Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight and Cadance don't have them and they're both examples of ascended alicorns?

Maybe they just don't like them. There's really no evidence that says that Twilight and Cadance can't have them.

Maybe they just don't like them. There's really no evidence that says that Twilight and Cadance can't have them.

Well it canon twilight Could get one, i think luna and celestia have them because they are moving the sun and moon across the sky,Twilight for the 2 mins she moved the sun her mane went all wavy.

Well it canon twilight Could get one, i think luna and celestia have them because they are moving the sun and moon across the sky,Twilight for the 2 mins she moved the sun her mane went all wavy.

Like celestial wavy? 0-o I don't remember that. 

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

The problem with alicorn OCs is that every new one created devalues the whole concept of the alicorn princesses as being rare and unique. 

The fanfic world is saturated with them, which has the result of making alicorns merely a fourth tribe of pony instead of being something special and aspirational.

Edited by Concerned Bystander

I can't decide what's worse, the fact that he is a alicorn since birth or the fact that he can't use magic.

This one is pretty bad. Luna and Celestia are the only original Alicorns. Now i don't hate him for making an alicorn since my own ponyfied self will eventually be one herself but his backstory is sloppy. Born 4,000 years ago yet still Twilights age? How is that supposed to be show accurate at all. Unable to use magic? Now i'm all forhaving disabilities or a hard time with magic control but unable to use it at all is just unrealistic. He should have remained a peagusas.

This one is pretty bad. Luna and Celestia are the only original Alicorns. Now i don't hate him for making an alicorn since my own ponyfied self will eventually be one herself but his backstory is sloppy. Born 4,000 years ago yet still Twilights age? How is that supposed to be show accurate at all. Unable to use magic? Now i'm all forhaving disabilities or a hard time with magic control but unable to use it at all is just unrealistic. He should have remained a peagusas.

If his horn was broken, then yes, it would make sense. But i do agree its quite stupid.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I currently don't have money to spend to get a good drawing of my Alicorn OC Melody Breeze. But here's what she looks like. She does have a humble backstory:

And I know it's a pony maker, but that's all I can do for now...

melody_breeze_by_pikachu25sci95vt-d6jxrs

@@C. Thunder Dash, I could make you pixel art of your OC for free, if you like. PM me!

Back on topic, I think that it's far worse to have an overpowered pegasus/unicorn/earth pony than a simple alicorn OC. Sadly, a lot of people seem to think, "Well, as long as my OC isn't an alicorn, then it's fine to make him/her ridiculously overpowered!" I have seen several non alicorn OCs who are stupidly overpowered, including a pegasus who could do magic for no reason, a unicorn who defeated both Royal Sisters in a magic contest, and an earth pony Princess who could fly and do magic, but who the owner thought for some reason was excempt from Mary Sue status cuz she wasn't an alicorn.

Edited by Pripyat Pony

This really angers me, because artists lose skill (and sometimes money) to this EVIL THING. The PONY CREATOR is the only thing I hate about the Living Tombstone: PONY CREATOR OCS! You are bad and you should feel bad if you have a pony creator OC. DRAW IT, JEEZ. Or at least ask someone to draw it for you.

I'm sorry but if you feel pony  creator is a threat to your business clearly you are not offering a superior product. Not to mention this is pretty nasty to people who don't have money, don't want to spend money on an OC or can not draw that well. Hell, the person who created Pony Maker actually took it down a while ago because people were REGULARLY messaging them that they "ruined the fandom" and they got harassed so immensely because of people encouraging the mentality that you are encouraging.

Not to mention I don't really feel too sorry for artists losing money that many of them really don't deserve.

Also, someponies like myself for example, offer art for free. Are we stealing business from the artists who offer paid commissions? :okiedokielokie:

And really art is a business. If someone is offering a better service than you for free, you need to find new ways to get competitive. Does Burger King make a public  fiasco whining and telling people they are ruining their business when McDonalds outsells them? Do they shame people for eating there? No. They get competitive.

I find it really exhausting that we live in an age where artists are not treating their business like a business and expecting us to do business with them out of guilt. No sale from me. Especially when a lot of artists are using pirated softwares that they stole and then screaming about art theft.

13: PONY CREATOR IS ONLY USED TO GET AN IDEA OF THE DESIGN. GOT IT?

This really angers me, because artists lose skill (and sometimes money) to this EVIL THING. The PONY CREATOR is the only thing I hate about the Living Tombstone: PONY CREATOR OCS! You are bad and you should feel bad if you have a pony creator OC. DRAW IT, JEEZ. Or at least ask someone to draw it for you.

Yea..... I used up all my artistic skill points in music and writing.

I have, on occasion, used Pony Creator to get a general idea of my characters, I will agree on that much.

Plus, when you have nine (pony) OCs with even more being planned later, it really helps to keep track of who looks like what.

Edited by Mustang D
  • Brohoof 1

I dont mind Pony creator to help get basic colors and such down in fact my first pony OC was made with the pony creator. As long as its not the final be all end off of the OC.

Also I dont mind Alicorn OCs as long as they are done well. Though I have to admit Alicorns probably should stay in Alternate Universes because of cannon.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
(edited)

I get this thread  is old, but could anyone rate my OCs?

Artful Splash is the first one

the second is Sienna Cinnamon

The third is Stellar Heights 

the fourth and fifth are Thunder and Stormy

the sixth is Popcorn 

and the 7th is Arrow-Heart

(the Sienna Cinnamon art belongs to They call me loyalty!) 

IMG_20220710_234439.jpg

1689051619_Cinnamon3.thumb.png.103583bf97ff8e8688e28ac7ea824c4b.png

IMG_20220622_101923.jpg

16576582428055832418851065481633.jpg

16576582935815538139510415084087.jpg

16576583128472555424364045646523.jpg

Edited by Stellar Heights