Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do we expect from My little Pony?

Mesme Rize

I expect it to be as it always has been: a cute, fun, entertaining show with good stories.

As for a certain section of the fandom saying it's this deep and complicated show along the lines of Avatar the Last Airbender or Batman the Animated Series, no. It really isn't.

• Brohoof 1

Slice of life episodes. Sensible characters. Keen observation over today's world, and meaningful messages about society's harmful behaviours.

Add magic to taste.

I've been disappointed many times in life. Therefore I'm very demanding, needless to say, this often leads to disappointment. Yet another aspect that needs realization and healing.

Cowardice or idealism?

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

My typical expectations since I first saw this show:

A mostly light-hearted cartoon with cute characters, solid morals, stories that are good enough to deliver the message, usually a relaxing tone, and some dark serious moments occasionally. And like most shows a lot of good episodes and some duds.

Are these good enough expectations and should I just keep them?

(edited)

My typical expectations since I first saw this show:

A mostly light-hearted cartoon with cute characters, solid morals, stories that are good enough to deliver the message, usually a relaxing tone, and some dark serious moments occasionally. And like most shows a lot of good episodes and some duds.

Are these good enough expectations and should I just keep them?

These are pretty reasonable expectations if you ask me.

I always start an episode with the expectation of it being ok, not good or bad just ok. Even then, my criteria for a bad episode are pretty bad.

Edited by Krynosius

(edited)

I think I will always expect the message of kindness and friendship.

I feel like even though this show is targeted towards children, it's a message everyone, of all ages, can get behind.

Because I feel like in today's world, we forget how to be friends and how to be kind and tolerant towards one another, and I think the message that MLP portrays is one that everyone should remember.

Edited by pinkbubbles
  • Brohoof 1