Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was wrong with Featherweight?

JamesBobbyDReed

I was rewatching season two and 

in the beggining of "Ponyville confidential"

Sweetie Belle said "Can you believe featherweight

got his cutie mark? FEATHERWEIGHT, before us!"

SB seemed to be putting down feathers here, but what for?

I know im overseeing this, but lets face it.

This fandom oversees everything in

the show.

• Brohoof 2

I suppose she was judging him because of his reputation or something in that way :T. 

To me, Featherweight didn't seem to be a very popular guy. Probably was a social outcast of some kind (nerd, geek, etc.)

Dunno why though. He reminds me of my cousin who also does photography and even resembles him a little bit. And my cousin is awesome :pinkie:

If you look at Featherweight closely he dosen't exactly seem like the type of colt who would be mr popular among his classmates. Notice his thin, frail looking body and there is a good chance he may have some socially awkward tendencies. To put it simply he is a little bit different than his classmates and what happens to people or ponies in this case that are different? They get singled out. Sweetie Belle was speaking both from a point of shallow disregard and a fair amount of jealousy.

Maybe because they see cutie marks as a competition or a race, so Sweetie Belle was upset because Featherweight (who doesn't seem very ambitious) got his cutie mark before them.