Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If your friend was bitten by a zombie, what would you do?

Sugar Pea

Depends, if there is a cure around I would obviously use that

If Walking Dead has it right, if they are bitten on the limb, I can chop it off to save them

if they are bitten on the neck, well.. gg?

"Hey, dude, I think there's a PS2 in the ground over there. Check it out plz..."

*stab* *slash*

Because guns would be too noisy. Quick hunting knife to the side of his skull (weakest part and easiest to break through) and he's down.

Depends on the circumstances. There are many things that are needed to be known before an action can be taken.

Can the type of zombie infect others through bites? If no, nothing. If yes:

Does the infection spread quickly or slowly?

Is the bite close to vitals, or further on a limb?

In The Walking Dead, everybody has already been infected with the virus. It only comes into effect when the host dies. Therefor, a bite would not necessarily equate to death. Although it is treated like bites cause deaths, and have correlated with deaths in the series, the virus isn't the cause. Deaths occur due to unrelated general infections to exposed wounds, leading to sickness and death. This is why characters have turned without being harmed by a zombie, and likewise have not turned during scenarios where they are in contact with zombie blood.

The opposite effect is shown is series such as Resident Evil, and 28 Days Later. The former can have anywhere from slow to rapid zombifying, whilst the latter has the effects happen almost instantly. In a Resident Evil scenario, removing the infected area of a minor bite can be enough to save the person. But in a 28 Days Later scenario, there is no hope for the infected as by the time you notice they've been bitten, they're already turning completely.

If my friend(or an infected person in general) was able to be saved from infection, then I'd likely do what is needed to remove it assuming I had the opportunity. But more importantly would be knowing the conditions of the infection so as to not remove a limb for no reason, or approach the person to help, only to be infected myself by their quick change.

• Brohoof 1

If they were bitten on a limb, cut it off and hope they don't turn. If they do, well.. put the out quickly. Nobody would want to know they were going to turn into a zombie, at least they would know they wouldnt be causing anybody harm and would have their soul at peace.

Eh well since I wouldn't know for sure if he/she would turn into a zombie, I'd just wait. If it was certain that a bitten person becomes a zombie well I'd just kill the person.

Humanly and cleanly put him down by smothering him in his sleep. Then burn his corpse, and carry his ashes with me in a can (or an urn if I can find one)

or If I can, Cut off the bitten limb without killing him.

Edited by Times & Shadow
  • Brohoof 1

well with most zombie law give then one of two options I kill them, like eg shot them or give them a frag grenade, pat them on the back and say "do something useful will ya" cause either way there boned.  

• 1 month later...

Jeez, everyone is going with the "maul them" approach. A good friend and I agreed, as people of science, we would want to be captured and tested on. Yeah, it might sound...painful at first, but with general zombification, your nerves will die out anyway. At least you can be used to help others; maybe even yourself/friend.