Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I used to HATE Mlp for no particular reason than it was cool to hate on little girls shows. I remember watching am Equestria Girls TV commercial some 2 years ago, and i was DISGUSTED, i was like "oh just another bratz, but based on my little horses"

I was so wrong. That was 2 years ago and recently, i watched the first episode and i was hooked. I'm now an avid fan of the show, watched all the episodes, all the movies, converted most of my friends, and am now using a forum for Mlp.

Its just funny to think back on how different you used to be. Anyone have a similar story?

• Brohoof 2

To be honest, I think I was a bit curious but put off because I thought it was a shallow, childish show. It struck me as a bit stupid and annoying, but not horrible or anything like that. Though, I admittedly warmed up and saw the appeal, so.

I used to hate the show too, but that was before I even gave it a chance.  I was always curious though why it was so popular.  But here I am now, talking about small horses on a small horse forum watching said little horses have fun adventures.  And I don't regret a thing.

If the show taught me anything, it was to be more tolerable and open minded

When I first saw it on TV (October 10, 2010) I said to myself that "Nah, I don't wanna watch a little girls show" I would of been the World's youngest brony if I have watched the show then!

@

Just letting you know I moved your topic to Sugarcube Corner; which is more appropriate for briny-centered topics like this. Show Discussion is largely for threads relating to the show.

Thanks. :)

(edited)

I never had a problem with it, but I got into the show probably the same reason I think a lot of bronies did, lied about being a brony because a girl I liked was into it, figured I should watch the first two episodes just so I had a bases for my bullshit, fell in love with it, seen every episode.

Edited by Binary Blast
  • Brohoof 1

I am not a whole lot different than what I was before I discovered the show, though I do think I am a much better person in some ways, and somehow more depressed in other ways. The show has given me a passion and a strive for self acceptance, yet at the same time I feel like that has gotten much harder to do. It's really weird.

I never hated the show before though. I actually seen things for it back in 2011 and was fascinated by it, for an entire year. Then I finally watched it in 2012 and was hooked. I have most hated the obvious 'girly' stereotype shows because a lot of them are usually pretty terrible, this one I knew something was different right from the beginning.

Well, I actually got into the show recently, so it's too soon to tell for me. :)

I never had a problem with it, but I got into the show probably the same reason I think a lot of bronies did, lied about being a brony because a girl I liked was into it, figured I should watch the first two episodes just so I had a bases for my bullshit, fell in love with it, seen every episode.

That's actually seriously cute XD

(edited)

I used to UTTERLY DESPISE that five-note jingle they've had for years.

I really didn't know about the show or about bronies until my brother (a sort of anti-brony) told me about it maybe two years ago. I thought I was just sort of a weird fandom, and went on, business as usual.

I spent a LONG time *seeing* the characters after that but I think at some point I wanted to see why there was such a hype about this show. I started watching from the beginning and then successfully fed my addiction for the following 4 weeks. :) I LOVE MLP

Edited by colt_following

Every day was just the same for me. Go to school, kill it in sports, go home do homework/watch tv/ play videogames/ eat dinner. Didn't have much excitement to look forward too, and I was kind of a social outcast in high school. Now that I watched FiM and discovered it isn't a bad show, since most TV shows now suck I was a lot more cheerful and talkative. 

I used to be a much more closed minded person and I used to never give things a chance before 2012... I've change a lot as a persona and for the better.

(edited)

I use to be an adventurer....

I was pretty much the same as I'am now..... I never hated ponies.... but I didn't always like them.....

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

I used to be totally supportive of bronies and the show and was planning to watch it for over a year before I did. I defended bronies online, and thought the "bronies sexualize MLP" idea was just a load of hot air from a bunch of close-minded folks who couldn't see why else guys would enjoy a girls' cartoon.

Then I found out it was all true and I'd been living a lie all this time! Ha ha... ha...

:(

I'm not any different. Or rather, I am different, but not because of or in reference to the show. I never went long with the stereotypes one way or another. Never hated on it, never loved it. Had friends that liked it, had friends that didn't. I wasn't a big fan of the first few episodes, but I don't make my descision about a show until I'm about 1.5 seasons in, at least, so I kept going. I found I liked it, and that's that.

I wasn't that much different before I watched MLP: FiM. If anything, when I first heard of Bronies, I was a little confused about why so many men way above my age would like a show that is primarily made for little girls.

• Brohoof 1