Did you like it?  

295 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

And people are gonna ship Pinkie with the Smooze and Celestia's a sociopath.

Nah, Trollestia just do what Trollestia do. :bedeyes:  Don't believe me?  Just read her 'Ask Trolly' thread (and while you're at it, ask her a question, she's lonely  :().

https://mlpforums.com/topic/49944-ask-princess-trollestia/

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well I didn't really like this episode, but I guess it's because it's not my style of humor...

The only thing I really liked was Tree Hugger, she's such a great character!

But Discord was terrible and unfunny, he was so much better in the previous seasons... :/

Also Celestia was trolling again, overall the episode was a bit senseless.

And that naked Rarity moment...ugh...

Easily in my bottom 5 episodes, sorry. ;p

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Really good episode. The Smooze didn't get bad treatment after all. We see a new character. Maud returns. And we even get to see how Discord handles jealousy.

Edited by Asbel Lhant
  • Brohoof 2

I liked this episode, funny to see the sock puppet dimension. Felt sorry for Discord though, I think most of us can relate to how he felt. So yeah, it was a good episode and great to see Maud in it. Not to mention funny seeing Pinkie Pie shaking well I'm guessing the camera. It was an interesting episode, I liked it.

• Brohoof 1

Darn. This episode is absolutely well-written. Another life lesson learned. Don't be too overreacting if you feel like your friends abandoning you.

And that puppet scene sort of scarred my memories. Augh.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm at a loss as to give this episode a 3 or 4 out of 5. There were some things I liked, the pony Treehugger although I can picture people shipping her with Fluttershy now. Twilight had her mane up and looked nice. Seeing Discord was cool as well as Maude. The puppet scene was so random I laughed really hard.

However some things bothered me. Spike was left out in the beginning when Twilight left to go help plan the Gala and it only took a small amount of ooze to make Princess Celestia's magic not work?! I can understand how Twilight might have trouble but to see someone as powerful as Celestia struggle is strange to me.

I couldn't really feel the excitement of the Gala like in the past episodes. I think I may have to give this episode a 3 out of 5.

Edit: I've reconsidered and gave this episode a 4.

Edited by Seeker Dragonheart
  • Brohoof 2

Oh and that green blob, It's Gak Gak Gak right?

No, silly filly, it's the Smooze! :lol:  Nothing can stop the amazing G1 reference that is G4 Smooze!!!  ^_^

This episode was hilarious! i enjoyed it all the way through!

the metal gear solid reference

the joke on twilights flying

Celestia was very enjoyable

and that other dimension made me burst out laughing

Darn. This episode is absolutely well-written. Another life lesson learned. Don't be too overreacting if you feel like your friends abandoning you.

And that puppet scene sort of scarred my memories. Augh.

A lot of those life lessons tend to be overlooked unfortunately.

I really love the rapid pace of the episode. They made an effort to introduce as many jokes and visual gags as they could possibly fit in, and almost all of them were funny.

Loved it, 10/10, the universe is now complete.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, other than The Cutie Map this is probably my favorite episode of the season. It was jam packed with character development, awesome cameos and great humor. Also, puppet dimension is creepy. 

• Brohoof 2

Maud Pie is literally me. We are the same person.

Real talk though, without mentioning my status as Fluttercord trash, this episode was so funny and cute! I always like seeing new weird critters in Equestria, even moreso if they're callbacks from previous generations. The writers had a lot of fun with the Smooze and so did I. I also appreciate Tree Hugger. She's sweet.

So glad Discord is still kind of a jerk. Love multifaceted characters aaaaaaaaa heart eyes

fluttercord confirmed

Very nice episode. Discord and Fluttershy's character development were great to see, as well as multiple character appearances from Maud, the Smooze, Tree Hugger and Discord. I'm also glad that the GGG made another appearance too. Oh, and I also love how it feels like an episode that deals more with friendship and slice-of-life issues. I don't think we've ever had an episode like that since Castle Sweet Castle.But what made me like this episode a lot is the humour. This is the funniest episode of the Season so far, which is honestly something that this Season needed compared to how some of them are more on the dark or somber side. A lot of these jokes are really nice, from the wordplay to the unexpected references.

This is probably my favourite episode of Season 5 so far aside from The Cutie Map, and is in my opinion the funniest episode of the show. Yeah this episode may be new and I'm being a little biased, but I saw many positives in this episode. I'd love to re-watch it again when I have the chance!  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

That was....AWFUL! 

I knew it was going to be bad, but this is just...What happened to you, Discord? Reduced to nothing more than an outlet to throw in as many pop-culture references as possible (even if they did make me laugh)?

Let's see...the Smooze was a pointless shoutout from a previous generation (and was basically Monster Blood from Goosebumps), Treehugger was annoying (oh, so many people are going to hate me for that) and don't get me started on Discord's cringe inducing antics. 

The only good parts about this episode besides a few references were the dress designs, Maud and Celestia. Keep in mind that this is now the second time Celestia has invited certain guests so the gala wouldn't be a boring snooze-fest like it usually is. 

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I really liked this episode!

Nice humour by Discord and other caracter.

The pace was good enough for me.

the references were great as usual.

The smooze was greatly induced.

The caracter devolepement for discord was really good especially at the end from what he learned

Also, that episode was so random, but in the greatest way possible.

I give it a 9.5/10

Here's my ep pref list so far:

1. A tie beetween Bloom And Gloom and This episode
  2. Cutie Map
  3. Tanks for the memories
  4. Apploosa
  5. Caste sweet castle
Edited by ObliveonVortex
  • Brohoof 1