Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I had no opinion toward MLP one way or another before I watched FiM. I most certainly did not hate it. A long time ago I had an online friend who liked MLP, and she made the first real impression of the series on me. So I never had any negative feelings for it.

I didn't even know that MLP had cartoon series. Lol. Having been into cartoons for a long time when FiM started blowing up in popularity, and seeing Faust's words about FiM being a show meant to show that there's no wrong way to be a girl, I was excited to watch it!

(edited)

The funny thing is that from 5 years to 10 years old, I was all about black color and boy-ish stuff. My dream was actually to become a pirate (XD). My favourite Disney princess was Jack Sparrow. It was no to any girly colors or toys (back then specially mlp, barbies and so on). Then on 5th grade I kinda grew from those thoughts and found My Little Pony. End of story :D

Edited by RainbowFetish

I wasn't much different than what I am like now, I as surprised and a bit confused when a friend of mine said he was into ponies but didn't judge him for it because I have a long history of unusual hobbies and interests. What finally got him to convince me to try to show was Discord, I have to know if he was as awesome as he said so I watched the Return of Harmony two parter and loved it. I watched the rest of the episodes on Youtube and once season 3 rolled around I kept up with the new episodes, saw the Equestria Girls movie and have read some of the comics.

(edited)

Well I did change a bit obviously, but not because of MLP.

As of MLP, I really didn't care about it before.

Edited by Blobulle

(edited)

Wow i figured people just changed their opinions of Mlp, i never realized people changes from being anti-social after watching Mlp. Thats so sweet :(

Edited by AppleJack_Wack

I was just sort of indifferent towards the show. I don't know exactly how I got started watching it, but I'm glad I did.

I used to believe MLP could never be good. (I saw the 1986 movie long ago because my sister had it.) So when I saw that it had a Crowning Moment of Awesome entry on TV Tropes, I was skeptical. Eventually, I decided to give it a try...and when Twilight reacted incredulously to Pinkie's random song I knew this was a different show, and well worth watching.

Nowadays, I only hate G3 and G3.5.

When I first time noticed the show and this brony-thing, I became a bit curious of course and I definitely didn't dislike it. But for a long time I thought that the fanbase was based solely on the cuteness-factor and not on the quality of the show itself, so I didn't bother to actually watch an episode. That was until I "accidentally" saw one on TV :toldya:

I remember I used to hate MLP, but I never really gave the show a chance because I thought it was for little kids and was over hyped in my opinion. My friends kept on telling me to watch the show and give it a chance and they kept pestering me about watching it nonstop. After a few months of my friends letting me listen to some songs and talking about the show I decided to sit down and marathon all three seasons that were out at the time, just to see what MLP was all about. After the first few episode I was instantly hooked and I kept up watching until I was at the end of the third season. That was around two years ago for me and I'm still watching the show to this day. I watch the show, I collect figures and plushies, and I'm proud and glad to be a brony and a fan to My Little Pony.  ^_^   

• Brohoof 1

I never really cared for the show or all the pony OC profile pics on youtube.

I didn't hate it or bronies or anything else. I would just wonder why it was such a popular show and why people are barely liking it now instead of the early 2000's. (I didn't know about the generations at the time)

I'm glad I decided to watch it. Best decision ever! :)