Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler I'm not a fan of Treehugger

Soldier Surplus

I thought that TreeHugger was a quite refreshing and funny character!

Although, I cannot stand the stereotypes of stoners and hippies... So she sorta bothered me. I'm going to say tat I don't like her :/

I just hate the fact that the stereotype exists in the first place, and that's pretty much all people are seeing/ willing to see about her character.

I agree. 

I feel like the writers just poked fun at stereotypes and that's really all they did with her.

(edited)

Treehugger is basically Hollywood's idea of hippies. By which I mean perpetually stoned out her mind at all time and randomly muttering words like "aura" or "chakra". So yeah, I didn't care for her one bit.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 6

I don't care for her all too much either. This episode also solidified my hatred for Maud Pie as well. Both characters are rather boring and obnoxious.

• Brohoof 3

I don't care for her all too much either. This episode also solidified my hatred for Maud Pie as well. Both characters are rather boring and obnoxious.

dunno how you can call a character who was able to burn Discord with his own joke "boring"

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Despite the way a canon character's displayed, you don't have to see her as such. After all, there are many stereotypes throughout the show and fans both portray these and attitudes that would be considered OOC, by canon standards. Me, I liked the character, but I plan on writing her and she's not gonna be anything like this. I plan on giving her a more serious role. 

I'm not saying you have to like her, but if the only reason you didn't was because of a stereotype, then why not try to change it within the fandom? : P If you're willing, of course.

Edited by x0jackie0x

I personally rather liked Treehugger. Though she does come off as the stereotypical hippie, she also has a way about her that seems that even though she is spouting off the stereotypical jargon, she does seem to know what she's talking about. I laughed my ass off whenever she was onscreen because she reminds me of several people I went to high school with who were just like that.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I wont make no bones about it, i didnt care for her either, this was the most contrived characters this show has ever created. They could used the space to fleash out any number of known background characters and it would have worked just as well

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 2

I like Tree Hugger mainly because she may seem a boring typical stoner/hippie character, but she was entertaining and it's refreshing to see new characters introduced even if they're only secondary characters. I also love her overall design and her attitude and the fact she forgave Discord even though he threatened to throw her into another dimension.

Treehugger is basically Hollywood's idea of hippies. By which I mean perpetually stoned out her mind at all time and randomly muttering words like "aura" or "chakra". So yeah, I didn't care for her one bit.

Treehugger wasn't randomly muttering. She used both words properly.

• Brohoof 3

I really liked Treehugger and i am mostly never bothered by stereotypical characters, as long as these well written. She seems like the kind of pony, that Fluttershy would hang out with and i found it funny that she forgot Discords name.

Seriously, she was far out dude. :P

• Brohoof 5

Yeah, she may be my least favorite minor character to date. Usually the writers give a character a trait or two to avoid making a complete stereotype, but that's not the case with Tree Hugger at all. Even her name reeks of laziness. Besides, the comics have superior hippie ponies in Wheat Grass and Flax Seed.

post-22950-0-89574700-1431910021_thumb.png

post-22950-0-45277300-1431910025_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 6

Seriously, she was far out dude.

Totally far out dude ~ 

Naw, but I actually liked this character a bit. It was really nice to see a different change of personality in this episode. Sure everyone is pushing the "stoner" stereotype on this character but just because her personality is like this does not mean she is a "stoner". You could view her as a sorta "gypsy/free-spirited" type of person. But all in all she was not a bad character in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

I liked her. Heck, I started a  Tree Hugger fan-club for her, I liked her so much.

She's an unusual character in the world of Equestria for sure, she brought something new and refreshing to the show. Which is one of the reasons why I find her interesting. She's different. I'm also a fan of the hippy era, so I guess I liked her for that as well. She seems like a pony that'd enjoy Psychedelic rock (Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd) and The Beatles. She's an overall easy going character, and so am I. She may have been a "Stereotypical" hippy, but that's what I loved about her.

She's my favourite new character of Season 5 so far.

• Brohoof 1

I hate hippie culture and basically everything having to do with the 60s, but I found myself still liking her. I like that she was so in tuned with her own spirituality, and the fact she's got really bold eyebrows to make her stand out (apart from her palette). She's not a favorite of mine, but I definitely can't say I hate her.

I liked her, but she's nothing spectacular IMO.  What I don't like is that she first meet Fluttershy on that Breezie trip they keep bringing up.  Damn it DHX/Hasbro/MLP writing staff, show us that episode already! Seriously, they have Fluttershy don a new outfit, is given gifts from the rest of the Mane 6, is super excited about the whole trip and meets a new pony, who could have easily been Fluttershy's key giver (same lesson, just that Tree Hugger would have been on the opposite end of the spectrum in comparison to Seabreeze). It's almost like they had the episode planned out but decided to not go through with it. 

• Brohoof 1

B-but i love maud..... I guess i like the opposite of pinkie and rocks 

I found her a bit of a stereotypical mainstay in cartoons. There always has to be some hippie or someone that talks like that. Of course since she isn't a central character she'll just come and go. I can understand why Fluttershy likes her.