Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Will Happen If/When Celestia Dies?

Grtxkkyz

I see a Weekend at Bernie's situation, with Luna and Twi desperately working Celestia's corpse with strings like a puppet to keep Equestria in the dark.

• Brohoof 1

I would assume that either one of the other 3 (or 6 depending on when she dies) alicorns would take over.

It was shown that Twilight, when given Celestia's power can bring up the sun, so if Celestia were to die of old age, or any other non-sudden death, she would name a sucessor. And also due to how her power is magical, she most likely has an heir nammed and will transfer her power to that heir should she die.

So there would be largescale mourning, a massive royal funeral, and then the world would continue as normal.

Unless she died in some invasion or something, in which case Equestria's moral would be broken and they would sucumb to the invaders.

Or rather than dying, what if Alicorns instead ascend to a higher plane of existence, like Jedi becoming Force ghosts, Master Oogway ascending, or the UrSkeks at the end of The Dark Crystal?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Celestia doesn't die. It's a kid's show and she can't get old or get killed. If she did somehow, Luna would become The primary leader along with Discord.

Edited by V .
  • Brohoof 1

If Luna and celestia are immortal, are all princesses or alicorns?

I like the idea that celestia needs new princesses to stay youthful...someone mentioned it on the first page.

(edited)

Obviously, Luna would take over, see that it's too much for her, cuts Equestria in 6 parts, and hand over rule to the Mane 6.

Is that not sort of what happened in Fallout: Equestria? And look how that turned out...

If anything, Luna will probably rule with the help of the M6. Celestia did it for 1,000 years, so why can't Luna? Except forever, but let's forget about that tiny detail.

However, best troll doesn't just DIE.

Edited by tavitrix

She can't die of old age, but I assume she can be killed by someone else.

See, I thought of that, but I feel that immortal beings, despite being killed, just keep coming back again and again.

Luna would become The primary leader along with Discord.

I don't see Discord coming close to having the trust to rule the nation with Luna, especially after the events of Twilight's Kingdom.

See, I thought of that, but I feel that immortal beings, despite being killed, just keep coming back again and again.

I don't see Discord coming close to having the trust to rule the nation with Luna, especially after the events of Twilight's Kingdom.

If Celestia did die, she would be born as another pony looking similar to her old self, and then would ascend to alicornship once again, but that would take years.

You know I thought Discord was pretending to be evil so he could thwart the plans of [insert villan's name here] and save Equestria, but you know, dissapointment. A lot of people want him to be a villan again, so he could always lock Luna away and become the ruler of all of Equestria.

(edited)

I have this odd feeling since Twilights coronation....

Maybe Celestia meant her to be her successor.

Also, Luna is probably not that much younger than her sister, so she would die just a few years/decades later.

Edited by YetAnotherDiscord

• 2 years later...
On 4/12/2012 at 2:45 PM, Aureity said:

Erm...trolls don't die. Trust me.

Celestia is not actually a troll. The troll thing is just something fans (and a few haters) have come up with.