Did you like it?  

295 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Discord was forced at the start and psychologically manipulated into taking Fluttershy on as a friend to keep him under control.

• Brohoof 1

I thought it was interesting that they had an episode that focused on a character outside of the Mane Six,,CMC, or even Spike.

Discord got his own episode while Princess Celestia and Princess Luna have never had their own episode.

You know Discord would totally be rubbing this fact in the Princesses faces. :umad: . 

• Brohoof 2

Finally got to see it.

I felt the episode was rather relatable in a way to some people. It may be true that its difficult to let go of clinging to one friend when you feel you dont know anyone else that well. Its nice to see a continued style where the concepts still relate to us people. 

Tree Hugger just screamed hippie from the mere mention of her name. I thought that she could do with a little more depth and a little less stereotype. Discord's awkwardness wasnt too pleasant to watch either. 

Seriously Hasbro? You had to steal Snake's box and exclamation mark? Well, at least you left the alert tone behind. Still....all the pop culture references. 

Also, it seems like Celestia is becoming more Trollestia now. She specifically invites characters that cause trouble to the Gala to, "make things more lively." Something about this just says how she likes to troll, or just dislikes the Canterlot folk that much to attempt to "spice up" every Gala.

But overall, I found it fine. Not as special as the others, but still good. 

• Brohoof 2

You know, I'm not sure whether to be disappointed or refreshed that the crusaders got to go to the gala, and didn't cause any trouble whatsoever. Are they really maturing, or are they still laying low after the Troubleshoes episode? :lol:

Also, Rainbow and Scootaloo dating is now canon :umad:

• Brohoof 1

I must say this episode is one of my top five episodes, it was awesome. Discord is a card, and I loved the stand-up act he did, there was a Gallager joke, and others. Also the metal gear solid act that they did, when pinkie pie knew he was in the box. Awesome show hope they keep them coming.

I was on Discord's side throughout the episode even though I shouldn't have been. xD I just don't like Tree Hugger. In my opinion, she's kinda strange. ;u;

I thought Discord was a punk throughout the episode and he yet again backtracked from his supposed reform. I'm still not really over what he pulled in the season 4 finale with Tirek. Talk about easily forgiven.

(edited)

I think this episode only added fire to the flames of Fluttercord. I don't ship them- but I can understand why some people do. I also can't wait to see some of the fan art this episode might force.

Edited by Moonaloo

Funny. This episode put a big dent in my ability to like Celestia. And I don't understand why people liked Celestia so much in this episode.

I don't get why people thought Discord's joke about Twilight's flying was so funny and then when Celestia was the only one laughing, so much more. Really, I don't. Mostly because Twilight can fly well enough most of the time, specially when she is saving both of Celestia's and Discord's hides, let alone fighting for all of Equestria when Celestia's plan of taking all their magic and shoving her head in the ground failed so fenomenally and never made sense from the beginning. Celestia came out as an unlikeable troll, just as much as Discord. Him I can understand, but why Celestia?

And then there is Discord going way overboard because he is jealous of Fluttershy, which amuses Celestia. Is this the same Celestia from the season two opener? Discord almost was more of threat in this episode.

The only funny thing for me in this episode was Tree Hugger the rest was a bunch of Smooze's shenanigans and references all over, whichever were funny, but didn't save the episode for me.

Again, I don't get why people liked Celestia so much in this episode. It made me think all the way back to Best Night Ever. In that episode Celestia has the courtesy to not be around enjoying others having their party ruined, and really, nobody threatened sending one of her subjects into another dimension.

Actually, I'm with ya - I hate Celestia in this episode. Just a couple of changed lines would have completely saved this ending, and instead, it's the worst ending to an MLP episode I've ever seen. And Celestia...well, she's in top contention for my least favorite royal character in the show, and that's including the villains. BAD CELESTIA!

Discord upset with the suggestion "maybe we should all go out to dinner sometime", this episode is like a gift to Fluttercord shippers. Discord really does sound like he might have an actual crush on Fluttershy here.

I was confused about Discord's response. :o "Have you no heart"? What was that supposed to mean?

Oh, also,

Did anyone else recognize the Rodney Dangerfield reference? (Or it could be an Aladdin reference)

"Tough crowd!"

Was Discord friendzoned by Fluttershy?

I'm not sure if he was, or not.

When you're a villain who's threatened the lives of everyone on multiple occasions, the "friendzone" is a good place to be. It's all he wants.

Honestly not seeing the problem with Celestia.
She has a fun and playful side to her, and we've seen it come through several times in the show before.

This was 100% in character and the people whining don't know what they're on about.
At least, to me.

• Brohoof 3

I cringed ALOT watching this episode (The whole extreme jealosy/embarrasing/awkward stuff discord did at the gala did that to me) but I still enjoyed it, and The Smooze was something new too which I liked ^^ (I smell a whole new wave of OC coming soon to a thead near you  :comeatus: )

I cringed ALOT watching this episode (The whole extreme jealosy/embarrasing/awkward stuff discord did at the gala did that to me) but I still enjoyed it, and The Smooze was something new too which I liked ^^ (I smell a whole new wave of OC coming soon to a thead near you :comeatus: )

Yeah, it was pretty cringeworthy at times, but not too bad. I really enjoyed the episode, despite the really bad standup and the exaggerated jealousy. I think it would have been better with a bit of action, or a little more of a threat. Like, if Discord actually HAD thrown TreeHugger into another dimension and had to go save her.

It was waaay better than "Tanks for the memories"... >_>