Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where do you see yourself moving to?

Moved to Elsewhere

I don't see myself moving anywhere right now, because my life here in Bremen is pretty swell.

If i had to move somewhere, i would move to San Francisco to be with LZRD WZRD. But he would do pretty much the same. <3

(edited)

I'm fine where I live, but if I had to move, that would be Canada. It looks like a peaceful country.

Edited by Blobulle

Interesting that people take natural disasters into consideration. For me, I don't take much consideration because how often is that going to happen? Like I'm pretty sure places like California rarely get a city destroying earthquake otherwise LA would be gone by now. The only one I take into consideration are hurricanes since I hear horror stories about those most often.
  • Brohoof 2

Another place I could see myself moving to would be Denmark...... the best system is there..... especially for education..... The government pays for you to be in university... no need to take student loans  :catface: 

• Brohoof 1

Everybody is terrified of Southern California for that reason.  Well, I lived there for 23 years and nothing bad ever happened.  I think there were two quakes in that time, and nothing was ever damaged.  I guess the news makes it sound like that's all California is.  Earthquake country.  But earthquakes don't come every god damn day.  Yeah, they can do more damage than thunderstorms, but repairing some damage once or twice in your life sounds much better.  I mean, a couple years ago, we had a hail storm that broke most of our car windows, so... 

But the northeast sounds really nice, except that we hate snow as well, so that's out.  Plus everyone we know is back in Cali, and we want to be close to friends and family again.  Nowhere is perfect.  There's gonna be something bad anywhere.  We've looked at the entire country, and the quake risk is the best option.  (I think I'm going on and on about it because I'm trying to convince myself that it's the right move.  :S)  But we can't live in the Pit of Tartarus, that's for damn sure.

And that's where we differ. The area is prone to earthquakes. Just like where I live is prone to tornadoes. Just because I've never actually had a tornado hit anywhere near my house still doesn't mean that it is at all smart to live here.

Although there are other reasons I wouldn't be able to stand living in Southern California. I would hate the climate. I have to have four seasons!

It's a pretty place to visit... As I did once, but never could I ever imagine living there.

Interesting that people take natural disasters into consideration. For me, I don't take much consideration because how often is that going to happen? Like I'm pretty sure places like California rarely get a city destroying earthquake otherwise LA would be gone by now. The only one I take into consideration are hurricanes since I hear horror stories about those most often.

Yeah.  I mean, quakes are a very, very rare occurence.  Once every 20 years.  Maybe.  And it's rare for them to do much damage in CA.  The only place where you hear about quakes that sink entire cities into the ground is Japan.  And the quakes cause tsunamis there as well.  'canes and 'nadoes on the other hand are basically a guaranteed annual occurence in some parts of the US.  And see, my family and I hate "seasons" as well.  We want no-season CA again.  So, we'll just accept the quake risk.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Honestly, I love where I live in central IL.  But, if after college, I could move to Ohio, or if Rivvy moved to Illinois... Or, hmmm, we could settle in the middle, and move to Indiana... 

Anywho, I like where I live.  But, I think it'd be cool to visit a place like Norway, Sweden, Romania, Germany, or Italy.  Just visit though, not move to.  Haha.  :lol: 

~ Miles

Edited by Miles

Who knows how much of the island will be left after sea level rise. Apart from English, I can also speak Dutch and Spanish which does give me a lot of options (Dutch is also proving to be giving me a head start with learning nordic languages apparently).

Who knows if Paramaribo, Suriname could be viable. It is the place where my paternal grandmother was born and my father's relatives live there. Questions remain about the social, political and economic environment over there.

If there's one country I've been thinking about moving to, it'd be Iceland. Some people tell me there's nothing to do there and it's boring but in an age of increasing chaos and disruption, I think I'd prefer boring. Iceland just seems so peaceful. The climate is also relatively narrow when it comes to temperature fluctuations and that's also a plus. The violent crime there is so abysmally low, the BBC wrote an article on just that topic. Fancy that. People are far more likely to kill themselves than being killed by somebody else (relatively speaking of course). The most difficult thing that I'm going to need to adjust to is its solar cycles. I currently live near the equator so a summer solstice is but a slight deviation in the angle of the sun at high noon. The sun always sets before 8 PM over here. The cycles of solar flux is definitely what's going to give me the hardest time when it comes to living in Iceland.

I'm pretty content with where I'm at. With its exceptionally well-handled social security and education systems, coupled with socialized healthcare, Finland is a great place to be and I couldn't honestly see myself living anywhere else. If circumstances forced my hand, and I had no choice but to move out, I suppose I'd pick Canada, as it is very similar to my homeland in many ways.

• Brohoof 1

I would move to one of these places in the future for sure since where I live, I'm a bit tired of living in a hot and dry desert for most of the year. Either Canada, Seattle, Somewhere near the coast at California, or some where else. I would probably prefer to stay in the U.S. ,but I haven't really "explored" the U.S. and know what each state is like so I might move somewhere other then I listed. 

I will probably have to move to Florida for my career I want to pursue.  I would want to live out in the countryside away from the cities there.

I don't see myself moving very far away, if it all. Most likely in the city north of where I live now, into an apartment. That's actually what I have been planning on doing for a while, just kinda stuck right now. Honestly that would be paradise for me. Been living in the same town for over half of my life and I think I need to leave it behind. Hopefully that happens at some point. Anything long distance would most likely never happen though.

After visiting San Francisco this year, I found out I love it and I want to move there. It is like I can see myself living there for the rest of my life.

I'd move somewhere rural. Out in the middle of nowhere, in a peaceful place. Preferably somewhere in the mountains, or somewhere surrounded by trees. 

Well, I honestly have no idea at first I was thinking Canada or living where I'm at. Though I've been thinking more about moving to Texas or even Alaska. So yeah I think Texas, somewhere nice and remote.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would love to move to Europe some day. :) I'm not sure where exactly, but I would love to be surrounded by all that culture and history and languages ^_^. Plus the US isn't all that great of a place to live in >_>

This was outdated xP. I'm moving to Washington DC next fall!

Edited by Loightwing
  • Brohoof 2

It would be my dream to live in sweden one day :)

I don't like big cities, so I would probably live in a small town ~15.000 people (l like this size, it's not a villige where everypony knows everypony, but it's not a huge, polluted city)

Or, one thing that I could also imagine would be having a small hut close to the forests with a garden where I plant my own stuff that I live from. Peace and quite, a lot of nature, I could go walking around all the time ♥

• Brohoof 1