Did you like it?  

295 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I have become a believer in Fluttercord... but seriously, when Discord gave her a flower, my heart melted. Also, I quote, "My relationship with Fluttershy..."  :blush:

Also, I love that Maud Pie keeps coming back, in Rainbow Rocks and in this episode. I hope we get to see even more of her in the future!

Tree Hugger was amazing, I hope to see more of her in the future. However, Maud stole the show with her one liners IMO. :lol: I think this is my favourite episode of the season so far. I'm not too sure how I feel about Celestia in this episode though... :s

This episode was nice..

but..I don't like very much Fluttershy in this episode.Maybe it's just me, but I find that she is becoming with time a little ..sour?? I can not find the right words.

- Maud Pie: she was a pleasant "surprise" for me ...I didn't imagine Maud could also serve as a raft

14dhij4.png

- Discord .. .. I think is more "decent" for the character to return bad..at least that is my thought when I watch the ponies behave cold and distant towards him

- Celestia/Trollestia: she was nice and fun

- Tree Hugger ...I don't like her very much...I feel no "liking" for people like hippies..But I like dreadlocks, reminds me reggae music.

We all saw the Metal Gear Solid reference, the Dumb and Dumber reference, and of course the stand up comedy references to Seinfeld and Gallager.

Did anyone noticed the reference to "The Shining"?

This little colt has the same haircut and sweater from the kid of The Shining:

sig-3769037.sig-3769037.800px-Gala_colt_

See?

sig-3769037.sig-3769037.cacef37c-963a-4f

And when he sees The Smooze oozing out of the door to cover the whole place,

sig-3769037.640px-Slime_oozes_out_of_the

its a reference to the Elevator Blood scene from The Shining:

That was actually my favorite reference from the episode. Danny Pony is best Colt.

... you know ... for kids :P

• Brohoof 2

I don't like very much Fluttershy in this episode.Maybe it's just me, but I find that she is becoming with time a little ..sour?? I can not find the right words.

I think that she's become more consistently assertive, showing her true development.

This will feel weird to the people who are used to seeing her being a passive doormat. 

I've found her very enjoyable this season.

• Brohoof 2

This episode was really good! :pinkie: One of my favorite pairings in the show is FlutterCord, and I think every FlutterCord fan'll love this episode. :umad: It shows that Discord really cares about Fluttershy, the way he got jealous over TreeHugger was honestly so adorable. :wub:  I think we've all felt the way he did, when the person you like takes someone else to a huge event. I'd be extremely jealous, as well, but I'd never want to send them to another world like Discord wanted to.  :adorkable:

(edited)

I don't get why people thought Discord's joke about Twilight's flying was so funny and then when Celestia was the only one laughing, so much more. Really, I don't. Mostly because Twilight can fly well enough most of the time, specially when she is saving both of Celestia's and Discord's hides, let alone fighting for all of Equestria when Celestia's plan of taking all their magic and shoving her head in the ground failed so fenomenally and never made sense from the beginning. Celestia came out as an unlikeable troll, just as much as Discord. Him I can understand, but why Celestia?

Some find it funny while some don't, as for me, it killed me. As for tree hugger, she's the bestest friend you could ever ask for. 

Edited by Candy Star

(edited)

A Discord focus episode featuring my favorite background pony, Maud! Best episode of Season 5 and one of the funniest overall. Rarity's reaction to losing her outfit in a vacuum, Discord's joke about Twilight's mediocre flying ability, Discord getting pwned by Maud, that cute Smooze thing and how Celestia was basically responsible for somepony almost being exiled to the Mexican dimension and twice ruining Rarity's outfit. If she only knew.... Only thing I didn't like was Tree Hugger, especially her rugged mane. I bet Zecora could have filled her role in this episode without being an annoying stereotype.

Edited by Sh Pie

Okay, I was thoroughly entertained by this episode. I lost count on how many times I shouted "POINTS!" at the TV screen (dang @Midnight influence).

Celestia at the end, wow, she definitely knows how to liven up a party. Boring Gala? Just invite Discord!

Personally, I don't think Tree Hugger was meant to be acting stoned at all. 

That assumption is just a natural consequence of all the stereotyping we've been subjected to over the years.

Tree Hugger is simply meant to be the spiritual type, a true peace loving hippie.

She talks slowly because she's as mellow as she can possibly be. 

She's all about those good vibrations, peace and love.

• Brohoof 3

I think that she's become more consistently assertive, showing her true development.

This will feel weird to the people who are used to seeing her being a passive doormat. 

I've found her very enjoyable this season.

No,I'm not referring to the concept of "doormat" or "gain respect".I refer exclusively to her gentle ways of doing. Discord in this episode was not hostile towards her, but Fluttershy was "cold" in explaining to him the moral of the episode.
For the rest, you're right,Fluttershy is a character that is simply acquiring more security in herself..and that's something I like.

Huh, well I'm in the overwhelming minority...  I'm also late...

Yeah, personally, I wasn't too keen on this episode.  There was nothing really wrong I guess, it's just that the only word that comes to mind to describe this episode is obnoxious.  Discord is a better supporting character; as the focus for the episode I just found it annoying.  Then there's Tree Hugger, who could have been interesting if she was anything other than just a pony with the hippie cranked up to 11.  I mean I wanted to like this episode because I like Discord and Fluttershy, I just thought it was more annoying than anything else.

I don't know, maybe my opinion will change later with repeated watchings.  Or maybe I'm missing something crucially important that makes everything better.  For now though, unfortunately I'll have to put this as my least favorite episode of the season so far.

I was looking forward to the Smooze for awhile, and I wasn't impressed. I doubted he was going to be a purple blob that made ponies grumpy, but I didn't even like him then. I didn't care for Tree Hugger either. I'm not a fan of Fluttershy. The only good thing about this episode was Discord's house and when he almost through Tree Hugger in a different dimension (seeing the inside of that dimension more specifically.) Other than that, it was boring. Sorry, but I didn't like it. 

(edited)

Wonderful Episode! I loved it!

Pinkie Pie broke the fourth wall...not only broke it but she grabbed onto it and shook it lol, That really REALLY amazing joke by maud! "your the most basic of jokes" LULZ!

Plus the solid snake referance from metal gear.

This was an amazing episode. A great episode to show to newcomers to the fandom too!

Wonderful Episode! I loved it!

Pinkie Pie broke the fourth wall, That really REALLY amazing joke by maud! "your the most basic of jokes" LULZ!

Plus the solid snake referance from metal gear.

This was an amazing episode. A great episode to show to newcomers to the fandom too!

Edited by Twilight Frost
  • Brohoof 3

Discord in this episode was not hostile towards her, but Fluttershy was "cold" in explaining to him the moral of the episode.

I didn't see it that way.

Discord was a jealous fool due to his inexperience with friendship, and he threatened to throw Fluttershy's new friend into another dimension just because of his jealousy. 

He was acting way out of line, and Fluttershy was 100% justified in being angry with his behaviour.

I don't even think she acted cold, it was more like she was stern. Like a parent telling off a bratty child.

That's how I saw it. And as soon as Discord apologized, everything was ok again. 

• Brohoof 1

I didn't see it that way.

Discord was a jealous fool due to his inexperience with friendship, and he threatened to throw Fluttershy's new friend into another dimension just because of his jealousy. 

He was acting way out of line, and Fluttershy was 100% justified in being angry with his behaviour.

I don't even think she acted cold, it was more like she was stern. Like a parent telling off a bratty child.

That's how I saw it. And as soon as Discord apologized, everything was ok again. 

>_> ....
Spit it out Luffy. You're the Fluttershy's lawyer...pff....You and your damn beanie-hat.
You know? yeah, I guess you're right. I agree with what you wrote....Maybe mine was only an impression.. and maybe I tried just a little "sadness" for the character of Discord. He seemed to me so pathetic in this episode.
  • Brohoof 1

I would have, except that she was flying quite well just a short time before it:

sig-3766153.896268__safe_twilight%20spar

Wow, look at Twilight flap those and hover perfectly! I didn't catch this when watching the episode! This animation, and the scene in general, looks really pretty!

Actually, most winged ponies don't fly like this, She is doing it so casually; usually I only see Rainbow Dash casually hovering like that. Fluttershy and background pegasi are hardly ever depicted hovering like that.

(edited)

:umad: : I heard they haven't caught the pony that ate the Cake family, because I see Pinkie Pie over there.

:umad: : One time I told Rarity that her make up was running, because I gave them legs and told them to escape.

:umad: : Rainbow Dash's biggest secret is that she uses a prism hidden in her tail to make a rainbow. Don't ask me where the boom comes from.

:umad: : How does an Apple unscrew a light bulb? They kick the wall until it falls.

Edited by Singe

did Discord really need to learn the lesson of it being ok to have multiple friends? I'm starting to wonder, what with his calling Twilight his friend, in "Three's a crowd", truly gaining her (and the other mane 6's) friendship in the s4 finale, also thinking that he had Tirek's friendship, and above all, Fluttershy's.  He seems to be acquiring more friends, but yet he needed to be taught that Fluttershy can have more friends than him? (and why doesn't he get jealous when Fluttershy is with the rest of the mane 6, who are also her friends? or her animal friends?)

seems backwards, to me.

All of Discord's friends (aka the mane 6) are Fluttershy's friends too, which makes it different. In this case Fluttershy had a totally random new friend that wasn't Discord's friend, and he felt bad because he had plans to go to the Gala with Fluttershy and she "rejected" him because of Treehugger. That's an understandable reason to think you're friendship is over if you have no social intelligence (like Discord).

• Brohoof 1