Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where Foals Actually Come From

WriteCodes46

I am not opposed to human sexual intercourse. I am opposed to human sexual intercourse depicted with horses. (I am also not opposed to horses mating naturally, unless someone posts a video of it for erotic purposes.)

And Wikipedia is an unreliable source. Per that definition, ponies having sex with anything except humans, but including neanderthals, would not be considered bestiality. Here we are being a bit flexible with the definition of the word to fit the context.

Very well if Wikipedia wont suffice then how about from the source.

zoophilia

[zoh-uh-fil-ee-uh]

noun
the state of being zoophilous.
Psychology. an abnormal fondness or preference for animals.
Origin of zoophilia

1895-1900
1895-1900; zoo- + -philia
Dictionary.com Unabridged

Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2015.

bestiality

[bes-chee-al-i-tee, bees-]

noun, plural bestialities.
brutish or beastly character or behavior; beastliness.
indulgence in beastlike appetites, instincts, impulses, etc.
an instance of bestial character or behavior.
sexual relations between a person and an animal; sodomy.

Right from the horses mouth so to speak.
  • Brohoof 3

And Wikipedia is an unreliable source. Per that description, ponies having sex with anything except humans, but including neanderthals, would not be considered bestiality. Here we are being a bit flexible with the definition of the word to fit the context.

Wikipedia is an unreliable source for word definitions?  Okay, let me see if there's any other site that could possibly provide definitions...

From The Free Dictionary.com:

post-26550-0-70622500-1431756783.png

From Merriam-Webster:

post-26550-0-37621400-1431756792.png

post-26550-0-14066200-1431756794.png

Zoophilia / bestiality are concerned with cross-species sexual interest or interaction.  From a uniquely human perspective; likely since we're the only creatures on this planet that fill books with words.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Because my words are starting to fall on deaf ears:

Per that definition, ponies having sex with anything except humans, but including neanderthals, would not be considered bestiality. Here we are being a bit flexible with the definition of the word to fit the context.

And because my character is starting to fall apart: I'm a man, of largely liberal stance, and pretty open about sex IRL, but I simply find it inappropriate for the creator of a children cartoon starring horses to state that they canonically reproduce the same as real life mammals.

Edited by WriteCodes46

And because my character is starting to fall apart: I'm a man, of largely liberal stance, and pretty open about sex IRL, but I simply find it inappropriate for the creator of a children cartoon starring horses to state that they canonically reproduce the same as real life mammals.

There's no reason this should effect your or anyone's enjoyment of the show.  Sexual reproduction will never be explicitly depicted in-show.  Ponies, canonically, also use the bathroom, but we'll never see that explicitly depicted either.  If you take issue with one, you had might as well take issue with both.  Because neither is inherently inappropriate; only, perhaps, inappropriate to actually depict in-show.

Let's say Equestria genuinely exists somewhere.  And it is indeed populated by highly intelligent, speech-capable, traditionally-reproducing equines.  Would you still deem it inappropriate?  That they further and preserve their own species by doing what comes naturally?  Would they have any right whatsoever to expect us not to reproduce sexually?

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

There's no reason this should effect your or anyone's enjoyment of the show.  Sexual reproduction will never be explicitly depicted in-show.  Ponies, canonically, also use the bathroom, but we'll never see that explicitly depicted either.  If you take issue with one, you had might as well take issue with both.  Because neither is inherently inappropriate; only, perhaps, inappropriate to actually depict in-show.

Let's say Equestria genuinely exists somewhere.  And it is indeed populated by highly intelligent, speech-capable, traditionally-reproducing equines.  Would you still deem it inappropriate?  That they further and preserve their own species by doing what comes naturally?  Would they have any right whatsoever to expect us not to reproduce sexually?

Going to the bathroom isn't nearly as inappropriate; children do it since they're born. While I wouldn't want depictions of either, and I know they won't happen, I'd still prefer that the show explicitly dissociated itself from the concept of sexual reproduction.

If it actually physically existed somewhere, there's nothing we could do about it, and it wouldn't really matter, but the problem is that a writer, in full control of her "universe", decides to make it that way. And I wouldn't complain if "they" decided to depict our universe with a different method of reproduction. (In fact I just imagined some pony in an alternative dimension having this exact same argument backwards; I would fully support his point too.)

Edited by WriteCodes46

Going to the bathroom isn't nearly as inappropriate; children do it since they're born. While I wouldn't want depictions of either, and I know they won't happen, I'd still prefer that the show explicitly dissociated itself from the concept of sexual reproduction.

If it actually physically existed somewhere, there's nothing we could do about it, and it wouldn't really matter, but the problem is that a writer, in full control of her "universe", decides to make it that way. And I wouldn't complain if "they" decided to depict our universe with a different method of reproduction. (In fact I just imagined some pony in an alternative dimension having this exact same argument backwards; I would fully support his point too.)

I think your parents need to give you the "birds and the bees" talk because you're obviously... something else.

Also, you're taking all of this WAY to far and out of context. You need to take a look at what you're saying. You're mad because sex happens in Equestria? How else will these foals be made? Sex is part of life as much as breathing, eating and pooping is. Its part of life.

You need to understand that being offended by everything and anything isnt the best way to live life. It shouldnt be a big deal, but to you it is and your reasoning why is honestly... dumb.

By the way debating on this site on whether its right or wrong to have sex happening to make more babies in Equestria (but not shown or talked about) isnt going to change what happens in Equestria. Haters gonna hate. And people will make love to make babies.

Sexual reproduction is a perfectly natural and necessary part of our lives.  Neither you nor I would be here were it not for sexual reproduction.  At some damned point, every child had ought to be taught about it; that's why, I assume, things like "sex ed" exist.  Hell, even science classes deal with it.  Children aren't going to care near as much about this subject as you, presumably an adult, seem to care.  It would elicit a giggle or an "ew" before it would ignite debate or cause irreparable damage.

I don't see how it hurts for something biologically fundamental and commonplace to be confirmed and represented in FIM in what ways it has.  It potentially mirrors experiences human children could have had / will have.  In other words: There are kids whose mothers' bellies have swelled over the course of nine months.  Mothers who came home with a newborn baby afterwards.  Wha?  Huh?  What happened?  Did the stork put their mother in the hospital?  How does that explain the swollen belly?  It's an irresponsible parent that outright lies to their child simply to avoid having to answer questions THEY deem difficult or uncomfortable.  Children are curious; their curiosity ought not be punished with nonsense.

• Brohoof 6

I think your parents need to give you the "birds and the bees" talk because you're obviously... something else.

Also, you're taking all of this WAY to far and out of context. You need to take a look at what you're saying. You're mad because sex happens in Equestria? How else will these foals be made? Sex is part of life as much as breathing, eating and pooping is. Its part of life.

You need to understand that being offended by everything and anything isnt the best way to live life. It shouldnt be a big deal, but to you it is and your reasoning why is honestly... dumb.

By the way debating on this site on whether its right or wrong to have sex happening to make more babies in Equestria (but not shown or talked about) isnt going to change what happens in Equestria. Haters gonna hate. And people will make love to make babies.

I know perfectly what sex is, and all the stuff related to it.

I'm displeased that it happens in Hasbro's Equestria (not that I believe there's a real Equestria anywhere). Foals could be made, for example, by the method I showed in the OP. And I do hope Hasbro does something to rectify Lauren Faust's statement.

I know perfectly what sex is, and all the stuff related to it.

I'm displeased that it happens in Hasbro's Equestria (not that I believe there's a real Equestria anywhere). Foals could be made, for example, by the method I showed in the OP. And I do hope Hasbro does something to rectify Lauren Faust's statement.

Why though? Because you're offended by it? Check my signature. 

Also, no one is going to change it, because why would they? Why make it different? What is the goddamn point to complicate things to fit you. To fit what you want and to fit what you think is appropriate? How are you more important than ANYONE else in the world? I would LOVE to know how.

(edited)

Why though? Because you're offended by it? Check my signature. 

Also, no one is going to change it, because why would they? Why make it different? What is the goddamn point to complicate things to fit you. To fit what you want and to fit what you think is appropriate? How are you more important than ANYONE else in the world? I would LOVE to know how.

My complaining here is the same as people who complain about Twilicorn and want it changed back; I'm just expressing my opinions and hopes. I don't pretend the show staff will read this and directly act on it.

Also, I don't think what you say in your signature is necessarily right in all circumstances. Try posting that quote in the comments section here, I bet it would quickly be pointed out to you how insensitive it is in that context.

Edited by WriteCodes46
  • Brohoof 1

You know, since it was confirmed by Faust herself that it is the natural process of mammalian sex, I am actually incredibly happy that FiM did not rely on contrived nonsense like "Babies are delivered by Rainbows!".

Sex is obviously never acknowledged in this show, but they also never acknowledge something as pointless as Rainbow Baby Delivery, which is a good enough middle ground in my book.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I said that because I'd find it pretty weird if EG humans were also born from rainbows, although I wouldn't necessarily oppose to it. And I do have a problem with anthropomorphized horses canonically having sex, because that borders on zoophilia and bestiality.

In that case you should also consider complaining to National Georgraphic and Animal Planet because every now and then they show a documentary with animals having sex which is bestiality according the logic you just used here. Hell why not also complain to Oscar Meyer? Hot dogs do look suspicious phallic after all, and some flowers look suspiciously like vaginas if you squint hard enough so get on that phone and computer because you have a lot of customer service departments to contact. You have to make the world safe for "morality" after all.

Sexual depictions in the show are the least of my concerns. The difference here is that cartoons with humans imply that they reproduce the same as real humans, which to a kid may very well be the stork story, or whatever his parents judged was best to tell him. But here you have Lauren stating how exactly ponies reproduce. Imagine a kid decides to search for things about MLP on the internet and comes across Lauren's comment, he may then search for mammalian reproduction on Wikipedia and be psychologically scarred. Or, he may have already had sex explained to him, but to find that the ponies from the cartoon he watches canonically do it may be too upsetting for him.

There is a rather unfortunate risk of kids running into any kind of rule 34 not just clop and a statement by Lauren Faust that you actually have to look for to find isn't going to make kids more likely to find clop. If I was a kid and saw that statement and I wouldn't read too much into it and I didn't know much at all about sex at the time. I just knew that women got pregnant, though I didn't know the details as to how that was the case and that the stork and other stories used to lie to kids were bullshit.

The problem is anthropomorphized horses having sex, which is equivalent to human sexual intercourse, but with horses. That's rather zoophilic to say the least. Actual horse mating is far different from that.

The general process is the same insert penis into vagina, expel semen inside of womb and make a baby.The difference of course being that since ponies have human level intelligence and have been shown to have similar views on romantic relationships in the show than they probably approach sex itself in a similar manner as humans do. Horses only mate when they are in heat but I suspect that ponies also go through a heat can probably do it year around.

Edited by Darth Bane
  • Brohoof 2

My complaining here is the same as people who complain about Twilicorn and want it changed back; I'm just expressing my opinions and hopes. I don't pretend the show staff will read this and directly act on it.

Also, I don't think what you say in your signature is necessarily right in all circumstances. Try posting that quote in the comments section here, I bet it would quickly be pointed out to you how insensitive it is in that context.

but there's a difference between the fact that ponies have sex to make babies and some actual horrible shit. My signature fits perfectly here, in this situation. If you don't like how it is DON'T think about it. Pretend its not happening. Pretend ponies get them from a seagull in the sky if you bothers you so much (though it shouldn't). Your complaining is VERY annoying. And your ignorance is VERY annoying.

(Also who is Twilicorn)

Your complaining is VERY annoying. And your ignorance is VERY annoying.

(Also who is Twilicorn)

How long have you been around the fandom? If you stick around a bit longer you'll find larger and far more annoying shitstorms.

And I think I went through the stages of grief last night, and I'm finally coming to terms with it. I still don't like it, but I'm willing to tolerate it, as long as it's never even hinted at in the show. I'd still be pleased if they retconed it though.

How long have you been around the fandom? If you stick around a bit longer you'll find larger and far more annoying shitstorms.

And I think I went through the stages of grief last night, and I'm finally coming to terms with it. I still don't like it, but I'm willing to tolerate it, as long as it's never even hinted at in the show. I'd still be pleased if they retconed it though.

Also, I just came to this site after leaving facebook :)

Well, at least there's change. Its a kid's show so they will most likely not do that.

@@WriteCodes46,

You know its true, yet you think just hearing they had their kids is bad? Oh dear celestia, i'm sorry to see this. But i will be harsh and say this:

Ponies in the show do have their conception, but not as g3 stated; they reproduce the same way real horses do, there's no way around it. If you can't agree to disagree; then we might as well have the is topic locked to save whatever sanity we have left. 

• Brohoof 6

@@WriteCodes46,

If you can't agree to disagree; then we might as well have the is topic locked to save whatever sanity we have left.

Praise jeebus someone had the balls to say it.

I swear this is just dumb, Faust said ponies have sex, the fact that the Cakes had babies at the hospital implies they had sex, the fact that gender exists in Equestria means there is sex. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't there.

• Brohoof 6

Fine, I do agree to disagree. I was just shocked by that information, but I've pretty much come to terms with it.

Praise jeebus someone had the balls to say it.

That's just backseat moderating.

Fine, I do agree to disagree. I was just shocked by that information, but I've pretty much come to terms with it.

That's just backseat moderating.

What's so shocking about conception? Its a part of life, its not like they're going to have them show the kids what goes on. But the kids usually find out later from they're parents what the truth is. So really, there was no issue with the show.

• Brohoof 1

It's usually been pretty a pretty obscure fact how foals are actually conceived in the MLP universe. However, digging up on the older cartoons, I actually found this piece of world-building, in Newborn Cuties nonetheless (which is the immediate predecessor of Friendship is Magic). Foals aren't just delivered by a stork. In fact, they appear when 2 magic rainbows miraculously overlap after a storm. Then a new foal comes down gently to the world. (Skip to 3:48 if you can't tolerate the whole thing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edNyGByWBYs

(WARNING: Contains Rainbow Dash always dressing in style (though she does begin to exhibit some G4 personality!)) Now, it may be reasonable to think the process may differ slightly in G4 universe (and totally so in Equestria Girls), but unless clearly overridden by canon (and by that I mean the show showing a different method of conception), it's safe to assume it works pretty much like this. I decided to post this, because the subject of where foals come from has been invoked in other threads, and now we have a base to use in those arguments. Plus it's fun piece of canon to know.

Why? my night MARE s are now full of fuel *yay*