Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The book in question gives the answers you're looking for. Amy Keating Rogers or someone also repeated that info on Twitter, which suggests it's canon to the show. I even heard (not sure if true) that the book's author was given the info by the show staff.

(edited)

Not really as some of these examples are not plot holes to begin with in the first place, and other times the information is provided in secondary materials with very little in the ways of contradicting the show.

The elements of harmony are more than just the actual artifacts itself, and dragging Twilight's crown into the human world introduced the magic of the other elements into the word in the process as far as EqG is concerned. Not really plot hole given that things may operate differently in an alternate dimension as well.

My next example would be exclusively in The Crystal Empire, when Princess Celestia told twilight she needed to retrieve the heart alone. Why? If Twilight and Spike had listened, the entire crystal empire and the mane 6 would all be slaves of an oppressive tyrant. 

Celestia never said that in the first place as that was Twilight's interpretation concerning the matter altogether, and Celestia left the terms of the test rather vague aside from the you and you alone part. Celestia turned out to be right though as it was ultimately Twilight's decision that more or less saved the empire by sending Spike to deliver the Crystal Heart.

That's simply Celestia being exceedingly incompetent as she has been since A Canterlot Wedding. 

Not really. Celestia has been pretty capable as ruler even since A Canterlot Wedding, and she was played The Crystal Empire situation pretty well even if her plans were more or less gambits. That is just the type or leader she is, and that is why she has been sucessful as a leader as she knows how to delegate.

She may have some questionable calls in Twilight's Kingdom, but her options were rather limited given Discord'a betrayal, nor does making mistakes along the way make her any less of a leader as she was acting with limited information as far as Tirek is concerned.

Edited by UnknownFry

I have this tendancy to make extreme headcannons subconsciously... As fast as a plot hole or something like it it feels like I already have fixed it in my head in some way :P

So don't be suprised if I randomly just fill in a plot hole or something with some random little story :P

It really depends, honestly. If they're rather small, and the rest of the episode is of good quality, than I can easily ignore it. But if they're giant and painfully obvious to the point where it drains the episode, then it bugs me :P