Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where do you see yourself moving to?

Moved to Elsewhere

Alaska or North Carolina (girls there are amazing!) in the US and either Honduras, Thailand, or Ireland for outside the US. I still love the Pacific Northwest though. :)

I'm really starting to get my heart set on Austin, TX. Here's why:

1. I've spent 21 years dealing with snow a and ice and sub 30-degree temps in winter, I'm ready to be done with that bologna for a while

2. Being a huge car guy, while I love the looks of Southern California, I can't deal with the yearly smog checks and cops that chew you out for anything that is aftermarket being on your vehicle.

3. I want to go somewhere where the Brony fandom is actually recognized as existing. Here in Kansas, you'd think there never was a 4th gen of MLP, so few people know about us it's not even funny. There's no meetups, and the only place to buy merch is a Hot Topic if you're lucky enough to find one out here. Austin, on the other hand, is a bit more quirky, so I could probably find a group of guys to watch ponies with and a comic shop that carries the IDWs.

I wouldn't move from Oregon xD I love every little thing about it!

But if I could I would have a house in different states so I wouldn't be in the same place all the time.

If I were to stay in Canada, I'd switch coasts and move to St. John's, Newfoundland, which has more pubs per capita than any other major city in North America.

If I were to leave Canada, I'd live in Scotland, preferably Inverness.

One of my life goals is to move from Australia to France.

Considering I know quite a bit of French (and still learning), the language wouldn't be a problem.

If not France, then The Netherlands or Denmark.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've moved around a lot already. Fourteen different homes, two different countries. I settled down six years ago with the intend of raising a family and I have. My wife is no longer around, but I am contend raising my little girl by myself for the next two decades.

After that, I don't know. Maybe the winds will pick up again.

Edited by Trickilee
  • Brohoof 1

Idyllwild, California

or

Anaheim, California

I lived in Idyllwild for a while. There's a lot of crazies there. Also, the wealth disparity was staggering.

My "it" place is Austin Texas. I have a buttload of friends there, cost of living is half what it is here, and then I would have to deal with the hippies that live where I do.

If I could live anywhere in the world without consideration to money, it would be Vancouver. It's like a much nicer, cleaner San Francisco, without the hills, and the street grids aren't ridiculous.

(edited)

If I were to move to the US, I'd either move into Churro's or Pinkeh's house. :3 If it was somewhere else in the US, I'd probably not have anybody to really talk to because I'd probably get lonely quickly and stuff... Other targets would possibly be UK, Japan, Australia and possibly Norway/Sweden (I like cold weather :3)

Edited by Cake Senpai

(edited)

I'm going straight to Hell !!! (at least if that exists. If not... oh well, not going anywhere, then)   :blink: 
Before that happens, I won't leave my precious hometown in Siberia, because it's the best place for me to live in  :lol:

Edited by ShadeRover
  • Brohoof 1

Anywhere, where there is forest and freedom, there is nothing I lust for more than liberty and independence. I live in South Carolina, but I am from Texas, yet I have travelled the world, and I have met some nice people, I hope to meet people like that again, as I pursue my quest for independence, I want to go back to Texas, in the wooded side of the state, but that is what I like about South Carolina, the immense wilderness. Overall, I wish to move to a cosy, two story brick house, surrounded by trees, on my own, perhaps with a few friends, they don't have to Bronies, but if they were then better still, moreover, I wish to share my existence with more people outside my family, my soul too large to be kept away from good people, for home is where the heart is, and any place that can let me express my humanity is a my Eden.

After I finish my two year degree which I am in a process of working towards currently. I do know I want to move away somewhere. I am kind of getting tired of living in North Carolina and being in the south all my life practically. 

I honestly do not know where I would like to go at the time being however places like Socal, Chicago, or even along the coast maybe like Charleston, SC.

Those are some places that have popped into my mind. I am still pondering on where I would like to move though. 

Certainly somewhere up Northeast, like Vermont or Maine. Where the climate is cooler and less prone to severe thunderstorms and tornadoes.

You're talking my language.  I live in Deathtown with non-stop thunderstorms.  It's ruining my life.  My family and I are planning to move back to southern California in about a year.  (Never should have left)  So, if all goes well, I won't have to live in the Pit of Tartarus much longer.  Thank Celestia.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

You're talking my language.  I live in Deathtown with non-stop thunderstorms.  It's ruining my life.  My family and I are planning to move back to southern California in about a year.  (Never should have left)  So, if all goes well, I won't have to live in the Pit of Tartarus much longer.  Thank Celestia.

To be honest, Southern California doesn't sound any better with its earthquakes. I mean, were there to be a bad one, you wouldn't get any warning whatsoever.

The Northeast is really the only place for me.

Edited by Envy

Someplace around my dads photoschool in either Indonesia or Mali.

To be honest, Southern California doesn't sound any better with its earthquakes. I mean, were there to be a bad one, you wouldn't get any warning whatsoever.

The Northeast is really the only place for me.

Everybody is terrified of Southern California for that reason.  Well, I lived there for 23 years and nothing bad ever happened.  I think there were two quakes in that time, and nothing was ever damaged.  I guess the news makes it sound like that's all California is.  Earthquake country.  But earthquakes don't come every god damn day.  Yeah, they can do more damage than thunderstorms, but repairing some damage once or twice in your life sounds much better.  I mean, a couple years ago, we had a hail storm that broke most of our car windows, so... 

But the northeast sounds really nice, except that we hate snow as well, so that's out.  Plus everyone we know is back in Cali, and we want to be close to friends and family again.  Nowhere is perfect.  There's gonna be something bad anywhere.  We've looked at the entire country, and the quake risk is the best option.  (I think I'm going on and on about it because I'm trying to convince myself that it's the right move.  :S)  But we can't live in the Pit of Tartarus, that's for damn sure.