Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Ever Hurt Yourself While Playing Video Games?

ShinyRibbonsAndSparkles

So, earlier today I found my brother's old copy of Banjo Kazooie, so I decided I was going to play it for old time's sake. I played it for countless hours, and my hands were cramping quite a bit. Nonetheless, I went to the swamp area and did Mr. Vile's eating challenge. I played it over and over without victory, and after a few times my thumb was throbbing. This was hours ago, and my thumb is still hurting a whole lot. I guess I learned there's a limit to playing.

:lol:

But it was totally worth it, wasn't it?

Ever hurt yourself while gaming? Whether it's something small like hand cramps from extended hours of play, or falling over during games that require you to move your body?

I threw my remote on the ground once when i was playing super smash brothers (Rage Quit!) and it bounced back up and smacked me in the nose. My friend playing beside me laughed so hard, then i threw the remote at him, narrowly missing his head, but i knew he would dodge it. It was still funny though.

Edited by Silver Arrow
  • Brohoof 6

With my old PS2 (the only system I have XD), I was playing video games while my parents were away and decided for some odd reason to swing the controller like a lasso and pretend I was a cowboy.

If you know how bolas work, you will see how this did not end well. X_X

• Brohoof 5

late at night i put my headphones in a jam out to various metal and techno artists whil kickin noobs in halo! By jammin out i mean jumpin and bein really active and singin and gettin really into the musik and the game. needless to say, during my late night jam sessions i have broken 3 toes, tripped over the coffe table about 8 times, spilled countless drinks on the floor, hit my head on the wall, and slipped and fell backwards leaving a massive dent in the wall. all my accidents lately are video game related XD

My friend accidentally threw my Wii Remote into the fireplace.

It was an electric fireplace (thankfully) but stuff could have gotten bad.....

lol ok i pictured that in mah head and im still laughin about it!

and i reminded me of when my stepdad was playin wii bowlin with my lil sis and he swung back and the remote flew from his hand and hit my mom in the forehead who was walkin his way in the hall behind him and she fell flat on her ars...one of the greatest moments evar! my brother also threw a wii remote threw my window....but never a fireplace lol

and i reminded me of when my stepdad was playin wii bowlin with my lil sis and he swung back and the remote flew from his hand and hit my mom in the forehead who was walkin his way in the hall behind him and she fell flat on her ars...one of the greatest moments evar! my brother also threw a wii remote threw my window....but never a fireplace lol

Bahahaha, that's actually exactly

what we were doing when he threw it into the fireplace XD

Bahahaha, that's actually exactly

what we were doing when he threw it into the fireplace XD

on my god no way! XD thats actually kinda epic...wii bowling the greatest game for butterfingers!

You know those warning messages they put in the beginning of games to tell you to wear that strap?

Wise words indeed.....

i honestly never read those before when it say press 2 to continue its lika race to me I HAVE TO BE THE ONE TO PRESS 2 OR WE ALL GONNA FREAKIN DIE!!! but no seriously my heart dtarts racin and i start brethin heavy when that page comes up cuz that s all i wait for XD....yeah.

More times then I'd like to admit... falling out of chairs, controller to the face, carpal tunnel, eye strain- you name it. Gaming can be a very dangerous hobby sometimes... :/

Well I get gamer's rage easily and I swear too much, and the only way I end up hurt is when I swear so loud my dad hears me and throws a shoe at me

• Brohoof 1

I've hurt myself once pretty bad playing Rock band, my friends drum kit I was using, the kick on it broke during a long song and cut my food something good. Well I finished the song, and a few bandages later I was good XD

• Brohoof 1

Shortly after Super Smash Bros. Brawl first came out, I was playing a match against my little sister. She was really good at the game and had been beating the crap out of my other siblings (both older than her). I decided to try something stupid.

She liked to play stock matches with now timer, so I chose Pichu to fight her as Marth. I then proceeded to spend the next 10 minutes running all around Hyrule like a lunatic while taunting obsessively. She was so upset that she actually suicided trying to chase me around the stage.

I wasn't able to finish the match because, at that point, she pulled the power cord out of the Gamecube and started chucking controllers at me. I dodged the first one, but I took the second one right in the face at full power. Mercifully, she didn't throw the Gamecube while I was seeing stars.

• Brohoof 2

I played Modern Warfare 3 once, that hurt pretty badly.

I have in fact managed to smash my face into the Xbox controller on numerous occasions for I seem not to learn from my mistakes.

*Obligatory Nintendo Wii injury* Hit in the face by my loving mother whilst playing Wii tennis.

• Brohoof 1

Mario Party. The original on the Nintendo 64. The games that make you spin the stick rapidly. If you've played it, you know what I'm talking about.

If not: In Mario Party, there are minigames that have you rapidly spin the stick in order to win. In the past, I've rubbed my palm raw playing them uber-hardcorely.

Also, one time, I was playing on the exercise pad for the NES, slipped, and slammed my forehead into the TV stand. Ouch.

• Brohoof 1