Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else notice that season 5 has been super cutie mark themed?

Binary Blast

Anyone else notice that season 5 has been super cutie mark themed?  I wonder if they're hinting at a certain orange filly getting her cutie mark by the end of the season? thoughts?

• Brohoof 1

I've noticed this too. Maybe we will learn all about Cutie Mark's by the end of the season? As in their origins and connection to magic in Equestria. That would be rather interesting. Whether or not any of the CMC's will get their's is still a mystery to me but if there ever were a season for it to happen, I feel like it would be this one.

• Brohoof 6

You're not the only one who's noticed. It was being set up since the Season 4 finale, and also with Season 5 premiere's coinciding with the launch of the "Cutie Mark Magic" toyline.

I don't like to sound cliche, but if I got paid for every time someone said the Cutie Mark Crusaders were or might be getting their cutie marks this season, I could buy out this site. We don't know for sure about that, and it would be incredibly risky if they did do it. Instead, they could do more with these characters without always having them do the same things to try to get their cutie marks, and that seems to be the route they're taking.

• Brohoof 5

Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo get their cutie marks this season or bust.

Seeing how we have known their special talents very very early on in the Showstoppers 80! episodes ago this has been loooong overdue.

Besides that MLP FIM is a Hasbro show and thus will and will always have to in some form or another relate to a toyline and be used to sell merchandise.  The cutie mark theme is just to go along with the newest Cutie Mark Magic toyline Hasbro is pushing.

• Brohoof 4

I've noticed it as well, like everyone else. From the premiere blatantly throwing it in our face, to Applebloom's anxieties to the CMC shedding light onto the meaning of a cutie mark without having one themselves; cutie marks have definitely been the theme of the season so far. However, I honestly don't think that any of the CMC will get their cutie marks; I think that they'll grow even further than that by finally accepting the fact that they can't rush it and it will come at its own time. After all, they've had two episodes to themselves so far and neither really had anything to do with them trying some crazy-ass scheme to achieve their cutie marks. True, it was an idea in Appleloosa's Most Wanted, but they put that goal aside in order to help somepony figure out their own cutie mark. I think they've mostly matured past the point of trying literally every activity that comes to mind.

Cutie Mark Magic is yet another vacuous term made for the purpose of selling more toys.

Just like Rainbow Power. Well, you can hold a badass DBZ-style energy fight with Rainbow Power, so they are somewhat different. I don't know what Cutie Mark Magic can do, though.

Yeah it's the theme of the season, writers have said so in those promo vids and such. and he CMC well idk about them he stick is getting old and they seem to always be clueless that they can't get hier makrs at thesame time. as for cutie makr power...well idk maybe starlight will return somehow and be defeat De-nex macina style

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, and I like how it's exploring the background and lore of Equestria, rather than just villain of the week (not that that's bad, but I want other things too). I hope the CMCs get some good character development :D

I believe it was mentioned by the staff that cutie markes would play a central role in season 5.

In addition to that though cutie marks were needing a lot more focus anyway; considering just their very nature is mysterious outside of "indicating a pony's talent and all."

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

You're not the only one who's noticed. It was being set up since the Season 4 finale, and also with Season 5 premiere's coinciding with the launch of the "Cutie Mark Magic" toyline.

I don't like to sound cliche, but if I got paid for every time someone said the Cutie Mark Crusaders were or might be getting their cutie marks this season, I could buy out this site. We don't know for sure about that, and it would be incredibly risky if they did do it. Instead, they could do more with these characters without always having them do the same things to try to get their cutie marks, and that seems to be the route they're taking.

Then what would we talk about? lol

I wonder if there are full grown stallions and mares that are blank flanks. Now that would be interesting.

Or maybe the CMC are never supposed to get cutie marks.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

Then what would we talk about? lol

I wonder if there are full grown stallions and mares that are blank flanks. Now that would be interesting.

Or maybe the CMC are never supposed to get cutie marks.

Well, we could turn this into one big push to get adult blank flanks into the show. My OC is one and I think it would make a great episode. ;)

The idea of the Crusaders never getting their cutie marks just doesn't sound right. The pony's out of the barn, so to speak, and eventually closure on this character arc would be necessary. If not, it would be one giant disappointment.

The staff has confirmed this season is based on the Cutie Mark Magic toyline, so it makes sense that many episodes focus on that theme.

And of course, the Mane 6 will get a Cutie Mark Magic transformation in the season finale, The Cutie Remark. Here's what it'll look like:

Cutie%2BMark%2BMagic%2BSeason%2B5.JPG

The staff has confirmed this season is based on the Cutie Mark Magic toyline, so it makes sense that many episodes focus on that theme.

And of course, the Mane 6 will get a Cutie Mark Magic transformation in the season finale, The Cutie Remark. Here's what it'll look like:

Cutie%2BMark%2BMagic%2BSeason%2B5.JPG

I wonder if they'll have a new super transformation with the cutie mark magic at the finale  :huh:

Check the spoiler for the answer.

Sorry, I was too vague, I meant if they'll have those transformations in the show, like they did with rainbow power 

Sorry, I was too vague, I meant if they'll have those transformations in the show, like they did with rainbow power 

Very likely, considering they did it for Rainbow Power, Crystal Ponies, etc, and the whole point of the show is to advertise those toys.

Very likely, considering they did it for Rainbow Power, Crystal Ponies, etc, and the whole point of the show is to advertise those toys.

Well honestly toy companies will just ship with whatever the hay they feel like, regardless of canon. They sold AJ with like...a PURSE. AJ WITH A PURSE @_@

And then there are those Ninja Turtles with rocket launchers, Spider man with a motorcycle (really??), Superman with armor and swords, Batman with GUNS, etc. Toy companies will do whatever they think moves toys off the shelves, canon be damned.