Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone here have a computer virus?

RainbowDashie2000

(edited)

Yah, but just some pesky ad-ware thing, that keeps Coming back When i Remove it!

...Used to have a ton more, dangerous ones before, but then i made a system restore... Dunno how in the world i somehow got 100+ viruses over the course of a week..

Edited by Lord Bradley

Yah, but just some pesky ad-ware thing, that keeps Coming back When i Remove it!

...Used to have a ton more, dangerous ones before, but then i made a system restore... Dunno how in the world i somehow got 100+ viruses over the course of a week..

Once you get one the floodgates are open unfortunately. Most of the time a single Trojan invites its friends to join in on the party.

I don't have any at the moment, but I get them (particularly adware, it seems) fairly often since my laptop's kinda old... I use SpyHunter whenever there's a problem to get rid of it quickly, though.

• 3 years later...

I once almost got a virus when a message appeared that said "warning, a virus has been detected on your computer" while I was trying to watch free MLP episodes on some website.

Turns out my anti-virus system (Bidifender) blocked it.B)

12 minutes ago, Bas said:

Assuming viruses have been the issues for the lags & slowdowns, don't throw them away, that can be fixed.

Start with a linux live cd / OS/ pen drive, open "GParted" and format the HDD again (new partition table, file system: NTFS)

Then you can install a new windows OS on it.

Of course, you could just put into another windows machine or reinstall right away...but that's a higher risk viruses are remaining, IMHO, or you infecting the other machine.

Or you could just exchange the HDD with a new one.

Nah I got my new pc cause my old one was underpowered and I Dont like building pcs, thats all

I could have easily fixed it but by the time I got the virus I had got a new pc and didn't have time to do any of that

Edited by Jakeduhcreeper

3 minutes ago, Bas said:

Maybe you know anypony IRL who wants to take a loot at it.

Which hardware specs?

If you're talking to me I don't think I actually have the pc anymore, think we did actually end up fixing it and then selling it or something idk

I'm fine, Don't need any help with it lol.

Edited by Jakeduhcreeper

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

This days I don't have that many problems i tend to always monitor my task manager and I let Malwarebytes take care of the rest. On mobile I don't even feel like I need to bother because play store security is good enough for software that I am using.

P.S. Samsung is famous for installing their mandatory malware on their Galaxy phones. My advice is just to disable it if it harasses your phone non stop.

Edited by R.D.Dash
PS
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I have a computer virus from 2004 burned on a few CD-Rs, because I never cleaned my computer before burning them. I never use them, but they are very much infected.

I remember when that virus had reproduced into every single program executable on my computer, and I was so glad an antivirus program managed to save all the programs, removing the virus completely.