Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Creamy Arty

In case you haven't noticed (and you probably haven't because I only made it visible a moment ago), there is a new subforum beneath the Equestria.tv forum called “The Lobby.” What is the The Lobby, you ask?

Only staff members are able to post threads in the top-level Equestria.tv forum, as it has always been. This has been necessary because that's where we post our weekly announcement threads for our Friday movie nights, it's where the Friday movie night request thread resides, and where we post miscellaneous announcements regarding changes to EQTV staff and operations. If we allowed everyone to start a thread in there, things would become a disorganized mess, making it difficult to locate anything unless we were to pin everything of any significance. However, EQTV itself has grown along with our community. We need moar. You need moar!

Inspired by a couple of threads recently posted in peripherally related areas of the site, we thought it would be really nifty (and honestly necessary) to add a place for the Equestria.tv community to interact with the EQTV staff and one another regarding technical problems, suggestions for site development, and discussion of unofficial EQTV events. What are "unofficial” events, you don't ask? Well, I'm going to tell you what I mean anyway.  :derp:

A nifty feature of Equestria.tv of which most people don't avail themselves is the ability to create their own channels. When you create a new channel, you can register it so it becomes permanently attached to your account. You are the administrator of your own channel, able to mute, kick, and ban attendees, as well as create custom chat filters, emoticons, and build a playlist. One can build a playlist with videos from Youtube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion; tracks from Soundcloud, as well as embedding broadcasts from live streaming services such as Livestream, UStream, Twitch, and Hitbox. We've seen some of you making use of this feature, but not many of you and not to its fullest potential. Now all of you are aware of it, and now you may also head to The Lobby and post a thread advertising the channels you create (be sure to add the Channel prefix when creating your thread for easier recognition)! You will find a thread pinned in The Lobby with a few basic guidelines; please read it before doing anything else.

Thanks for your attention, you little rapscallions.

Sincerely,

The Heads of Equestria.tv

post-6104-0-87629200-1431998560_thumb.png

• Brohoof 23

why is ashley on a corner sucking at DDR if she's no longer here...?

AT LEAST I APPEAR THERE inb4 I change my name again to Viridian, BEING RIDEN BY YOZER, BUT I APPEAR.

But yeah, I am gonna exploit this on my evil plans, and you know it perfectly. Do you know? You know. Perfect.

I need a coffee. I've never wrote such a nonsensical thing on CC ever

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

This, to me, has got to be the best idea ever implemented on this forum.

Now comes the time for me to decide on what kind of channel...

EDIT:

One can build a playlist with videos from Youtube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion; tracks from Soundcloud, as well as embedding broadcasts from live streaming services such as Livestream, UStream, Twitch, and Hitbox.

Is that the full list of websites we can get video, audio, and livestreams from?

Edited by DJShy3
  • Brohoof 1

Now comes the tough choice for me, All Rarity 24/7 or a Trek channel ....

Let me fix that for us both... 'Now comes the tough choice for me, All Rarity 24/7 or All Rarity 24/7 /....'  :please:

• Brohoof 4

Let me fix that for us both... 'Now comes the tough choice for me, All Rarity 24/7 or All Rarity 24/7 /....'  :please:

Gotta agree with the all Rarity Channel.

• Brohoof 1

Decisions, decisions... ah buck it, flip a coin.  :please:

two-face-coin-flip.gif

Now allow me to explain to you why the concept of 'Chance' embodied in the coin toss is the only fair, black-and-white, orderly thing in the world, ergo, no matter what your result, you should follow a Batman channel.  :derp: (sorry, couldn't resist, because I'm me  :mustache:)