Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Thread

EquestriaGuy

Anyone making progress in Alexander Savage? My static had a 1% wipe on A1S last night, so we should be able to get through it tonight. 

The best part of the end game is the obscene difficulty. No one has even come close to beating the final boss in Savage mode yet, and the dungeon has been out for like a month now. Elysium (Death and Taxes + Collision)  will probably be the first, but maybe not for a few more weeks.

Yeah, my group finally cleared A1S a little over a week ago; we were having a lot of scheduling problems for the first 2 weeks  -_-.

And, yes, we had one of those epic 1% wipes. Our bard records our escapades if anyone actually wants to see them (1st clear, 1% wipe). Only had a few tries at A2S so far, but I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of the trash pull boss floor.

Elysium group 1 just got world first A4S. I'd love to see a comparison between WoW mythic world firsts and this one.

And the gobwalker mount flies apparently. That group is crazy good.Well, I suppose all those top end groups are.

Now I really want to hop back into savage... not for the mount or anything (because the ADS mount too stronk), but for that win. 

It has nearly been a year since I've played FFXIV! I decided to drop the game, since I couldn't get a good gaming group and I hate playing MMORPGs solo. I pretty much tanked only, so I had a high level paladin while I was working on warrior. I do miss XIV, and I'm leaning toward coming back, though. If I do, I'm starting from scratch.

Does anyone here have a friendly beginning to endgame group that's open to new members? Playing with randoms that get pissed off from one mistake kinda turned me off from the game. 

• Brohoof 1

It has nearly been a year since I've played FFXIV! I decided to drop the game, since I couldn't get a good gaming group and I hate playing MMORPGs solo. I pretty much tanked only, so I had a high level paladin while I was working on warrior. I do miss XIV, and I'm leaning toward coming back, though. If I do, I'm starting from scratch.

Does anyone here have a friendly beginning to endgame group that's open to new members? Playing with randoms that get pissed off from one mistake kinda turned me off from the game. 

The Main Story Quest rewards 110 gear at level 50 now, so even though you're new, you'll have good gear for Heavensward. As for a static, I can't really tell you where to go, but Behemoth and Gilgamesh are very well populated, so you should be able to find one quickly, and the Party Finder always has something up.

• Brohoof 1

The Main Story Quest rewards 110 gear at level 50 now, so even though you're new, you'll have good gear for Heavensward. As for a static, I can't really tell you where to go, but Behemoth and Gilgamesh are very well populated, so you should be able to find one quickly, and the Party Finder always has something up.

Thanks for the information. I'm glad that gear shouldn't be too much of a problem, thanks to the main questline. I was hoping that a few people on this thread were part of the same free company, but I guess the large variety of servers prevented that. I'm looking into rejoining very soon. The new content looks very exciting. 

Edit: I checked out the monthly subscription fee, and it adds up pretty high, especially compared to my Xbox Live Gold subscription. I have to pay $17 more for the former, and that's only for half a year. For a full year of Xbox Live Gold, I pay less than half a year of XIV.

It may be expensive for me, but I'm sure it's not for others. For those who aren't concerned about the subscription, I hope you enjoy the game, because it's a very enjoyable experience.

Edited by GreySentinel

• 3 weeks later...

I thought this was a pretty brilliant overview of XIV's strengths and how it says basically what I've been saying, that XIV is reliving WoW's golden age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9r34qSyYg0

I just spent the past 2 days gathering the mats for the LOWEST tier of crafting and gathering gear at level 60. There really is no limit to the amount of stuff you can do.

I played for a while, and noped out after leveling the two healing classes and as much crafting as I was able, I kind of noped out. That's after playing World of Warcraft for...Way too long, so it's more that I noped out of MMOs. Also, I end up playing WAY more than is healthy. I got a bit into raiding (I mean come on, who wouldn't be happy with a double healer?) but it was really my love of Final Fantasy that started me in the game in the first place. Overall it was enjoyable, but leveling additional classes was too much of a pain in the ass for me.

Plus, uh... Ponies. >.>

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

The trailer for 3.1 is out.

Personal update. My static is working through the add phase in A3S. It's probably the hardest fight in the xpac, even more so than A4S, so if we can get past this, we're good to go.

• 3 months later...

Looks like 3.2 is coming soon; Along with some changes to vitality on tanks, too. I rejoined on Gilgamesh a while back, and got my Paladin to level 60. My free company has plenty of DPS and heals, so I decided my second main would be another tank. I'm currently deciding between Dark Knight and Warrior.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like my free company ended. :(  It sucks, but it was bound to happen, eventually. If anyone's got a recruiting free company in Gilgamesh, I'll be glad to join. In the meanwhile, I'm gonna get endgame gear for my Paladin and chose my second main. I can't decide between another tank or starting a DPS. 

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

I remember the opening for this game is badass as all hell and it makes me want to play it but I wanna wait until I get a PC for it. MMOs are usually better on PC and I have a friend I'd play it with who wouldn't play it on console for that exact logic.

• Brohoof 1

My XIV thread lives! It LIIIIVES!

Oh man, going through this is like a blast from the kinda recent past. I took a break from the game shortly after my last post, and didn't come back until about a month ago. Since then I've cleared Nidhogg Ex, Sophia Ex, Sephirot Ex, Zurvan Ex, A9S, and A10S, and I'm VERY close to having A11S down.

The Next expansion, Stormblood, is coming on June 20th! We're getting the Red Mage and (probably) Samurai jobs. Here's a couple teasers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2WsEqLzeJo

Dude, what MMO has ever given anyone gear that looks this good? What an absolutely gorgeous game! I'll definitely be taking a week off from work for this xpac, just like the last one.

My XIV thread lives! It LIIIIVES!

Oh man, going through this is like a blast from the kinda recent past. I took a break from the game shortly after my last post, and didn't come back until about a month ago. Since then I've cleared Nidhogg Ex, Sophia Ex, Sephirot Ex, Zurvan Ex, A9S, and A10S, and I'm VERY close to having A11S down.

The Next expansion, Stormblood, is coming on June 20th! We're getting the Red Mage and (probably) Samurai jobs. Here's a couple teasers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2WsEqLzeJo

Dude, what MMO has ever given anyone gear that looks this good? What an absolutely gorgeous game! I'll definitely be taking a week off from work for this xpac, just like the last one.

Destiny outfits look pretty great with the right shaders but that does look pretty sweet. Medieval Dante, anyone? :lol:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Stormblood receives a 9.2 from IGN, which just goes to show how far the series has come under the guidance of Yoshi P from its abominable launch 7 years ago. 

theres also a fairly long and detailed 3 part documentary

and let's not forget the fantastic series from Speakers of Hydaelyn, Remnents of a Realm, and The Fall and Rise of Final Fantasy XIV.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...