord would mess up with letting the Smooze grow, get in trouble because of it, and then needing the Mane 6 to help him out of it. I was so glad that wasn't the case.

This episode gave a clear reminder about what Discord is capable off when he actually gets serious. 

Edited by JH24

I moreso meant SOME people.

This particular forum community only represents a small sample size of MLPFiM fans, and the community here is probably less critical of the show in general compared to a lot of other places. So...the poll here just indicates a majority here. There's plenty of neighsayers for nearly every episode.

I get what you say. But just because a majority likes the episode, that dosen't mean that alot of us here aren't critical. Our opinions are just worth as much as every other person in the fandom.

Well this episode was worth the two week wait! I really really enjoyed it, especially all the references it threw at us. The comedy was great, I liked the story, and even the lesson was good.

Tree Hugger was awesome, I hope they bring her back. The Smooze was a bro. I really like his new design, it looks a lot better than the older one.

I liked the way they portrayed Discord in this episode. He has a plethora of emotions going on. It was nice to see Fluttershy's assertiveness too.

In the end, really solid episode that I think is the best the season has to offer yet.

I also did my review/commentary on it, I had a lot of fun talking about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khbkPGeDVV0

Why does Pinkie instantly take Discord seriously when he says he'll take "all the cakes"? Wouldn't such a big order (especially from Discord) normally warrant a couple of follow-up questions?

bd7.png

That scene was full of jokes.

I get what you say. But just because a majority likes the episode, that dosen't mean that alot of us here aren't critical. Our opinions are just worth as much as every other person in the fandom.

mkay there are quite a few fans on these boards that supply criticism for when they feel the show becomes less fun/interesting/cute/sweet/cool.

Um, I think that may have been the, um, joke.

That scene was full of jokes.

Yeah, I guess I'm just frustrated (rather than amused) by the wasted work shown in that scene, especially when that wasted work could easily have been avoided by any reasonably curious person who would ask confirming questions before just starting to fill such an order.

it seems that the series is not (yeat) keeping in mind what happened in the comics, at least the cMC and discord are still on unfreindly terms 

Well the staff already mentioned the show is most likely not going to reference the comics for accessibility reasons as people would have no idea about the relationship between Discord and The CMC's assuming they had not read the comics in the first place.

The comics are still canon in that the events did happen within the MLPFIM univerese, but the comics are not going to influence production of the show, but the show will influence production of the comics.

(edited)

We all saw the Metal Gear Solid reference, the Dumb and Dumber reference, and of course the stand up comedy references to Seinfeld and Gallager.

Did anyone noticed the reference to "The Shining"?

This little colt has the same haircut and sweater from the kid of The Shining:

sig-3769037.800px-Gala_colt_trembling_S5

See?

sig-3769037.cacef37c-963a-4f02-98c5-3d0b

And when he sees The Smooze oozing out of the door to cover the whole place,

640px-Slime_oozes_out_of_the_room_S5E7.p

its a reference to the Elevator Blood scene from The Shining:

Edited by Persona22
  • Brohoof 10

Funny. This episode put a big dent in my ability to like Celestia. And I don't understand why people liked Celestia so much in this episode.

I don't get why people thought Discord's joke about Twilight's flying was so funny and then when Celestia was the only one laughing, so much more. Really, I don't. Mostly because Twilight can fly well enough most of the time, specially when she is saving both of Celestia's and Discord's hides, let alone fighting for all of Equestria when Celestia's plan of taking all their magic and shoving her head in the ground failed so fenomenally and never made sense from the beginning. Celestia came out as an unlikeable troll, just as much as Discord. Him I can understand, but why Celestia?

And then there is Discord going way overboard because he is jealous of Fluttershy, which amuses Celestia. Is this the same Celestia from the season two opener? Discord almost was more of threat in this episode.

The only funny thing for me in this episode was Tree Hugger the rest was a bunch of Smooze's shenanigans and references all over, whichever were funny, but didn't save the episode for me.

Again, I don't get why people liked Celestia so much in this episode. It made me think all the way back to Best Night Ever. In that episode Celestia has the courtesy to not be around enjoying others having their party ruined, and really, nobody threatened sending one of her subjects into another dimension.

• Brohoof 1