Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What happens to the ears?

SolyWack

I have a feeling this questions already been asked, and if it has, threaten me with a sledgehammer but....

What happens to the human ears of the mane six when they turn into their anthro forms?

It would be the weirdest thing ever to have both sets of ears, but its just covered by the hair, but it would also be weird for the ears to disappear and reappear.

Because if you think about it, past a human ear, you pretty much have a hole (obviously its more complicated but bear(or bare, whatever) with me)) going to your brain, so that hole would just fill up?

Also the pony ears in order to not be simlpy cosmetic would need that "earhole" to run from there to the brain, but the receptors are on the side of the head, and the skull takes up to much of the head for the earholes to make it all the way down their.

My science also may not be perfect and this is Realyyyyy sciency for A little girls show.

• Brohoof 2

I think the external ears disappear, but the holes in the side of their heads are left open so they can still hear. The pony ears are purely superficial.

Thats even creepier than anthing i could think of, imagine lifting back the hair and it was just a hole. But i guess nothings impossible in MLP. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Magic.

No, I'm actually serious. Basically, my guess is that the magic that allows them to transforms alters their bodies so their ears are replaced with fully functioning pony ears on the tops of their head, as well as likely slightly altering their head and skulls to make this work. It's the same with Rainbow how she suddenly gains wings, yet they are not only full flesh and blood wings capable of flying, but she instantly knows how to use them.

In short, their ears don't disappear, so much as are moved slightly.

• Brohoof 3

I wondered the same thing. I even watched EG again so I could see when their human ears vanish, only to find out, they're always conveniently covered by their hair when they transform  :lol:

• Brohoof 2

I'm with PoisonClaw, I think that the magic allows the ears to form along with all the internal biology that goes with them, perhaps it also rearranges various lobes in their brains to make the auditory system closer to the tops of their heads. Makes sense to me, especially since the crystal mirror and its receiving portal calculate and calibrate biomimetic magic that transforms whomever enters the singularity. I imagine that when someone steps through the portal, it converts them into energy, sends them through the singularity and the receiving portal converts the energy back into matter as a counterpart species based upon comparative societal factors, evolutionary factors and possibly other factors that we don't know about. The magic of friendship based upon Twilight and the Element of Magic is natively Equestrian, thus when it is channeled through the human mane five, the Element of Magic knows the bearers as their Equestrian selves. I think it serves as another biomimetic magic that transforms them closer to the forms that the Element knows in order to more smoothly allow the other Elements to be channeled through them.

• Brohoof 2

God damnit man why must you think about such trivial things in a kid's show!

However, to answer your question I would say that their human ears simply disappear and they get those pony ones instead.

• Brohoof 1

I'm with PoisonClaw, I think that the magic allows the ears to form along with all the internal biology that goes with them, perhaps it also rearranges various lobes in their brains to make the auditory system closer to the tops of their heads. Makes sense to me, especially since the crystal mirror and its receiving portal calculate and calibrate biomimetic magic that transforms whomever enters the singularity. I imagine that when someone steps through the portal, it converts them into energy, sends them through the singularity and the receiving portal converts the energy back into matter as a counterpart species based upon comparative societal factors, evolutionary factors and possibly other factors that we don't know about. The magic of friendship based upon Twilight and the Element of Magic is natively Equestrian, thus when it is channeled through the human mane five, the Element of Magic knows the bearers as their Equestrian selves. I think it serves as another biomimetic magic that transforms them closer to the forms that the Element knows in order to more smoothly allow the other Elements to be channeled through them.

Excellent Analysis. I never even thought about the portals connection. However, changing where the auditory Receptors are would also change other essential parts of the brain, which is a possibility, but it would mean that when the Humane 6 go anthro, their body structures are also different on the inside, which makes sense

It makes sense that the portal would re-atomize you into the form you would be in an opposite world. Since Ponies are the dominate species in Equestria (although that is a country, not a world), a pony would turn into a human

Also, i can get on board with your idea that the Element of Magic trying to synthesize with the HuMane 6 causes it to change their biology to a more recognizable form, thus the pony ears and longer hair.

• Brohoof 1

lol I love putting the trivialities of this show under the magnifying glass, it allows my inner Twilight Sparkle to come out. :P

Well I might as well shut you in a tree and call it the Firemane Library.

I thought they poofed out of mid air but anything can happen to them. Maybe they just places pony ears on their heads and covered their ears with hair.